Does the Droid have messenger on it like the blackberry? I am thinking of looking into it. My curve is frustrating at times.
    11-09-09 12:36 PM
    Does the Droid have messenger on it like the blackberry? I am thinking of looking into it. My curve is frustrating at times.
    it does offer Y!, AIM, GTalk but nothing like BBM or a program to port a PIN to contact former BBM contacts.
    11-09-09 12:49 PM
    Thanks, Guess I won't be getting one then.
    11-09-09 12:52 PM
    sms and google talk work fine
    11-09-09 01:30 PM
    Just upgrade from an 83xx
    11-09-09 01:32 PM
    get the meebo app, you can login to almost all messengers (aol, msn, yahoo, etc) in one client (like beejive) but it's free.
    11-09-09 01:39 PM
    Google talk works great IMO. That's what I use now...comes on all BBs too and most people have a Google account now-a-days.
    11-09-09 02:13 PM
    My wife and I used to strictly talk on BBM. When I got the Droid, we started using the Google Talk, works just as good. Just can't send files through it..
    11-09-09 02:40 PM
    Thats what keeps me from using the Droid. I have 30 or so BBM contacts that would wonder where the heck i went if i stopped using it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 04:59 PM
    Thats what keeps me from using the Droid. I have 30 or so BBM contacts that would wonder where the heck i went if i stopped using it.

I guess telling them would be out of the questions?
    11-09-09 06:43 PM
    I guess telling them would be out of the questions?
    Too much work. Staying with BB is easier.
    11-09-09 06:49 PM
    Too much work. Staying with BB is easier.
    Yeah, I know how difficult that broadcast bbm can be.
    11-09-09 06:52 PM
    Before I switched phones, I put on my BBM status - "BBM no longer - Text's only guys, Sorry!"

They all have since texted something to the tune of - "What happened to your Blackberry?!" lol
    11-09-09 06:54 PM
    I dont get it. I imagine most BB users have unlimited text messaging...whats the issue...
    11-09-09 08:44 PM
    I just started switching all the people I bbm over to using google talk. As far as I can tell google talk does everything bbm did for me including transferring files. Only thing it doesn't seem to do is tell you if the message is delivered/read.

11-09-09 08:46 PM
    Wow. No BBM for 30 messages is a deal breaker? ****, prep them by d/l'ing Google Talk, telling them to all get it, and start talking to them via that. Send a Broadcast every few days that those who aren't on Google Talk by such-and-such are going to lose out on talking to you come that date, as you're getting a different phone that better suits your needs.

Or, you can just keep making excuses
    11-09-09 08:50 PM
    I dont get it. I imagine most BB users have unlimited text messaging...whats the issue...
    That's the one thing that BB users can claim superiority with. "I would leave, but no other phone has bbm." Please!
    11-09-09 08:51 PM
    Not sure why anyone would expect the Droid to have anything other than google talk as a messenger client. It would undermine their own software to create something different. Easy thing is, that everyone who buys a phone with Droid OS has to setup a google account in which they can log into google talk. Not different that people who buy an iphone need to get an itunes account. Then you can talk to people with google talk. That's actually better because it doesn't limit it's use to people with just a google phone. They can also have any other device that supports IM clients and talk on the computer as well. Wouldn't be as limited as BBM. Never was a big deal for me, I have contacts that talk on BBM, YIM, AIM, google talk, SMS. It's not like everyone I know has a blackberry. And if they did, they had unlimited SMS or are also using another chat. Definitely not going to let other friends dictate the device I use. Because when they switch to someone else, you feel dumb that you held on just for BBM. Pretty soon people on BBM aren't going to have many people to talk to anyway lol.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 11-09-09 at 09:18 PM.
    11-09-09 09:15 PM

Right cause text messaging is SO yesterday...
    There's PLENTY of other ways...
    I made the switch to Droid from my Storm, and never looking back.
    11-10-09 01:28 AM
    I'm a huge gtalk user on my PC and berry, so it being integrated into android is going to be nice when my phone arrives Wednesday.
    11-10-09 01:44 AM
    Yeah, the only thing I miss about BBM is the read/delivered notification. Otherwise Google Talk works just as well!
    11-10-09 06:14 AM
    I have 30 or so BBM contacts that would wonder where the heck i went if i stopped using it.
    I think I had about 12-15, they'll get over it.
    11-10-09 09:23 AM
    People I know don't want to be bothered making a google account. Bbm is much better than simple texting.

11-10-09 09:28 AM
    Is there an AIM app for the Droid?
    11-10-09 09:30 AM
    There are quite a few AIM apps.
    11-10-09 09:33 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD