I have a BB tour. I use it for work. I have my email set up through yahoo to all of my customers. My wife had an BB 8330 and upgraded to the Moto Droid. She hated it because her yahoo email wouldn't work all of the time. She followed the steps suggested on this site and it worked for a couple of days and then for no ryme or reason, just quit working. She got tired of it so she switched to a tour. My question is, is this still a problem? I am tired of carrying around a brick but it does function fine. Has this problem been fixed with the new incredible or other droids?
    Thanks
    05-16-10 12:03 PM
    it still has issues....
    05-16-10 12:15 PM
    have no problem with yahoo on my droid using k-9 client
    05-16-10 12:19 PM
    serious question: why is anyone still using Yahoo for email?

if you (or her) wants to switch to Android, switch to Gmail (with IMAP PUSH) and you won't miss the BB too much.
    05-16-10 12:41 PM

if you (or her) wants to switch to Android, switch to Gmail (with IMAP PUSH) and you won't miss the BB too much.
    Couple reasons, it the first address I ever had (1995). I have tons of emails saved on there that I would not want to lose. It is not my primary email but I use it when I sign up for stuff.
    05-16-10 12:57 PM

another serious question??? WTF does this have to do with my question???
    05-16-10 01:06 PM
    I think part of the problem is the yahoo and gmail integration with the BIS. With the droid you are using it as a POP client. Yahoo hasn't always played nice with POP especially when you are not a "premium" yahoo user.
    05-16-10 01:17 PM
    Even the premium has issues like improper syncing. I constantly get unread mail notifications from stuff previously read after deleting one or more emails from the client (I use k-9, and have yahoo plus). Its very strange yahoo hasn't fixed this stuff yet as mobile email is fast becomming the norm.

I love Yahoo email on the web, and in outlook/thunderbird, and its been my business email account for 7 years so I don't want to have to switch to gmail for my business, but if they never fix the syncing issue I will have to.
    05-16-10 01:35 PM
    I love Yahoo email on the web, and in outlook/thunderbird, and its been my business email account for 7 years so I don't want to have to switch to gmail for my business, but if they never fix the syncing issue I will have to.
    You should also look at Welcome to Google Apps

You can register your own domain name for your company and Google will host your email on their servers.
    05-16-10 04:09 PM
    I have also read that the reception for the incedible sucks. Is this true???
    05-16-10 04:17 PM
    You should also look at Welcome to Google Apps

You can register your own domain name for your company and Google will host your email on their servers.
    Yah I've been looking at that. I just really like yahoo's folder system ect, but I think change is coming.
    05-16-10 04:35 PM
    I was able to set up my Yahoo email just fine using it as an IMAP client on my Eris. It works and refreshes every 5 minutes. I don't have any trouble what-so-ever.

you are also able to access the different folders.
    05-18-10 05:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD