I might ditch my 8530 but need to know some pros and cons of these 2 phones which are my only choices from my carrier. Thanks.

Motorola Milestone A854

or

HTC Desire 6275
    09-16-10 04:41 PM
    Compare HTC Desire and Motorola A845 Mobile Phones/Smartphones / Comparisons / MobilesCat.com

Here you go.

By the looks of it, htc desire. But it depends on carrier and budget
    09-16-10 04:45 PM
    wrong motorola.. heres the specs for the right one

Specifications
    Size 4.55" x 2.35"x 0.55"
    Weight 5.99 oz.
    Usage Time Up to 6.4 hours
    Standby Up to 11 days
    Technology 3G (1xRTT/EvDO)
    Frequency 800/1900 Mhz
    HAC M3/T3
    Display 3.7 in. (480x854 pixels)
    Battery 1400 mAh

Additional
    Camera 5 MP with Flash, 4x digital zoom; Image stabilization, real-time color effects, scene modes, location tagging
    Music AAC, H.263, H.264, MP3, MPEG-4, WAV, WMA, eAAC+, OGG, AMR WB, AMR NB, AAC+, MIDI
    QWERTY Keyboard Full QWERTY keyboard
    Bluetooth Stereo Bluetooth� technology v2.1 + EDR (profiles supported: HFP, HSP, A2DP, AVRCP, PBAP, and OPP for video/still images)
    Web Browser
    Operating System Android 2.1 (not upgradeable to future versions)
    09-16-10 04:47 PM
    What about the possibility of a carrier change? There are a lot of other phones out there.
    09-16-10 07:03 PM
    My vote is for the Motorola. They make quality equipments. Just my 2 cents

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-10 07:13 PM
    What about the possibility of a carrier change? There are a lot of other phones out there.
    In order to keep costs down, not an option.

I'm still not convinced getting rid of my BB however.
    09-16-10 07:13 PM
    HTC Desire would be my choice.
    09-16-10 08:27 PM
    By far the desire
    09-17-10 01:42 AM
    wrong motorola.. heres the specs for the right one

Specifications
    Size 4.55" x 2.35"x 0.55"
    Weight 5.99 oz.
    Usage Time Up to 6.4 hours
    Standby Up to 11 days
    Technology 3G (1xRTT/EvDO)
    Frequency 800/1900 Mhz
    HAC M3/T3
    Display 3.7 in. (480x854 pixels)
    Battery 1400 mAh

Additional
    Camera 5 MP with Flash, 4x digital zoom; Image stabilization, real-time color effects, scene modes, location tagging
    Music AAC, H.263, H.264, MP3, MPEG-4, WAV, WMA, eAAC+, OGG, AMR WB, AMR NB, AAC+, MIDI
    QWERTY Keyboard Full QWERTY keyboard
    Bluetooth Stereo Bluetooth� technology v2.1 + EDR (profiles supported: HFP, HSP, A2DP, AVRCP, PBAP, and OPP for video/still images)
    Web Browser
    Operating System Android 2.1 (not upgradeable to future versions)
    Wherever you got this, it's wrong. It's an HSDPA GSM phone, running on 850/900/1900/2100 MHz, the battery is 1390 mAh, and 2.2 is coming Q1 2011 in Canada, and sometime late 2010 for Europe and Asia.

Use this and select the Milestone / Desire.

Because you're trying to pick between the Milestone and the HTC Desire, this tells me clearly on Telus, since they're the only carrier that a) carries both and b) still sells both.

I got the Milestone 2 weeks before the Desire came out. Returned it to try the Desire..found myself getting my Milestone back.

The hardware keyboard comes in handy, Vanilla 2.1 > Sense 2.1, HTC sucks, but I wanted to give them a shot. <-- all my opinions. I don't want to get "HTC is awesome, how could you say that?" I honestly couldn't care less.

Spec-wise, the Desire wins. Faster processor, more app memory, etc. However, it's not such a massive difference that you're going to consider it lightyears ahead of the Milestone.

It really depends on what you want. All touch v physical keyboard, Sense v Stock, Moto v HTC, locked bootloader flash ROMs v open ROM selection.

It honestly doesn't really matter, they're both good devices. Nowadays, these are both pretty mid-level Android devices, but it's the best we've got available.

I personally suggest the Motorola after using both for a couple weeks each, but you know better than me what you want in a phone.
    Last edited by GlitchZero; 09-17-10 at 04:08 AM.
    09-17-10 04:02 AM
    I've used both and I have the Desire, I don't like Motorola anymore due to their decisions with non American consumers and that the Desire has a huge supported community behind it with custom ROMs and whatnot. Desire will get you a long ways while the Milestone is already dated with the Milestone 2 arriving within the next couple months (Milestone 2 will have Motoblur, YUCK). After 15 some years of owing Motorola devices and currently own the Charm and Quench, I am against them now.

Desire it is. If you're not in the US and you buy a Motorola device, you're just going to be scoffed at by their support- just a forewarning.
    Last edited by sookster54; 09-17-10 at 08:41 AM.
    09-17-10 08:37 AM
    I'm just not sure I can live without a keyboard. Plus since I like to take pictures a fair bit, the side instant camera button on the Motorola is nice to have.

Being unable to root and modifiy the Moto does annoy me however.
    09-17-10 08:55 AM
    I'm just not sure I can live without a keyboard. Plus since I like to take pictures a fair bit, the side instant camera button on the Motorola is nice to have.

Being unable to root and modifiy the Moto does annoy me however.
    Where are you located? There's the Desire Z coming out in Europe and Asia, doubtful in Canada to the looks of it so far. It's like the HTC G2, nice big 3.7" screen and a keyboard. I like physical keyboards as well, I'm thinking about the LG Shine Plus which is the Canadian version of the LG Ally.
    09-17-10 10:51 AM
    I use www. Cellcom. Com.
    They are behind the times that's for sure. Shouldn't the Milestone be near free with 2 year contract? They want $200 for either one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-10 06:24 PM
    Way to read my post;

The Milestone has only been out for like what, 6-7 months now? Why would it be near free? The 9700 has been out longer, it's not free on a 3 year, let alone a 2-year. I don't know where you're getting this crazy idea that the Milestone is behind the times - it's really not a very old phone at all.

However, it's the best we have available here. (It would be really nice if you just told us where you're from, so I can stop looking like an ***** if you're not Canadian.) This is why the Motorola Milestone costs more than the HTC Desire still, and it is considered one of their top-of-the-line devices.

The Motorola Milestone can be rooted. It can be modified. It just cannot run full fledged kernel modifications like the Droid can. It can run Nandroid flashes, which can modify everything except the base 2.1 kernel.
    09-18-10 01:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD