Verizon is currently taking orders on the HTC Incredible, but they aren't expected until about the middle of June. Is the Droid Shadow due out closer to June or more like July?

It appears both of these are going to stir alot of business for Verizon and I am curious how they compare. I realize the Droid Shadow will be a larger phone, but besides that are there are noticeable differences worth going with one over the other?
    05-26-10 06:55 AM
    Subscribing. The Shadow is on my radar.
    05-26-10 10:05 AM
    They are both awesome phones. It is about time Motorola came out with a good phone. Last phone that I thought was good was the StarTac.
    05-26-10 10:09 AM
    So how will the two compare?

They are both awesome phones. It is about time Motorola came out with a good phone. Last phone that I thought was good was the StarTac.
    05-26-10 10:45 AM
    If I had a choice, I'd take the Shadow without even thinking. With the exception of MotoBlur (which can be disabled), the Shadow looks superior in every way.

It's amazing how fast these phones are releasing. The Incredible was the latest and greatest for only about a month now and the Shadow is already on its way to dethrone it.
    05-26-10 01:38 PM
    Isn't the UI though better on the Incredible?

If I had a choice, I'd take the Shadow without even thinking. With the exception of MotoBlur (which can be disabled), the Shadow looks superior in every way.

It's amazing how fast these phones are releasing. The Incredible was the latest and greatest for only about a month now and the Shadow is already on its way to dethrone it.
    05-26-10 01:40 PM

lol, I would too, even though sense UI is neat.
    Last edited by johnly; 05-26-10 at 01:50 PM.
    05-26-10 01:41 PM
    Isn't the UI though better on the Incredible?
    We can't really say since the Shadow isn't out yet. We haven't seen MotoBlur on a 2.0+ high end Android phone. Besides, it can be turned off and the phone would run on stock Android.
    05-26-10 01:43 PM
    the shadow doesn't have confirmed specs or a release date. lots of people will probably hold out for the droid2 or droid pro.
    05-26-10 01:48 PM
    the shadow doesn't have confirmed specs or a release date. lots of people will probably hold out for the droid2 or droid pro.
    Nothing confirmed. When I research droid 2 and droid pro, I keep getting shadow results? Do you have some inside information about a Motorola device beyond the shadow
    05-26-10 02:01 PM
    Insiders on HoFo indicate the Shadow release date has been pushed back to end of August. Original release date was early July, but they are supposedly making a hardware change, which hasn't been specified.

This is the latest Shadow pic to be posted:

The Shadow doesn't have a heavy feel for it's size, not as heavy as Droid. It has a 4.1" screen, OMAP 3630, 8 GB Internal, 8 GB MMC, 8MP camera and HDMI out.

"Taken secretly at a gym a few days ago."
    05-26-10 02:37 PM
    Nothing confirmed. When I research droid 2 and droid pro, I keep getting shadow results? Do you have some inside information about a Motorola device beyond the shadow
    nothing more than what i glean off the other android forums and the insiders over at hofo.

droid2 and droidpro might actually be the same phone. either way they are definitely different phones from the shadow since a physical keyboard (improved) is expected and the shadow doesn't have a physical keyboard.
    05-26-10 02:47 PM
    nothing more than what i glean off the other android forums and the insiders over at hofo.

droid2 and droidpro might actually be the same phone. either way they are definitely different phones from the shadow since a physical keyboard (improved) is expected and the shadow doesn't have a physical keyboard.
    OK, that explains it. Interesting.......very interesting
    05-26-10 02:52 PM
    Both look cool but that one pic I saw of the Shadow in the guys hands made it look too big. Based on form factor I would go Incredible.
    05-26-10 03:34 PM
    Both look cool but that one pic I saw of the Shadow in the guys hands made it look too big. Based on form factor I would go Incredible.
    lol, take a look at the two.....the incredible has a ton more phone around the screen.....look how nicely the shadow fills the real estate, avoiding the large head, and chin frame of the Inc. My money is on the shadow being the form factor winner. In addition .4 inches diagonally more on the Moto screen is nice, because it doesn't have the bulky head/chin that the Inc has.
    05-26-10 04:00 PM
    I am perfectly happy with my Incredible, but to each his/her own.

I agree with several posters here, that you will always be "chasing" the best and greatest. The HTC Incredible serves my needs and exceeds in most cases. So I'm keeping it. In a year, I'll look to see what else is out there.
    05-26-10 04:12 PM
    The Inc is a stellar phone, but I can't sit by and see people say the shadow is a brick, lol. Perspective is all I am trying to establish, and the shadow is no brick, that is for sure.
    05-26-10 04:15 PM
    I am perfectly happy with my Incredible, but to each his/her own.

I agree with several posters here, that you will always be "chasing" the best and greatest. The HTC Incredible serves my needs and exceeds in most cases. So I'm keeping it. In a year, I'll look to see what else is out there.
    That's how I am with my Droid. Had it for four months so far and don't plan on switching to another phone at least until my annual upgrade. Chasing the latest and greatest = stupid
    The Inc is a stellar phone, but I can't sit by and see people say the shadow is a brick, lol. Perspective is all I am trying to establish, and the shadow is no brick, that is for sure.
    The Shadow isn't a brick. People also said the Droid was a brick just because of its weight and look. I haven't seen anyone complain about the Incredible but that's probably because it copied the iPhone's look.
    05-26-10 04:29 PM
    That's how I am with my Droid. Had it for four months so far and don't plan on switching to another phone at least until my annual upgrade. Chasing the latest and greatest = stupid

The Shadow isn't a brick. People also said the Droid was a brick just because of its weight and look. I haven't seen anyone complain about the Incredible but that's probably because it copied the iPhone's look.
    The droid does have some heft, but that is due to quality materials, and yes, people did call it a brick too, but I always thought my storm was the ultimate brick, lol. I am keeping my droid for months to come, even though the keyboard does add some heft, it is fine with me
    05-26-10 04:38 PM
    I don't want a weaker processor so i won't be going anywhere. And no, I don't care about overclocking, with that screen, the battery life will be bad enough.
    05-26-10 05:25 PM
    I don't want a weaker processor so i won't be going anywhere. And no, I don't care about overclocking, with that screen, the battery life will be bad enough.
    Weaker processor? Which phone are you talking about?

With the Shadow rocking the 3630 and with it being a 45nm, it'll help with the batter life and you wont even need to overclock it.
    05-27-10 02:39 AM
    Weaker processor? Which phone are you talking about?

With the Shadow rocking the 3630 and with it being a 45nm, it'll help with the batter life and you wont even need to overclock it.
    Well...i don't think the smaller process size will make that much of a difference in battery life (at least not enough for it to be noticeable). They already sip juice as is. I think the biggest benefit will be for producers by packing more chips in a wafer and less heat in the phone itself. But it is a welcome addition though.
    05-27-10 03:29 AM
    lol, take a look at the two.....the incredible has a ton more phone around the screen.....look how nicely the shadow fills the real estate, avoiding the large head, and chin frame of the Inc. My money is on the shadow being the form factor winner. In addition .4 inches diagonally more on the Moto screen is nice, because it doesn't have the bulky head/chin that the Inc has.
    In that one pic of the Shadow in the guy's hand, it looked huge. Now maybe that dude just has small hands. We will have to wait and see until they are next to each other however if it's much bigger I would definitely go Incredible. I will give up some screen size for the convenience of it fitting better in my pocket.
    05-27-10 06:05 AM
    Insiders on HoFo indicate the Shadow release date has been pushed back to end of August. Original release date was early July, but they are supposedly making a hardware change, which hasn't been specified.

This is the latest Shadow pic to be posted:
    I may jump right on it since my NE 2 will be due when it hits. Also I have two more upgrades to use at the end of the year. Shweet...
    Also for those who don't want the larger phone the Inc still rocks.
    Being able to turn off moto blur is cool.
    05-27-10 10:56 AM
    Thats why I like dating chicks with small hands....
    I couldn't resist.....
    Yeah I'm cracking myself up over here.
    05-27-10 11:01 AM
78 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD