Ok, I am extremely impressed right now. I took my DX off the charger yesterday morning at 10am and have not charged it since. After 50 or so texts, 2 emails, an hour of web browsing and 20min worth of phone calls, I am still sitting at 60% battery. This is ridiculous. This type of battery life may make me not care if the device can't be rooted.
    07-18-10 09:04 AM
    Mine switched to 60% at 9 hours & 23 minutes last night. That was from doing a lot of browsing, gaming, texts, a few calls, and just messing around with the phone. I haven't even conditioned the battery yet neither. The battery life is definitely better than my Droid's even when underclocked in SetCPU.

I think this phone can be rooted. We just can't load custom ROMs until a hacker can somehow bypass the bootloader. Doesn't matter to me either way.
    Last edited by dragozoid; 07-18-10 at 09:52 AM.
    07-18-10 09:48 AM
    Yea I haven't conditioned it at all yet either.
    07-18-10 09:53 AM
    came in the house last night and my phone was at 20%, i never let the phone battery die though from when i got it
    07-18-10 09:55 AM
    The only thing I miss about my Moto Droid, Great battery life.

But I guess its a change off with stability with tons of widgets with sense ui.
    07-18-10 10:55 AM
    The only thing I miss about my Moto Droid, Great battery life.

But I guess its a change off with stability with tons of widgets with sense ui.
    At least you have root though.

All joking aside though, the battery life on this thing so far has been killer.
    07-18-10 11:21 AM
    On my 2nd charge, i unplugged it at 8:30am, went to the drag races, took about 20 pictures and about 20 videos, texting the whole time, got home at 1030 and it finally hit 5%. Considering this was the first real charge, Im very impressed
    07-18-10 11:41 AM
    The first day i got it the batt sucked. Turned it off and went to bed. Woke up and charged it for like an hr. I went to a car dealership and did about 2.5 hrs of web... It died. I let it completly die qnd charged it to 100 percent. And it helped so much. I can get a good 7-8hrs of web and video....i think it will keep getting better over the corse of this week. Verry happy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-10 03:09 PM
    I wish, this is the worst battery life ever. In battery saver mode with data timeout after 15 min my phone went from 100 to 70% in 5 hours of not even touching it. Then at 80% left the house, played a game for 2 minutes viewed 2 websites and 30 min of pandora dead 3 hours later.
    07-18-10 05:46 PM
    Listening to pandora or scanner radio a good bitwith bluetooth on, heavy web use, and moderate txting i've been gettin 12-14hrs before 10% warning.
    07-18-10 06:13 PM
    OP, Dude- If you have concerns with battery life.

Here is a bit little trick- change your wall paper. true black doesn’t use power. You create black.png (800x400) and set a straight black wallpaper, it has been reported by doing this you gain 1.5% battery life every 15 minutes of use. If that is true you can save 24% battery in 4 hours of use with a black background. This of course doesn’t affect widgets, movies, web browsing, games, movies, or anything else you use. A little gain in battery life isn’t a bad thingly, right?
    07-18-10 06:54 PM
    Just found out there is a problem with the software, if your phone dies rather fast take out the battery for 30 seconds and reinsert. The battery will jump back up to where is belongs, mine is usually around 50-60%.

Hopefully tomorrows update fixes this, if not I'm headed into vzw store because my buddies does not have this issue.
    07-18-10 07:56 PM
    I had a DI, got the X and the battery is no better. IF tomorrow doesnt fix it, Im out! BAck to the POS Storm because at least I can cut the ties of a charger for at least three hours.
    07-18-10 10:58 PM
    I had a DI, got the X and the battery is no better. IF tomorrow doesnt fix it, Im out! BAck to the POS Storm because at least I can cut the ties of a charger for at least three hours.
    I have a DInc and can easily get 8+ hours of fairly heavy use out of it. In fact just last weekend I went golfing with some friends, I had the phone off the charger at 8am, talked on it in the morning, sent some texts, read some e-mails, and than golfed until 6pm (while using a goilf GPS app). My phone was still not in the red yet. Than I have days where I dont do much and after 5-6 hours its about 50%.
    07-19-10 08:08 AM
    OP, Dude- If you have concerns with battery life.

Here is a bit little trick- change your wall paper. true black doesn�t use power. You create black.png (800x400) and set a straight black wallpaper, it has been reported by doing this you gain 1.5% battery life every 15 minutes of use. If that is true you can save 24% battery in 4 hours of use with a black background. This of course doesn�t affect widgets, movies, web browsing, games, movies, or anything else you use. A little gain in battery life isn�t a bad thingly, right?
    Good tip, but I said I was impressed with the battery and had no problems. Very helpful for those who are having problems though.
    07-19-10 09:53 AM
    Stumbled upon this simple guidelines for prolong battery life, share it here, Simple Guidelines---How to prolong lithium-based batteries? - Android Forums wish help.
    10-19-10 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD