Lately, when my phone has a lower signal, the phone gets extremely hot. I have a battery app that's telling me that my phone will get up to 116 degrees. Is this due to reception issues on the incredible? Is there anyway to keep it cooler? I try shutting off WiFi and gps when I don't use them, and ill even shut off phone reception totally to cool it down. Has anyone else experienced this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-10 10:44 PM
    Wow, mine hit 104 at the highest I've seen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-10 11:15 PM
    Yea that's pretty hot. It might be because of the reception and its constant fighting for a better signal.

My Droid is running at 1.2Ghz (more than double stock speed), and I only hit those temperatures if I watch a long video. I'm in the 80s on average.
    06-20-10 12:33 AM
    Right now just sitting there, my phone is 93 degrees, or so it says, and I can't feel any heat. I'm not sure if BatteryLife is accurate with temperatures?

EDIT: TempMonitor Lite says 86 degrees, while BatteryLife says 93...
    06-20-10 12:42 AM
    I had this problem too, never decided to see how hot it was getting but the phone was burning up
    06-20-10 12:43 AM
    Not to worry, they engineer that to survive a dashboard in the summer. Remember when the iPhones were burning so hot they stunk? Yeah, you should be fine, it can get allot hotter, and still be "normal". 116 is warm, but feels like allot more through that thin plastic huh?

Google "iphone burning smell" and "droid incredible burning smell" Guess what ONE phone wins the overheat wars? Yup=)
    06-20-10 01:34 AM
    Never had that problem
    06-20-10 01:46 AM
    it could be worse....

check this out he was watching a movie on his HD2 and it caught on fire.....
    !
    06-20-10 12:35 PM
    ^^^ lol too bad he torched it and made a bull**** video
    06-20-10 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD