From HoFo:

Android 3.0/Gingerbread imposes minimum hardware reqs

If these reports are correct, the Motorola Droid doesn't meet the 512MB ram requirement.
    06-30-10 01:50 PM
    Oh well. I hope to have a new device by that point anyways. I still wouldn't doubt it gets ported over some how. Especially with a built in OC kernel at least to have the processor up to requirements.
    06-30-10 01:55 PM
    Im not a fan of having so many different os's out. I'm not sure how it works with android (my first will be drpid x) but don't they run into issues with apps only working for certain builds?

This is the one thing I like about apple, it's simply simple.
    06-30-10 01:56 PM
    To be honest I really don't see it being that a big of deal. I have a hard time wondering how they could make droid better. I love the way it is now! hahahahah. But I will say this, I wish they would just come up with away to do all this from from the SD Card and give the small memory preloaded to be dedicated to the OS. This probably wouldn't even been an issue then unless they make the OS more CPU demanding or the GPU etc.
    06-30-10 02:02 PM
    i knew it lol
    06-30-10 02:02 PM
    Im not a fan of having so many different os's out. I'm not sure how it works with android (my first will be drpid x) but don't they run into issues with apps only working for certain builds?

This is the one thing I like about apple, it's simply simple.
    What are you talking about? The newest Apple iPhone OS will not run on the original iPhone...
    06-30-10 02:06 PM
    I'm with JMB, I sort of feel like I'm still on a blackberry again, waiting on the next OS update...."well, this will be fixed with the next update!!!!"

One of the [many] reasons I went with android in the first place was a stable, consistent OS.
    06-30-10 03:03 PM
    I'm with JMB, I sort of feel like I'm still on a blackberry again, waiting on the next OS update...."well, this will be fixed with the next update!!!!"

One of the [many] reasons I went with android in the first place was a stable, consistent OS.
    Except with RIM, you actually get the same old OS over, and over, and over.
    06-30-10 03:21 PM
    true. I'm not complaining. I guess thats the way of technology, always a new OS, new device, new network, etc...Its a lot easier for me to be happy with what I have when its an android phone
    06-30-10 03:40 PM
    What are you talking about? The newest Apple iPhone OS will not run on the original iPhone...
    Your kidding right? The iphone 4 is a totally different generation years later, and it will have only 1 os for all of them. I'm talking about OS 4.xxx.x then 4.xxx.xx and so on within months with BB and now it seems android.
    06-30-10 04:35 PM
    That's a bummer but I'm pretty satisfied with what 2.2 brought to the table.
    Last edited by dwe28; 07-05-10 at 09:30 AM.
    06-30-10 04:45 PM

I have never really seen an issue to "fix" with android. things have improved with each OS update for sure, but I have never had a problem with any of them that wasn't caused by the fact I am rooted.
    06-30-10 08:46 PM
    Fixed? Things are being added. Bring on the updates. I would update every day if they added more features (I already update all the time because I'm rooted for more features!).
    07-01-10 01:07 AM
    The more I look back on it, the more I wished that I had gotten the Droid over the iPhone 3GS. The Droid turned out to be an amazing device. I think that with the 2,2 update it will reach its peak. I don't see the need to go any further with that device seeing as though the Droid 2 will he coming out soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-10 01:05 PM
    The more I look back on it, the more I wished that I had gotten the Droid over the iPhone 3GS. The Droid turned out to be an amazing device. I think that with the 2,2 update it will reach its peak. I don't see the need to go any further with that device seeing as though the Droid 2 will he coming out soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    What happened to being happy with your Nokia feature phone?
    07-01-10 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD