I'm only half joking, but.....

From some of what I've seen you have to download additional apps just to do basic stuff. There are probably more examples, but from what I've read these are the 2 I have at the moment...

No memo pad included - you have to download some other app such as ak notepad.

Also, need additional app to save email attachments or forward them.

What would I be getting myself into?

Side question - what's a Widget and how does it differ from an app with an icon on my home page?
    11-20-09 05:02 PM
    An app icon on your homepage just sits there unless you tap on it to launch the app. It is no more than a shortcut to the app.

A widget is a mini program that runs on your desktop, like a clock or a weather app. It can also toggle a function when you tap it, like BT, GPS, WiFi, etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 05:06 PM
    is it really
    11-20-09 05:07 PM
    It depends on what you define as basic stuff. The phone is perfectly usable without downloading any apps. However there are plenty of great apps out there to add new features to the phone or improve on things that are already there.

There is no notepad program included. I don't know about the attachment issue, I only use gmail and that has handled attachments just fine so far for me.

A widget is an icon on your home screen that updates itself to display useful data. Such as a weather widget, or agenda, or facebook. It isn't just a static icon that opens a program when selected.
    11-20-09 05:08 PM
    Okay, so the widget is the actual application, not an icon to open an application, did I say that right?
    11-20-09 05:29 PM
    Okay, so the widget is the actual application, not an icon to open an application, did I say that right?
    In a nutshell, yes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 05:32 PM
    I wondered that myself. So a widget on a BB would be BBweather set to update the temps in your cities every hour, or BB messenger set to show you when a message came in with a notifier. Like that only a Droid.
    11-20-09 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD