Anyone who has the Incredible coming from a blackberry already knows that there is no bluetooth voice dialing, and the voice dialer on the unit really is not that good at all. Vlingo has come out with a beta application which I downloaded and it works great! and it's nice to have to voice to text option also. Just wanted to share this is the link I got from the adroid forums website for it if anyone is interested http://vlingo.com/androidbeta it is beta so you have to change your application setting to accept it. If you search Vlingo on the marketplace you will not find it.
    05-15-10 07:21 AM
    Voice dialing is something that I never end up using anyways. With how easy the Android makes it to store contacts, whether on your homescreen, in your favorites category, in a folder, through a widget that quick dials, there are so many easy options that it is hard to use a voice application that doesnt always recognize what you are saying. Plus, personally, I have a lot of people as funny names, so that doesnt work well with voice dials.
    05-15-10 12:45 PM
    I use this for driving only since there in no bluetooth voice dialing with my jawbone on this phone. The option to speak to text is also a bonus for me anyway. Any other other suggestions out there for bluetooth voice dialing on this phone? I honestly can't believe that it isn't a standard option especially on the newest software.
    05-16-10 07:56 AM
    Thing with Vlingo on android however is you need to search and tap the screen 2 times, once to start recording and again to finish recording.

On the Blackberry you simple press and hold the side convenience button then release when done talking.

Is there a way to make Vlingo work like this on android phones? ie. can you remap hardware keys like camera or volume button to work with Vlingo?
    09-16-10 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD