The pictures I've taken on my Droid X have all been either washed out or blurry. I've tried multiple settings on the camera but can't seem to make a difference. Anyone else having this problem?

Phone is great other than this. Even my ****ty Storm 2 could at least take great pictures. This is pathetic.
    08-07-10 11:02 AM
    mine takes fine pictures, does it take great pictures...no. If I wanted great pictures, I would get a camera that is made for the job. I use my phone's camera for those quick pictures.

But mine do not come out blurry.
    08-07-10 11:12 AM
    If you're that concerned about the picture quality, sounds like you should be using an actual camera... just saying.

Although, it would seem (from your post) that either your camera is defective or your settings are really messed up. How about showing us some samples?

The Droid X camera samples I've seen have been good...
    08-07-10 11:12 AM
    I think the camera is awesome. My X takes great pics. Way better than my Storm. maybe a setting you have ?
    08-07-10 11:17 AM
    Wasn't there already a thread about this? Go to that thread and look at the pictures posted. If you Droid X's doesn't look as good, then your device might be a lemon or you don't know how to take a decent picture.
    08-07-10 12:06 PM
    Wasn't there already a thread about this? Go to that thread and look at the pictures posted. If you Droid X's doesn't look as good, then your device might be a lemon or you don't know how to take a decent picture.
    I don't know how to take a decent picture. Thats the reason for sure! Because there are so many different ways you can take a picture with a cell phone right? *****...
    08-07-10 02:03 PM
    To the OP, I had the same issues. I forget which setting you have to change but it's one on there that takes the picture instantly so it doesn't capture movement. There are some settings on their that delayed it like a half a second which is just enough time for your move and make the pic blurry.

You don't need a camera to take a picture. Some people are just overly sensitive. It's obvious that you're not looking to take professional pictures just normal ones like you can take with every other smartphone. The Incredible takes better pictures IMO and my captivate does as well.
    08-07-10 02:18 PM
    I thought I had a bad camera on my X when I first got it. Then I realized there were smudges on the back on the camera. I wipe it down before I take pictures and haven't had a problem since.
    08-07-10 02:23 PM
    I don't know how to take a decent picture. Thats the reason for sure! Because there are so many different ways you can take a picture with a cell phone right? *****...
    Thanks for the personal attack. There are different ways you can take a picture with a cellphone and that involves using the settings, which you said you have. If you have used the settings properly, than the only other thing is that the device may be faulty. Which I already said in my other post, but I guess you were too busy thinking of how to curse me out than actually reading what I said.
    08-07-10 02:34 PM
    The Storm took very good pics. It has a very good lens. I took a few pics in the store with a DroidX and was not impressed with it especially for a supposed 8mp camera. Was not that impressed with the screen either.
    But I do have one on order.
    08-07-10 02:59 PM
    The pictures I've taken on my Droid X have all been either washed out or blurry. I've tried multiple settings on the camera but can't seem to make a difference. Anyone else having this problem?

Phone is great other than this. Even my ****ty Storm 2 could at least take great pictures. This is pathetic.

+1...i mean I take A LOT of pictures with my 9650 and they come out awesome...ive taken photos with the X even as late as last night with my best friends X and the Red eye is so bad. They come out blurry. Im not bashing the X because it is a nice device after playing with it...but I will say the video on that is WOW....awesome.
    08-07-10 03:03 PM
    I thought I had a bad camera on my X when I first got it. Then I realized there were smudges on the back on the camera. I wipe it down before I take pictures and haven't had a problem since.
    This seems to be common. People don't wipe the lens and then wonder why the pictures look hazy or blurry. Anyway in the right hands, the X takes very good pics as evidenced in these threads:

Post pictures you have taken with your Droid X - Page 15 - Android Forums

http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...roid-x-20.html

As a side note: A worthwhile app to purchase is Vignette. It allows for quicker shots and there seems to be less noise in low light pics. For $3.00, it's worth every penny.
    Last edited by darreno1; 08-07-10 at 03:21 PM.
    08-07-10 03:17 PM
    The Storm took very good pics. It has a very good lens. I took a few pics in the store with a DroidX and was not impressed with it especially for a supposed 8mp camera. Was not that impressed with the screen either.
    But I do have one on order.
    MP does not equal quality. It is all about the lens.
    08-07-10 03:19 PM
    I've seen a few people say this, but mine takes better pics than my s1. the video is awesome.
    08-07-10 04:37 PM
    I've seen a few people say this, but mine takes better pics than my s1. the video is awesome.
    Exactly. I have not taken one bad shot, unless it was my fault. The HD video is awesome though. Looks great on my Bravia.
    08-07-10 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD