Haven't seen a post on here yet but was wondering if anyone is running the 2.1 software on there Droid yet. I have seen a couple videos and it looks significantly faster as well as some cool screen graphics. Wonder if the Nexus will launch with 2.1 or a higher build?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-09 10:20 AM
    i was running it but i dropped back to 2.01. i had a few issues with it from the keyboard backlight which has been fixed now. i also had some issues with the screen being un-responsive at times or the phone would lag. i would also get the occasional random reboot.

it looked nice and ran quite fast most of the time but it just the small things bothered me too much so i restored my device to its previous glory.

the official comes out in less then a month i think i can wait. heres what my screen looked like on it.

12-30-09 10:47 AM
    Same here tried out and went back. Too unstable even on version 4.
    12-30-09 12:56 PM

i was using v2 and was contemplating v4 but it seems as though the issues still exist. im fine with waiting until the official is pushed out.

if you want to install the 2.1 gallery and clock onto 2.01 you can do that, heres the link on it.

AllDroid.org - View topic - DeskClock from 2.1 ported to 2.0.1 - Weather now working

Gallery from 2.1 image working on 2.0.1 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
    Last edited by zyiro; 12-30-09 at 01:36 PM.
    12-30-09 01:33 PM
    the official comes out in less then a month i think i can wait.
    I have been searching for any link or conformation that the new firmware comes out in January, but come up with nothing. Does any one really know, or are we all going on our gut instinct? Any links guys?
    12-30-09 03:34 PM
    Sorry to here you had problems.
    12-30-09 03:47 PM
    I was getting a delay with gtalk and sesmic. When I would open the app drawer the icon names would not align in portrait mode. Screen transitions appeared slow. When I would place my phone in the dock, it would take a few seconds to adjust. Its a nice os, I just needed a more stable phone. I am back to 2.0.1 with the gallery, clock and widget from 2.1. Only thing missing is the live wallpapers. Yet it seems that is the
    most unstable part of the OS. With home++, I get the same amount of screens and screen changer. I'm happy I tried it though.
    12-30-09 03:57 PM
    The keyboard backlight is the deal breaker for me.
    12-30-09 05:11 PM
    i was running it but i dropped back to 2.01. i had a few issues with it from the keyboard backlight which has been fixed now. i also had some issues with the screen being un-responsive at times or the phone would lag. i would also get the occasional random reboot.

it looked nice and ran quite fast most of the time but it just the small things bothered me too much so i restored my device to its previous glory.

the official comes out in less then a month i think i can wait. heres what my screen looked like on it.

Hello I was wondering if I could get those webpage widgets on my eris ? Gizmodo one on the far right. Thx
    12-30-09 05:25 PM
    Hello I was wondering if I could get those webpage widgets on my eris ? Gizmodo one on the far right. Thx

its actually a rss reader called widgetboard... its free in the market

it has a lot of pre configured rss feeds like the ones i had on there but you can add any rss feed as long as you have the address.

heres the androlib link for it RSS WidgetBoards v2.1 Application for Android | News & Weather
    12-30-09 06:21 PM
    its actually a rss reader called widgetboard... its free in the market

it has a lot of pre configured rss feeds like the ones i had on there but you can add any rss feed as long as you have the address.

heres the androlib link for it RSS WidgetBoards v2.1 Application for Android | News & Weather
    Try this new app called NewsRoom.

NewsRoom RSS - Trial v1.6.2 Application for Android | News & Weather

It has to be the greatest RSS Feeder. Impressive UI. Downloads full text articles so you can view in bad service areas. and it gives you tons and tons of feed options. I have 32 Feeds right now. And it doesn't eat the battery.

Has a widget but its kinda useless. But the app in itself is worth it.
    Last edited by x1208x; 12-31-09 at 12:57 PM.
    12-31-09 12:54 PM
    Try this new app called NewsRoom.

NewsRoom RSS - Trial v1.6.2 Application for Android | News & Weather

It has to be the greatest RSS Feeder. Impressive UI. Downloads full text articles so you can view in bad service areas. and it gives you tons and tons of feed options. I have 32 Feeds right now. And it doesn't eat the battery.

Has a widget but its kinda useless. But the app in itself is worth it.

i tried this one... its nice and all but i liked widgetboard better because you can set the colors to match the rest of your phones theme/wallpaper

you can also set the size of the widges from even smaller then what i had to a full page.
    Last edited by zyiro; 12-31-09 at 02:44 PM.
    12-31-09 02:41 PM
    Good to see they've figured out they need more homescreens on 2.1 I'm very curious as to what else it will bring -- although not really expecting it to release at the same time as the scheduled January 22 updates.
    01-01-10 09:55 AM
    I have been searching for any link or conformation that the new firmware comes out in January, but come up with nothing. Does any one really know, or are we all going on our gut instinct? Any links guys?
    You can read this 5-page report from Verizon that leaked to BGR, but pay special attention to the 3rd page, 2nd category down - Category: Applications. The date filled in within the "Planned Resolution" field is January 22, 2010.

Motorola DROID and HTC DROID Eris OTA updates rumored to hit December 11? � Boy Genius Report
    01-01-10 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD