Nice! I called in and informed them about the code. They're going to credit me the difference. Thanks retrokid!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-10 10:00 PM
    i ordered on too, saw the post on slickdeals, 28 is a great deal
    08-17-10 10:14 PM
    nice! I called in and informed them about the code. They're going to credit me the difference. Thanks retrokid!

Posted from my crackberry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    np..... :d
    08-17-10 11:33 PM
    Just ordered mine. Got it for 26 bucks. 30% promotional code and 25% military discount!
    08-17-10 11:36 PM
    I wish I had checked this thread again before ordering. Would have been nice to get that discount. Anyway mine is already in and will be put through the grinder tomorrow.
    08-18-10 01:24 AM
    So I've had the Droid X since the end of July and the one major downside has been my battery. I have GPS/Wifi/BT always off and the screen brightness down to 20%.
    Wifi would actually help save your battery, not drain it.
    Also, don't drain your battery all the way down, that's bad for this type of battery. You were supposed to do that back in the day with the other types of batteries.
    08-18-10 04:29 AM
    my total was $27 dollars (correction) and it will be here friday
    08-18-10 08:08 AM
    Does the extended battery work with either of the 2 DX docks- desk, car?
    08-20-10 12:18 PM
    Should've charged it for a few hours as soon as you put it in, THEN let it reach about 10% then charge it up over night to "wake" the battery. I don't suggest draining Li-Ion batteries anyways.

I'd probably be annoyed by that whole 1mm battery door sticking out but it's probably neglectable when putting a rubberized silicone skin over it.
    08-20-10 12:42 PM
    I'd probably be annoyed by that whole 1mm battery door sticking out but it's probably neglectable when putting a rubberized silicone skin over it.
    Good to know this battery exists and funny to say that because the OP has a Storm and the X and I'm thinking of returning my X and using the Storm until a Verizon Blackberry 6 or iPhone. The Storm has it's issues but it sure beats the X for message handling phone calls and battery life.

It will be a week with Droid tomorrow and I'll try to give it at least two before I give up. Even the energy saving mode makes my batter life poor compared to my Blackberry.
    09-28-10 09:29 PM
    Good to know this battery exists and funny to say that because the OP has a Storm and the X and I'm thinking of returning my X and using the Storm until a Verizon Blackberry 6 or iPhone. The Storm has it's issues but it sure beats the X for message handling phone calls and battery life.

It will be a week with Droid tomorrow and I'll try to give it at least two before I give up. Even the energy saving mode makes my batter life poor compared to my Blackberry.
    i get excellent battery life on my droid x and im not even using my extended battery right now. i get a full day and a half on the stock battery. phone and messaging to me is pro on the X do you have the android 2.2 on your droid x?
    09-28-10 09:38 PM
    I've had the extended batt since last month when this thread was started, but have recently switched back to the stock batt. I am rooted and using an app called "setcpu" that lets me adjust the processor from 1000ghz to 300ghz when I'm not using it and when it's being used it adjusts back to full processor speed. With the stock batt. and heavy usage I'm still at around 50% full by the time I go to bed at 10pm. Wished I hadn't of spent the extra on the extended batt. now that I know how to tweak my DX.
    09-29-10 06:35 AM
    i get excellent battery life on my droid x and im not even using my extended battery right now. i get a full day and a half on the stock battery. phone and messaging to me is pro on the X do you have the android 2.2 on your droid x?
    It was 2.1 when activated and did the OTA 2.2 upgrade within the first hour of owning it so that should be a clean install - the phone only took one call, no apps or other config done.

I guess messaging as "pro" might be in eye of beholder. Associates with same phone and a Droid 2 love the social network integration but I have a different life. I share the lead systems admin tasks for multiple sites so I have to have one Exchange account and two pop3 accounts that are not even my personal email. I get task and calender requests that come from hundreds of people in a business that never stops. The junk software load doesn't even have tasks and Verizon and Motorola have confirmed the bugs I have with both the ActiveSync client and native mail app. One of our sites has a few hundred smart phone users so we're well be individual and anecdotal evidence but have the reality in our laps that Android phones have had and still have had more problems than any of the Blackberry, Windows, Palm and Apple phones.

The Droid X was advertised in my Verizon business catalog. An Exchange server for organizations with 30 - 400+ employees almost ubiquity. 1 let alone dozens of phones that have been problematic when the competition is not is is 100 for stupid on the 1 - 10 scale. I thought I was being fair to make my own purchase almost a year after the first ones showed up.

All that said, it's great for many other uses. My daughter wants me to keep it, I like FM radio.

Back to topic. I tried a day with none of the social networking and weather updating and on battery saver mode. I went from having 30% left after lunch to just about dinner time.

I think having to pull pop email accounts and the Touchdown sync still burn battery with other settings changed. It also seems like mobile hot spot is an issue where battery does not charge as fast if it's plugged in but it's a nice feature compared to tethering.

I'm not completely down on Android and even if I return it I'll be interested in tablets.

I'll have to consider spare or extended battery if this phone is a keeper and I appreciate the input and insights here.

Thanks.
    09-29-10 09:41 AM
    It was 2.1 when activated and did the OTA 2.2 upgrade within the first hour of owning it so that should be a clean install - the phone only took one call, no apps or other config done.

I guess messaging as "pro" might be in eye of beholder. Associates with same phone and a Droid 2 love the social network integration but I have a different life. I share the lead systems admin tasks for multiple sites so I have to have one Exchange account and two pop3 accounts that are not even my personal email. I get task and calender requests that come from hundreds of people in a business that never stops. The junk software load doesn't even have tasks and Verizon and Motorola have confirmed the bugs I have with both the ActiveSync client and native mail app. One of our sites has a few hundred smart phone users so we're well be individual and anecdotal evidence but have the reality in our laps that Android phones have had and still have had more problems than any of the Blackberry, Windows, Palm and Apple phones.

The Droid X was advertised in my Verizon business catalog. An Exchange server for organizations with 30 - 400+ employees almost ubiquity. 1 let alone dozens of phones that have been problematic when the competition is not is is 100 for stupid on the 1 - 10 scale. I thought I was being fair to make my own purchase almost a year after the first ones showed up.

All that said, it's great for many other uses. My daughter wants me to keep it, I like FM radio.

Back to topic. I tried a day with none of the social networking and weather updating and on battery saver mode. I went from having 30% left after lunch to just about dinner time.

I think having to pull pop email accounts and the Touchdown sync still burn battery with other settings changed. It also seems like mobile hot spot is an issue where battery does not charge as fast if it's plugged in but it's a nice feature compared to tethering.

I'm not completely down on Android and even if I return it I'll be interested in tablets.

I'll have to consider spare or extended battery if this phone is a keeper and I appreciate the input and insights here.

Thanks.
    to be honest im not sure if android is good with exchange yet i would consider the extended battery but most of us that use the droid x are rooted. when we are rooted we use an app called setcpu as stated above and it saves battery even well. give the droid that 30 day period and if you don't like it then i would save the upgrade for one of the newer blackberrys
    09-29-10 09:47 AM
    10-30-10 11:47 AM
    Should've charged it for a few hours as soon as you put it in, THEN let it reach about 10% then charge it up over night to "wake" the battery. I don't suggest draining Li-Ion batteries anyways.

"Waking" the battery is actually calibrating your phone's battery sensor.
    10-31-10 01:15 AM
    I've had the extended batt since last month when this thread was started, but have recently switched back to the stock batt. I am rooted and using an app called "setcpu" that lets me adjust the processor from 1000ghz to 300ghz when I'm not using it and when it's being used it adjusts back to full processor speed. With the stock batt. and heavy usage I'm still at around 50% full by the time I go to bed at 10pm. Wished I hadn't of spent the extra on the extended batt. now that I know how to tweak my DX.
    Not sure why you wouldn't just stay with the extended battery (and your setcpu) and not have to charge for a week.

Different strokes, for different folks I guess..

Personally, I would prefer being able to not hook up to charge for 5 days after moderate usage like I did with my BB's.

BTW: with moderate to heavy usage, I still have 50-60% left with the stock battery.

With the extended, I have about 80% left after a 14hr day.

I don't use setcpu.
    10-31-10 01:51 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD