Okay so my mom is on Verizon and she got the Droid. At first I was skeptical but now that I've played with it, I really like using it!

I want to stay with T-Mobile, I'm not going to switch to Verizon. I wish T-Mobile had the Droid. I did some research and I found that there's a GSM Droid called the "Milestone" but you can only buy it outright for like 600 dollars.

Is there any word if a GSM version of the droid is coming to T-Mobile? Because then it would work on 3G and I could get it at the subsidized price.
    04-10-10 12:09 PM
    T-Mobile does Droids Unsupported Browser they got 4 models.
    04-10-10 07:44 PM
    Okay so my mom is on Verizon and she got the Droid. At first I was skeptical but now that I've played with it, I really like using it!

I want to stay with T-Mobile, I'm not going to switch to Verizon. I wish T-Mobile had the Droid. I did some research and I found that there's a GSM Droid called the "Milestone" but you can only buy it outright for like 600 dollars.

Is there any word if a GSM version of the droid is coming to T-Mobile? Because then it would work on 3G and I could get it at the subsidized price.
    The N1 is like the Droid but without the keyboard. It's $530 but you could sell your 9700 for $350+ and then save up a couple hundred to get it. I think Android is way better than BB and I own both.
    04-10-10 11:23 PM
    I think I prefer the physical keyboard of the Droid. Plus, how come the Droid seems to be doing very well in the reviews but the N1 is kind of flopping?

I'm waiting til I hit one year on my contract. Then t-mobile lets me upgrade at full discount to a new smartphone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-10 07:49 AM
    I think I prefer the physical keyboard of the Droid. Plus, how come the Droid seems to be doing very well in the reviews but the N1 is kind of flopping?

I'm waiting til I hit one year on my contract. Then t-mobile lets me upgrade at full discount to a new smartphone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Verizon has that too. Upgrade at discount price every year as well as NE2 upgrades. Come on over
    04-11-10 09:57 AM
    The reason the Nexus One reviews aren't as good is because of t-Mobiles Network. It's nowhere near as good as Verizons full 4g network.

The Droid and Nexus One both use Android 2.1 OS. They are essentially the same exact thing. They use the same apps. The only difference is google lets different companies make phones with the Android OS. So, basically there are different companies making different designs of the phone.

The nexus one has a faster processor and doesn't have the pull out keyboard and has a more rounded design. If you're on t mobile this is the one to get.

Now, I know you THINK you want the pull out keyboard of the droid. I thought the same thing myself. I thought I'd like a physical keyboard much better than a touch screen keyboard. But the droid physical keyboard sucks. Nobody I know that owns a droid ever uses it. It never gets pulled out on mine. So basically it's just adding weight and thickness for no reason.

The on screen keyboard is MUCH easier to use. It takes a day or two to get used to it but once you do it's a whole whole lot easier. Trust me, you don't need the physical keyboard.

The Droid is NOT ever coming to t mobile. In America the Droid is Verizons flagship phone. They use it to get people to come to Verizon and pay a lot of money to do so.

Verizons network is light years beyond t mobiles and verizon has full 3g service everywhere you go. Even in small rural towns. So I'd switch to Verizon personally but if that's not an option then get the Nexus One. Again it's the same thing.

Think of it like this, there are different brand of computers with Windows 7 right? Some have better specs than others. But they all do the same thing.

That's how it is. There are different brands of phones that have Android OS. The specs are different. Some aren't as good as others. But they are still the same type thing.

The most powerful Android device out right now is the Nexus One. Coming in second is the Motorola Droid. The HTC incredible is coming to Verizon April 29th. It is going to be more powerful than the Nexus One even. So really it's all about which design you like and what specs you like.

Honestly, as far as specs, the faster processor on the nexus one wouldn't even be noticed for me. My droid is very snappy. Everything loads instantly, no matter how much I'm doing at once. It's processor can definitely handle 2.1 os easily with live wallpapers. Some people were saying that when the droid gets 2.1 it won't be as good because it'll slow the droid down. That's not true. It's actually faster than 2.0 was.
    04-11-10 11:54 AM
    Hmm...interesting.

Well I guess I'll wait and see what other Android devices are coming to T-Mobile.

I don't have enough money to pay the ETF and then pay extra for service with VZW. T-Mobile plans are very cheap and reasonable for me, and VZW doesn't allow tethering, which stinks for me.

Thanks for the answers guys.
    04-11-10 09:25 PM
    If you have good t-mobile service in your area get the Nexus One. I've used it and the droid extensively and the N1 is just wayyyy better. Especially once you root and install CM 5.0.5.3 (the latest version, 5.0.6 will be out soon!)
    04-12-10 08:13 PM
    The on-screen keyboard isn't too bad to use?

I got my 9700 back in Feb so I'll wait a while and see what new stuff comes out.
    04-13-10 11:42 AM
    If you have good t-mobile service in your area get the Nexus One. I've used it and the droid extensively and the N1 is just wayyyy better. Especially once you root and install CM 5.0.5.3 (the latest version, 5.0.6 will be out soon!)
    N1 isn't really better. The Droid overclocked to 1.3GHz is faster than the N1 and apps2SD storage is already available so memory isn't an issue. The Droid also offers a physical keyboard (and GPU) so it's just as good, if not better than the N1.
    04-13-10 02:06 PM
    The Nexus One looks amazing!
    04-13-10 09:32 PM
    You should definitely check the frequencies of the GSM radio bands the Milestone operates on, they might not be the same as TMobile's frequencies.
    04-13-10 11:48 PM
    does the droid screen keyboard have haptic feedback?
    04-14-10 09:27 PM
    does the droid screen keyboard have haptic feedback?
    yes. you can turn it on and off.
    04-14-10 10:44 PM
    again though, the droid physical keyboard sucks and most droid users consider it unusable. 97% of people use their on screen keyboard. IT's faster and better. Might take a few days to get used to be it's better. The pull out keyboard sucks horrible and just adds weight and space to the phone. It does not need to be there. I wouldn't base any decision on the fact that it has that physical keyboard. Because it's not like what you're thinking.

You aren't going to use it because you're used to a blackberry and you think you'd be better off with a real keyboard. I thought the same thing.
    04-19-10 09:26 PM
    again though, the droid physical keyboard sucks and most droid users consider it unusable. 97% of people use their on screen keyboard. IT's faster and better. Might take a few days to get used to be it's better. The pull out keyboard sucks horrible and just adds weight and space to the phone. It does not need to be there. I wouldn't base any decision on the fact that it has that physical keyboard. Because it's not like what you're thinking.

You aren't going to use it because you're used to a blackberry and you think you'd be better off with a real keyboard. I thought the same thing.
    Nope.

I used a BB Curve and went to the Droid a few months ago and I like the Droid's keyboard. In fact, I can type just as fast on it as on my Curve. And the browser, OS, UI, apps, and everything else blow away BlackBerry.

The only good BlackBerry out there right now is the 9700 so keep it if you can't get an Android phone artemis.
    04-20-10 06:23 AM
    If Tmobile ever get the N1 in stores or a Droid type phone I may switch over!
    04-20-10 07:03 AM
    If Tmobile ever get the N1 in stores or a Droid type phone I may switch over!
    They'll probably get the HTC Desire later this year.
    04-20-10 07:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD