I am intrigued. I hope this comes to multiple carriers, sounds cool.

Sprint Kyocera Echo hands-on! | BGR | Boy Genius Report
    02-07-11 06:15 PM
    ugh no ugly....its not bad idea but the execution is horrible imo
    02-07-11 06:18 PM
    the phone looks like crap, im disappointed in sprint for wanting to release that! lol. its a very nice concept tho.
    02-07-11 06:49 PM
    I personally wouldn't buy it but I know a lot of people who would.
    02-07-11 07:39 PM
    Hands on video
    02-07-11 08:31 PM
    Looks, interesting. Though it would've been better to have a large "main" screen, and a smaller, secondary screen for virtual keyboard use. That's what people were saying would be cool in previous threads.
    02-07-11 08:34 PM
    I am intrigued. I hope this comes to multiple carriers, sounds cool.

Sprint Kyocera Echo hands-on! | BGR | Boy Genius Report
    I once had a Kyocera with the pivot mechanism to open the phone. It was hands down, the worst cell phone I ever owned. fool me once; shame on you--fool me twice; shame on me.
    02-07-11 08:50 PM
    Looks, interesting. Though it would've been better to have a large "main" screen, and a smaller, secondary screen for virtual keyboard use. That's what people were saying would be cool in previous threads.
    It looks too much like a Nintendo DS
    02-07-11 09:11 PM
    I dig it with exception of the screen sizes... 3.5 is unacceptable considering there's so much more room to fit something bigger. Love the look though!
    02-08-11 12:13 AM
    Ugliest phone since the Style prototypes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-11 12:15 AM
    Fugly as ****. Sometimes pushing the boundaries should be left alone or at least hidden, lol!

Wouldn't own that if they paid me...well depending how much...

02-08-11 12:54 AM
    Choices are good. But this phone isn't for me! Barf.

02-08-11 09:33 AM
    From looks alone, it appears poor.

Were's the specs on the processor, screen(s), memory, Android OS version?

After prior Sprint Android releases, I really thought this would be something better.
    02-08-11 10:58 AM
    Yeah I was also hoping for much more from Sprint, good thing they released some solid phones prior to this "toy" phone.
    02-08-11 11:02 AM
    OK, I found some specs. Nothing exciting esp seeing that the battery is the same amp as the EVO so with this one, one can expect worse battery life than the EVO due to the dual screens which compared to the EVO isn't much bigger.

Kyocera Echo Specs

Android 2.2 with Wi-Fi Hotspot and Flash 10.1
    Two 3.5-inch touchscreens with 800 x 480 pixels resolution
    4.7-inch dual-screen experience with 960 x 800 pixels resolution
    1 GHz Snapdragon processor (QSD 8650)
    512MB RAM
    1GB internal memory
    8GB microSD card
    5-megapixel camera with flash and 720p HD video recording
    3G EV-DO Rev A connectivity
    Wi-Fi 802.11b/g
    Bluetooth 2.1
    1370 mAh battery
    Dimensions: 115 x 56.5 x 17.2mm
    Weight: 193g (6.8 oz.)

Since now the $10 premium fee is in effect for all Sprint smartphones, I see no reason that the Echo is any better that than the EVO given there is no 4G for the Echo.

I'm missing the fact in how two 3.5 screen total 4.7 when the EVO has 4.3 in a single screen, OK perhaps there is only 4.7 viewable but I would thought marketing people would claim two 3.5 screens would equal 7.0 inch total screen size when dual displays are used. If 4.7 is the total combined dual screen size, why not just get the EVO?

With the new prem fee effective Feb 1st, that's going to kill Echo sales.

With no 4G possiblity, the EVO will kill the Echo.

Sprint states that it will ship with an extra battery and external charger so they do expect poor battery life even before it's released,

Why release a phone that does less than current phones? Sound much like the AT&T Xperia X10 when they only have 1.6 Android OS.

The only thing the Echo is pushing is how low of quality that consumers will accept when compared to current smartphones already available!
    Last edited by eBoyDog; 02-08-11 at 11:43 AM.
    02-08-11 11:21 AM
    I would never buy it, but I can see this being very useful for some people.
    02-08-11 02:16 PM
    Watching the walk-through was painful. How many times did the rep have to click on both screens to get it to respond?

The other thing that bothers me about it is how thick it is when collapsed. It would be a much more revolutionary product if they found a way to get rid of the gap between the screens when extended.
    02-08-11 03:44 PM
    Watching the walk-through was painful. How many times did the rep have to click on both screens to get it to respond?

The other thing that bothers me about it is how thick it is when collapsed. It would be a much more revolutionary product if they found a way to get rid of the gap between the screens when extended.
    Good point!

02-08-11 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD