Anyone know the overall estimate of first day invenotory levels?

I've been reading some of the posts from VZW employees that most of the stores will be receiving 200-300 units per store. Can anyone comfirm this?

Also seems like BBuy is a crap shoot in terms of how many droids they are getting.

Any info appreciated.
    11-04-09 11:27 AM
    I've seen numerous people on here say their store has over 100 phones. I doubt they will be selling out.
    11-04-09 12:48 PM
    The shop I stopped in told me over 100.
    11-04-09 12:55 PM
    Looks like I dont have to camp out to early.
    11-04-09 01:10 PM
    I'm going early..........
    11-04-09 01:14 PM
    My store said they have 100 also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 01:21 PM
    My store, which is the largest in the area, has 50 Droids and 25 HTCs. They do get another shipment on Friday though, and are expecting to receive approximately the same number of devices in that shipment.
    11-04-09 01:23 PM
    I went to the VZW store at lunch to pick up some accessories for my Driod so I wouldn't have to fight the crowds on Friday. I have a deposit down on a Driod at Best Buy. There was an employee on break outside and I asked him about accessories and he said they had some in stock. When I went in the greeter told me they didn't have any and got a little pissy with me. Pissed me off! If there was another carrier with equal cell coverage, I would be done with VZW.

The other thing the guy said was they had 200 Driods and 100 HTC's. As of today, Best Buy had ZERO but were expecting them to arrive on their Thursday truck.

Might just go to Verizon and if the crowd isn't too big I will just buy it there and I will give the $50 gift card to someone for Christmas!
    11-04-09 01:46 PM
    BB's in Los Angeles area seems to be only getting 20 max. As fas as VZW's stores they all claim they don't know.

In other words they want huge lines. Frakking Hollywood for you.

Just got done pre-ordering mine and checked out the dummy unit. They didn't attach it yet. Tell you what the phone looks awesome in person and feels spectacular in hand. Its quite slim and the slide-out keyboard feels excellent when pulled out.

I think it will be very easy to adjust to.

Once the demo units go live there will be even more converts. The phone just feels solid as hel1 and so well built. Maybe its because I'm so used to plastic and cheap materials but this thing feels like a handgun and looks bad a$$

This phone will be rockin folks.

11-04-09 02:01 PM
    BB's in Los Angeles area seems to be only getting 20 max. As fas as VZW's stores they all claim they don't know.

In other words they want huge lines. Frakking Hollywood for you.

Just got done pre-ordering mine and checked out the dummy unit. They didn't attach it yet. Tell you what the phone looks awesome in person and feels spectacular in hand. Its quite slim and the slide-out keyboard feels excellent when pulled out.

I think it will be very easy to adjust to.

Once the demo units go live there will be even more converts. The phone just feels solid as hel1 and so well built. Maybe its because I'm so used to plastic and cheap materials but this thing feels like a handgun and looks bad a$$

This phone will be rockin folks.

Cool.........
    11-04-09 02:04 PM
    I just stopped by the Best Buy where I have my phone on pre-order, and he said they should be getting 45 phones in, but they won't arrive until Thursday night or Friday morning. I thought I was the first to pre-order, and he just confirmed it. He said they have 15 pre-orders so far, and aren't taking anymore because they may get as few as 10 phones for Friday, with the other 35 coming later that day or Saturday.

I then went to the VZW store right accross the street from my office, and they said they don't have any either. He said they should get plenty, but they wouldn't be receiving them until Thursday night. Sounds to me like time to hi-jack a UPS truck :-) !

He then said they have all the accessories in back, but he wouldn't even let me look at them, much less buy them. He said they have plenty of accessories, and if I come over on Friday afternoon I should be able to get pretty much whatever I want.

The guys at the VZW store are such tools. I can't stand them. I would tell you the story of what I saw happen to a customer inquiring about the Droid while I was there, but it will just **** me off even more. Geez those guys are idi0ts.
    11-04-09 02:10 PM
    our store has about
    200 droids
    125 droid eris
    i know my store got 180 Motorola DROIDS, didnt check the HTC amount though
    I would tell you the story of what I saw happen to a customer inquiring about the Droid while I was there, but it will just **** me off even more. Geez those guys are idi0ts.
    ahh see you can't do that to us...what happened?
    11-04-09 02:22 PM
    The guys at the VZW store are such tools. I can't stand them. I would tell you the story of what I saw happen to a customer inquiring about the Droid while I was there, but it will just **** me off even more. Geez those guys are idi0ts.
    Yeah tell us. That customer should call and complain
    11-04-09 02:26 PM
    Wow the people at my Verizon store are usually pretty good. When I got the Storm a couple of months ago the girl went out of her way to help me as was the guy that programmed it for me.
    11-04-09 02:55 PM
    anyone remember the launch of the storm last year? wasnt the avg units about 40-50 per store. Seems like the units are beefed for the Droid launch.
    11-04-09 02:57 PM
    My store has 300 Droids and 100 Eris's

11-04-09 03:53 PM
    just stopped at my local store, said they got 250 droids, but only 6 car kits and multimedia docs
    11-04-09 04:39 PM
    Bros store has 140 or so. I think thats what i remember hearing
    11-04-09 04:43 PM
    seeing as the stores have so many im guessing there wont be any backorders to online ordering friday after midnight
    11-04-09 04:50 PM
    They are doing a midnight release for new customers. Fyi. Then they are opening at 6:30am for everyone else.
    11-04-09 04:52 PM
    My Verizon store has 200 Droids, but no accessories in stock. They said they could special order the accessories at 25% off for me.
    11-04-09 05:17 PM
    Local store here in Dodge City has 130 Droid units and a "good supply of accessories", according to rep I asked a little while ago.

Something she told me that was surprising to me...that each "customer or sale" took one hr. each. Based on that, she said there weren't enough hours in the days open to sell out of them before Monday.
    11-04-09 05:29 PM
    Local store here in Dodge City has 130 Droid units and a "good supply of accessories", according to rep I asked a little while ago.

Something she told me that was surprising to me...that each "customer or sale" took one hr. each. Based on that, she said there weren't enough hours in the days open to sell out of them before Monday.

Leave it to a tool at the VZW store to say something like that. If it takes them an hour, they are the slowest reps in the world.
    11-04-09 05:49 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD