hi all,
    new to the forum.
    Im a storm 1 user. Kinda pleased with the device after the LAST software update..its still quirky though...it was my first bb..

I noticed that the storm 2 is a glorified storm 1 with some added memory and the most significant thing I noticed was the addition of wifi..

I didnt think the touch screen was anyt different after messing with it at the verizon store for about 15 minutes..

im looking at the droid which seems like a pretty solid product, like a powerhouse..
    but so does the imagio and the omnia 2..

i do email, texting, web surfing, and run apps and games through there..I basiclaly use it as a small netbook..

so far the most powerful device to date appears to be the droid..? what sdo you guys think? i know the omnia 2 isnt out but after seeing the suposid specs that looks solid too
    11-04-09 11:50 AM
    IMO android is the future so I would go with that. By this time next year we will have to choose between many sweet android phones.
    11-04-09 11:54 AM
    is the android as powerful as the omnia 2 (when it gets released)?
    im talking about raw hardware..cpu.gpu.. I read that the android has its own 3d processor..is that right?

im not too concerned about the app capabilities as im sure they will catch up..

but then again, referring to cpu, if the cpu is fast and the os is bloatware like windows tends to be, no cpu is enough.....or the cpu can be tied down dealing with poor code ..like win

how does this android compare to the offerings from htc and samsung as far as raw hardware and os??
    11-04-09 12:03 PM
    I am a current Storm 1 guy, but bought the Imagio a few weeks ago. Very pleasing to the eye and in general performance, but the windows mobile made it very easy to get certain programs out of whack. Also, a lot of my friends communicate through Facebook and the fact the Imagio would not push the notifications to the front where I would notice them was frustrated. I turned it back in and will buying the Droid or Eris on Friday morning.
    11-04-09 12:09 PM
    I tried to find it but couldn't I did drop a whole lot of comparisons on these devices.
    Because I was considering the 02. Not trying to flame do a search an you should get a lot of info.
    How about the Omnia2 running android....... Ah ha.
    Storm2 screen blew it for me. I am a screen size junkie.
    11-04-09 12:11 PM
    so the droid is THE way to go? how solid is the google os?
    11-04-09 12:35 PM
    whats the eris and is that on the verizon network?
    11-04-09 12:36 PM
    11-04-09 12:59 PM
    The Eris is the Verizon version of the Hero. IT's biggest thing is that it runs the Sense UI.
    11-04-09 01:00 PM
    so of all the new devices due out, the droid looks to be the one that is more of a portable powerhouse?
    11-04-09 01:09 PM
    so of all the new devices due out, the droid looks to be the one that is more of a portable powerhouse?

The O2 and the new HTC's aren't bad devices, it comes down to what OS u
    want to go with as far as I'm concerned..
    The O2 is nice
    11-04-09 01:35 PM
    which is the o2?
    if you wanted the best right now, would you go android?
    11-04-09 01:53 PM
    which is the o2?
    if you wanted the best right now, would you go android?
    I was in love with the O2 Omnia2, but seeing the android os and seeing the
    phone I am going witht the Droid.
    The Omnia2 is going to have some goodies but I gotta have the moto droid.
    11-04-09 02:00 PM
    Any of the real world videos I see of droid (aka not a demonstration in front of a crowd of people from a podium), the device has lots of bells and whistles, but is LAGGY. My Blackberry Bold is the most reliable smartphone I've ever owned, bar none. Its not without its issues but as a phone (minus AT&T's HORRIBLE 3G coverage these days), its as solid as they come. I don't get the impression that the droidware will be solid out of the gate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 03:32 PM
    Any of the real world videos I see of droid (aka not a demonstration in front of a crowd of people from a podium), the device has lots of bells and whistles, but is LAGGY. My Blackberry Bold is the most reliable smartphone I've ever owned, bar none. Its not without its issues but as a phone (minus AT&T's HORRIBLE 3G coverage these days), its as solid as they come. I don't get the impression that the droidware will be solid out of the gate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    There are some lags here and there and it is with possibly the OS.
    Tweaks will be coming; they are already talking of adding tethering capability.
    Google is hungry I don't think they will play.
    Besides they have a hard on for Apple
    11-04-09 03:37 PM
    Pride of place is the DROID�s display, a 3.7-inch 854 x 480 capacitive touchscreen that�s incredibly bright and crisp. We�re used to AMOLED panels taking the top spots when it comes to display technology, but Motorola�s choice of LCD is particularly impressive. Switching back to an iPhone 3GS really shows the difference in screen resolution; thanks to sheer size and pixel density, it�s possible to read some PDF or Word files full page without any zooming

Amoled is a topnotch screen too. It is what the Samsung Omnia2 uses....

http://gadgets.geekstream.info/2009/...-droid-review/
    11-04-09 03:40 PM
    sense UI can be brought to the droid ... get the droid add send ui and rachal music player .. done ...
    11-04-09 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD