Honestly, I do believe that it does take them an hour per customer, based upon waiting times after you check in. This store just opened, so all or most of the employees are new to their jobs. The store is always FULL of customers, from what I can tell. This market was an Altell one, until Oct. 17...so, a lot of the customers are transitioning over.
    11-04-09 05:57 PM
    Berkeley, CA has 40 droids, and she wasnt sure how many Eris's they might have.
    I've called multiple times to cust serv and went into a store, I can't get the two year price until Dec 1st and they won't let me move it up for this Friday. Any suggestions on what to do? Other than of course wait 3 weeks and rip my hair out.
    What if I bought it friday for the 1 year price, and returned it dec 1st and rebought it. I'm assuming paying the $35 dollar restock fee is less than the difference between the 2 and 1 year price. Don't mind spending $35 to have it three weeks early...
    11-04-09 06:05 PM
    I went to BB yesterday and the guy even somewhat discouraged me from pre-ordering, saying they will have plenty of phones. I could be wrong, but I don't think this phone is going to be selling out on day 1. Outside of phone junkie websites I haven't seen a lot of hype for the droid. I certainly haven't seen the advertising barrage that I saw for the Storm when that came out. I have actually seen more Storm2 ads than droid ads. I'm pretty sure I am getting this phone, but i won't be there at the crack of dawn.
    11-04-09 06:05 PM
    No need to wait or even get up early. As the guy said above me its only hyped on the net. no stores will even come close to selling out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 06:11 PM
    Definitely not a sell out.. Not nearly that known about.

11-04-09 06:24 PM
    Jhamilton you didn't even get nates sarcasm : )

11-04-09 06:32 PM
    Yeah, no need to get up early, there will be plenty.
    11-04-09 06:48 PM
    My Verizon opens @ 6am... and the lady told me they have had "so many calls" and "expect to sell out within an hour of opening"

ugghhh I was hoping I wouldnt have to be there THAT early, then go to work after...... sigh..... what I do for my addiction
    11-04-09 06:52 PM
    she is curvey damn.... jesus effin christ those yours up there?
    11-04-09 07:08 PM
    HA!

Yes.... "they" are mine LOL
    11-04-09 07:29 PM
    HA!

Yes.... "they" are mine LOL
    fantastic **sheiscurvey recieves standing ovation**

Last edited by cereal killer; 11-04-09 at 08:22 PM.
    11-04-09 07:43 PM
    I LOLed
    11-04-09 07:56 PM
    11-04-09 08:12 PM
    I get out of work at 2:30 am. Apartment by 3 am, getting roommate then going to the store, there by 3:30 am. I went there again today, they weren't selling accessories yet . A different rep (2, actually) said they have about 100 in stock (different than the 150 yesterday's said) and expect another 15 or so boxes in. They also said they have a bunch of multimedia cradles, but haven't seen the car cradles yet. Who knows?

I'm showing up early, that's all I know. First thing I'm saying when I walk in? I'm here to buy a Droid, both types of cradles, and what do you recommend for a headset? Lol.
    11-04-09 09:36 PM
    I went in at a verizon store in Oxnard ca to check out the S2 on release day. I played dumb with one of the sales rep and ask if the had any droid phones in, like I didn't know the release was the 6th. She went to the back and said they had some; she even had one in her hands. I asked her if I could buy it and she said sure lets go the my station and process it. She tried but couldn't find it in the system yet, so I asked if I could play with it while she asked the manager why it’s not in the system. It felt great but of course the phone was not activated yet but just felt solid. Just by the feel and what I’ve ready I was sold. When the rep got back she said the phone wasn’t released yet (duh). So I asked if I could take a picture of it with my tour and she said yeah but just as I was looking for the camera icon on my phone the manager stepped in and said sorry I cant let you do that...Hey at least I got to play with it ha-ha
    Last edited by dlarej15; 11-04-09 at 10:43 PM.
    11-04-09 10:39 PM
    Went to the Verizon wireless store I do business with yesterday and the Rep. told me that they were only going to have 50 Droid units available Friday.

Unlike Monday morning of this week they refused to let me see the phone again! And when I told the Rep. that I wanted to check a couple of issues I'd seen brought up in videos of the phone in use he insisted that wasn't possible because nobody has a Droid yet so there couldn't be any videos. Geez, you'd think Verizon employees would be a little better informed.

The store opens at 7:00 I'll be there much earlier!
    11-05-09 07:48 AM
    "More than 200" Moto Droids at my local store, which has been showing off the Droid and Droid Eris to customers all week.
    11-05-09 08:13 AM
    corporate store near me is going to be getting 200.... west coast i belive you guys have alot go wireless stores am i correct?
    11-05-09 08:51 AM
    she is curvey damn.... jesus effin christ those yours up there?
    Thats what I like about u; u got the guts to say what we all think.
    May I come and hang out with u at a Starbucks in Bev Hills and get
    your overflow; may I huh huh...........................
    11-05-09 09:00 AM
    I went in at a verizon store in Oxnard ca to check out the S2 on release day. I played dumb with one of the sales rep and ask if the had any droid phones in, like I didn't know the release was the 6th. She went to the back and said they had some; she even had one in her hands. I asked her if I could buy it and she said sure lets go the my station and process it. She tried but couldn't find it in the system yet, so I asked if I could play with it while she asked the manager why it�s not in the system. It felt great but of course the phone was not activated yet but just felt solid. Just by the feel and what I�ve ready I was sold. When the rep got back she said the phone wasn�t released yet (duh). So I asked if I could take a picture of it with my tour and she said yeah but just as I was looking for the camera icon on my phone the manager stepped in and said sorry I cant let you do that...Hey at least I got to play with it ha-ha
    I don't see how u even got to play with it. Man they are being d!cks in
    the San Fernando Valley..............
    P@nk a$$es......... Oh well policy............
    Just one more freakin day. My friend has one set aside. I will be there
    at 6:30 store opens at 7. Heck I may return my plantronics BT
    just so I can get some accessories................
    11-05-09 09:04 AM
    corporate store near me is going to be getting 200.... west coast i belive you guys have alot go wireless stores am i correct?
    In my area I would say in about a 15/20 square radius.
    4 maybe 5 corp stores, maybe 7.
    They're all still p@nk a$$es won't let u see sh!t........
    11-05-09 09:06 AM
    In my area I would say in about a 15/20 square radius.
    4 maybe 5 corp stores, maybe 7.
    They're all still p@nk a$$es won't let u see sh!t........
    Same here, Trendy...I tried the ole "I'm gonna be out of town routine" and all I got was "come back on Friday"! <sigh>

(and I *really* am going to be out of town..on the road..driving...so can't get to a store, since there isn't one between home and where I'm going, so it sucks)
    11-05-09 09:25 AM
    Leave it to a tool at the VZW store to say something like that. If it takes them an hour, they are the slowest reps in the world.
    In that case, every VZW store I've been to has the slowest reps in the world. I'm on my 3rd Storm now. When I swapped from a Pearl to my first Storm, and every time I've swapped since, it has ALWAYS taken a *minimum* of 45 minutes, from the time the rep actually started helping me, to get switched over to a new phone. And that's without even moving my data over. They just give me the phone empty and I reactivate on my BES to get my Contacts, etc. back.
    11-05-09 09:39 AM
    Same here, Trendy...I tried the ole "I'm gonna be out of town routine" and all I got was "come back on Friday"! <sigh>

(and I *really* am going to be out of town..on the road..driving...so can't get to a store, since there isn't one between home and where I'm going, so it sucks)
    There was one store mgr who would have probably shown me.
    He unfortunately was transferred to another store about 30mi
    away. In my busy day of commuting in LA traffic I wasn't going
    out of my way.
    See p@nk a$$e$.........
    They want this to be the event of the year I can tell......
    11-05-09 09:41 AM
    I don't see how u even got to play with it. Man they are being d!cks in
    the San Fernando Valley..............
    P@nk a$$es......... Oh well policy............
    Just one more freakin day. My friend has one set aside. I will be there
    at 6:30 store opens at 7. Heck I may return my plantronics BT
    just so I can get some accessories................
    I stopped at the big corporate store in Sherman Oaks on Monday and they said they did not have any, yet (nonsense), wait until Friday. I was playing with the Storm2 and wanted to compare the phones. The rep made no comments about the phone.
    11-05-09 10:07 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD