When i push the top button to put my X2 in standby/lock the screen it turns black like it should. But when i get a msg and hit the button again the lock screen is gone. battery pull wont correct the problem, nor will powering down...no new apps were installed to create the problem either. I took it to verizon and asked for a Droid user to help and they just said to do a factory reset. I refuse to do factory reset, because i hate having to reprogram my device every time it crashes from some bug, also hate having to reinstall ALL my apps. anyone know how to fix this??
    05-09-12 12:23 PM
    Sounds like you need to factory reset.

What do you mean the lockscreen is gone? When you press the power button it just goes back to your homescreen? Or does the screen still stay black?

I don't remember if 2.3 can turn the lockscreen off in the settings like 4.0, but if it can, try turning it off then on again and see if it works. There are also apps you can install that have lockscreen shortcuts. Maybe install one of those and see if it makes your lockscreen pop up.

If not, like the VZW rep and I said before, it sounds like you need to do a factory reset.
    05-09-12 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD