I apologize if this has been asked before but my search returned no results. I'm very interested in the forthcoming Moto Droid. However I live in the chicagoland area and know Verizon will begin rolling out their LTE network in early 2010. This makes me hesitant to get a 3G phone so soon to an LTE rollout. If I get the droid am I going to be kicking myself in a few months when lte android phones come out? Anyone care to shed light on how this rollout may play out? Anyone have any advice? Should I go with the droid or wait for an LTE android device?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 05:10 PM
    From what I understand, LTE phones won't be coming out anytime soon. Most network's LTE implementations will be for aircards, not phones.

10-25-09 05:50 PM
    Not to mention, it will take more then a 1 year for saturation. Would be nice having a LTE phone but you will have to use 3g anyway for other parts of the country considering upgrading is somewhat of a sizable task.

So if you ever leave chiggy, then you won't always have the option. Also doubtful phone companies would be mega early adopters to something that would be used by a small use rbase till it get's more full scale
    10-25-09 06:13 PM
    This is good to hear because I REALLY want the droid and this was the only thing I was hesitant on :-D

10-25-09 06:28 PM
    I'm still waiting to hear more about this Verizon LTE network, i thought early 2010 was the window and its been and gone....
    09-14-10 02:06 PM
    I'm still waiting to hear more about this Verizon LTE network, i thought early 2010 was the window and its been and gone....
    Here is a good thread for you....this will answer all your questions. Long but worth the read. An old network engineer.
    TwinXDad
    I save it......
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/lte-vzw-189077/
    09-14-10 02:24 PM
    Latest word around the forums is that LTE won't even be implimented until Mid November and then with the Air Cards. Here in the boonies we probably won't see any increase in speed till 2012. Looking forward to getting a LTE Andorid phone myself.

George in the boonies, Michigan
    09-14-10 02:26 PM
    09-14-10 02:53 PM
    Got some time when a LTE device does get here, they will be the fastest in the country. I understand your impatients...Verizon's 3G is working good for me, plenty fast. I have no need to switch to another network. Verizon is king, though sprint tugs at me some.
    09-15-10 09:28 AM
    Got some time when a LTE device does get here, they will be the fastest in the country. I understand your impatients...Verizon's 3G is working good for me, plenty fast. I have no need to switch to another network. Verizon is king, though sprint tugs at me some.
    LTE will be faster than HSPA+'s 42Mbps download?
    09-15-10 09:34 AM
    LTE will be faster than HSPA+'s 42Mbps download?
    You know, last time I checked (forgot the source, sorry) it was a few months ago; anyway, the big three were being compared VZW AT&T SPRT. I didn't see any TMO news. Those are good mobile download speeds good for TMO customers.
    09-15-10 10:15 AM
    I was semi-happy with Tmo EDGE, and Vzn 3G is great (and WiFi). I'm 100 miles from Phoenix, so I won't be holding my breath for LTE lol. My Dinc will be in some drawer by the time LTE gets to AZ.
    09-15-10 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD