...going to be backing up the 8900 to my PC/Outlook using DM then using Outlook to upload them all to the Droid? The 8900 is already disconnected so I don't think that Google Sync will be an option, will it? I ported my number so I have no connection but I still have BIS so could this potentially work? Can I just copy them to the memory card and then use that somehow? I don't have DM or Outlook at this point so I would have to download both just to make the move so I'm open to easiest/quickest ideas. Thanks!
    11-17-09 01:46 AM
    Verizon should be able to transfer your contacts for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 02:19 AM
    Verizon should be able to transfer your contacts for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'll check with them.
    11-17-09 08:45 AM
    I'll check with them.
    The one the milford ct said they could not.... they did not have the Tec yet... then again i got the phone when it first came out
    11-17-09 01:19 PM
    The one the milford ct said they could not.... they did not have the Tec yet... then again i got the phone when it first came out
    It would be location dependent, they have to have a Cellbrite/Cellibrite machine to transfer your contacts.
    11-17-09 01:21 PM
    Do you have a gmail email account? If so, you can export your contacts to a CSV file from Outlook and Import them in gmail, enable synchronization of your contacts in your droid and its done! Extremely easy.
    11-17-09 02:53 PM
    Do you have a gmail email account? If so, you can export your contacts to a CSV file from Outlook and Import them in gmail, enable synchronization of your contacts in your droid and its done! Extremely easy.
    I tried that already. DM is a stupid piece of crap and never wants to function properly aside from the fact that it's a resource hog. I managed to get by never installing it on a PC in the 9mos that I owned the phone and ultimately I needed it to export my contacts to my PC before I could give up on BB's. I attempted to sync it to Outlook and it didn't even want to allow Outlook in the list of possible programs to sync to. I searched for sixes and finally gave up and went and wasted an hour sitting at a Verizon store. It's done now though and I never have to mess with that thing again so I'm happy. Now that it's all sync'd with Google I won't have to worry about it anymore. Had I thought of this prior to porting my mobile number over I could have sync'd my contacts to Google like everything else and been done with it. I didn't do this because the contacts on my mobile are a few hundred contacts I actually wanted. Now I've got thousands of 'contacts' on my phone from emails from random people so I'll probably spend almost as much time editing the list but at least I can do it on a PC now on my Google account. What a PITA.
    11-17-09 03:18 PM
    You can also download Google Sync onto your phone and then link it to your Gmail Account. Go to Google Mobile on your 8900 and then click on the Google Sync link. It will download an app that will let you sync to your account. Then on your droid, do the same and you'll pull down your contacts.
    11-17-09 03:20 PM
    You can also download Google Sync onto your phone and then link it to your Gmail Account. Go to Google Mobile on your 8900 and then click on the Google Sync link. It will download an app that will let you sync to your account. Then on your droid, do the same and you'll pull down your contacts.
    Like I said, already had that on the phone and used it to link everything BUT my contacts. I no longer have service on the BB since they ported my number over so it does me no good now.
    11-17-09 03:25 PM
    I used the google sync and it works great.
    11-17-09 04:53 PM
    I tried that already. DM is a stupid piece of crap and never wants to function properly aside from the fact that it's a resource hog. I managed to get by never installing it on a PC in the 9mos that I owned the phone and ultimately I needed it to export my contacts to my PC before I could give up on BB's. I attempted to sync it to Outlook and it didn't even want to allow Outlook in the list of possible programs to sync to. I searched for sixes and finally gave up and went and wasted an hour sitting at a Verizon store. It's done now though and I never have to mess with that thing again so I'm happy. Now that it's all sync'd with Google I won't have to worry about it anymore. Had I thought of this prior to porting my mobile number over I could have sync'd my contacts to Google like everything else and been done with it. I didn't do this because the contacts on my mobile are a few hundred contacts I actually wanted. Now I've got thousands of 'contacts' on my phone from emails from random people so I'll probably spend almost as much time editing the list but at least I can do it on a PC now on my Google account. What a PITA.
    You dont need DM for this. Its a function of Outlook. Open outlook and go File > Import Export > Click "Export to a File" then Next. You then want to select Comma Seperated Values (Windows) then Next. Click Contacts and Next again. Name the file and broswe the location to save it. Go to your Gmail account. Click on �Contacts� in the left hand navigation. Click on Import in the top right corner. Browse to your file, import and youre set.
    11-17-09 05:02 PM
    You dont need DM for this. Its a function of Outlook. Open outlook and go File > Import Export > Click "Export to a File" then Next. You then want to select Comma Seperated Values (Windows) then Next. Click Contacts and Next again. Name the file and broswe the location to save it. Go to your Gmail account. Click on �Contacts� in the left hand navigation. Click on Import in the top right corner. Browse to your file, import and youre set.
    That's great information. Had I had it this morning I would have done it but I thought that the only way to get my contacts from my BB 8900 to Outlook was via Desktop Manager. All the searching I've done before throwing in the towel and this is the first mention I've seen of this method. Now that everything is on Google and I've learned to edit and modify (the merge option was a lifesaver for several entries) using that it should be a cake walk in the future as long as whatever phone I get jives with Google Contacts.
    11-17-09 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD