Busy Bee we have fought many battles as adversaries now we are unified LOL........

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 02:01 PM
    haha, yeah. never more than some good natured ribbing. nice to see we'll be joining forces to experience this awesome phone. i'm amped!
    11-01-09 02:03 PM
    VZW must like me! I upgrade every year with no troubles whatsoever.

Well you either signed a one-year contract or you are a VIP. Neither of which applies to me.
    11-01-09 02:08 PM
    Just signed up. Looks to be a good forum.
    11-01-09 02:09 PM
    plus one.
    11-01-09 02:52 PM
    Well you either signed a one-year contract or you are a VIP. Neither of which applies to me.

It doesn't hurt to ask. They seem like their encouraging early upgrades. If you tell them your having some issues with your phone, maybe they'll cut you some slack.
    11-01-09 03:10 PM
    It doesn't hurt to ask. They seem like their encouraging early upgrades. If you tell them your having some issues with your phone, maybe they'll cut you some slack.
    A 17 month advance on my upgrade just might be a bit too much to ask for.
    11-01-09 03:14 PM
    A 17 month advance on my upgrade just might be a bit too much to ask for.
    LOL..umm, yea. You will probably have to go the "i'm having some issues" with my phone route.
    11-01-09 03:16 PM
    LOL..umm, yea. You will probably have to go the "i'm having some issues" with my phone route.
    I'm in the process of trying that right now. Thing is my phone actually does have problems with it, but I've just been dealing with it. I spoke to a CS rep on the phone who left a note on my account detailing my problem and plan to exchange my phone. He said to go into a store, show them my problem, and then whether or not I would be able to exchange is ultimately up to the store manager. Chances are they would only allow me to switch to another BlackBerry, not a brand new device. Oh well, can't hurt to try! Unfortunately the exchange cannot be done over the phone because they need proof that there is a legitimate problem with my Tour.

What I might do is go into a store and somehow get them to leave an additional note on my account that states my device does have a problem. I would then call back CS and tell them about that note. My hope is that after they get proof, then they will able to exchange it over the phone. Seem plausible, or am I just dreaming?
    11-01-09 03:22 PM
    Man jorGeorge I hope you can get into the device. You have been having real issues and they have been noted. I would think they would move you into a new device.

11-01-09 03:28 PM
    I just joined up on the site, already replied to a few threads haha. I'll add it to the list of forums I check daily. Thanks for the link CK.

As for jorGeorge, I couldn't get them to move my upgrade date by 17 months either LOL but I did get one person on the phone to tell me that when I was ready to upgrade, they would be able to give me the one year price. It's not the 2-year and there isn't a NE2 discount on top, but its a LOT better than retail. You will be agreeing to a new 2-year contract of course.
    11-01-09 03:28 PM
    Man jorGeorge I hope you can get into the device. You have been having real issues and they have been noted. I would think they would move you into a new device.

And it's not like the problem I am having is minor. My screen is literally rippling 24/7. The way I know is because every time I open Opera Mini 5, you can actually see the entire screen PULSATING. Yes, there is a wave coming up and down the screen. It is hard to describe. I assume that it is only possible to see it this severe because of the dark grey background used in the program. And no, it has nothing to do with the program. I have installed several new OS' and uninstalled/reinstalled the program multiple times. It is very frustrating knowing I have this problem and can do very little about it.
    11-01-09 03:36 PM
    im on there.... my name on there is Garrett but im using the same avatar as here...
    11-01-09 04:09 PM
    I'm in the process of trying that right now. Thing is my phone actually does have problems with it, but I've just been dealing with it. I spoke to a CS rep on the phone who left a note on my account detailing my problem and plan to exchange my phone. He said to go into a store, show them my problem, and then whether or not I would be able to exchange is ultimately up to the store manager. Chances are they would only allow me to switch to another BlackBerry, not a brand new device. Oh well, can't hurt to try! Unfortunately the exchange cannot be done over the phone because they need proof that there is a legitimate problem with my Tour.

What I might do is go into a store and somehow get them to leave an additional note on my account that states my device does have a problem. I would then call back CS and tell them about that note. My hope is that after they get proof, then they will able to exchange it over the phone. Seem plausible, or am I just dreaming?

sounds like a smart plan... I would probably due it asap, and go to the store you purchased it from. You may get lucky and get an eager manager looking to sell alot of Droids right off the bat. Your creating a paper trail, which should help you. Wish you luck
    11-01-09 04:39 PM
    I just joined up on the site, already replied to a few threads haha. I'll add it to the list of forums I check daily. Thanks for the link CK.

As for jorGeorge, I couldn't get them to move my upgrade date by 17 months either LOL but I did get one person on the phone to tell me that when I was ready to upgrade, they would be able to give me the one year price. It's not the 2-year and there isn't a NE2 discount on top, but its a LOT better than retail. You will be agreeing to a new 2-year contract of course.

You can always activate a 2nd ESN line, you'll get the new service rate. I did this with the S1 and, cut off the 2nd line a couple of days later. The cost factor wasn't too bad. It is alot cheaper than paying retail and better than waiting 17 mo's
    11-01-09 05:00 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD