Lets be honest about the camera. The pictures on both phones look good on the phone, once you put it on a computer, they look like toilet paper.
    12-22-09 10:33 AM
    Lets be honest about the camera. The pictures on both phones look good on the phone, once you put it on a computer, they look like toilet paper.
    And that fart I just released probably could use some of your photography skills. *barf*
    12-22-09 11:22 AM
    The pics I have taken on my Droid are really not that bad. My 3GS does take better pictures, but the Droid pics are not terrible. They probably should be better, but I really don't care because I barely take pics.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-09 11:38 AM
    With most cellphone cameras you need to drop it in photoshop and at least do an auto adjust...I just have a simple BlackBerry 8320 and when I take pictures they don't look too good either, but after some photoshop adjustments they look fine. I'm hoping this Nexus phone that everyone is talking about has a good camera...I'm thinking of getting it when it comes out.

12-25-09 04:16 PM
    I haven't had any issues with my Moto-roid camera. It takes the best pictures I have seen from a phone personally, Never photoshopped or anything, then again im not trying to win a photography award, i take pics for mms, myspace, facebook and flckr and thats it. nothign further. no contests. so for what i do its fine.

in comparison however, my moto-roid does take better pictures at 5mp then my kodak easy shot does at 8.1... or my old GE at 7.1. colors seem richer.
    12-25-09 04:54 PM
    With most cellphone cameras you need to drop it in photoshop and at least do an auto adjust...I just have a simple BlackBerry 8320 and when I take pictures they don't look too good either, but after some photoshop adjustments they look fine. I'm hoping this Nexus phone that everyone is talking about has a good camera...I'm thinking of getting it when it comes out.

I'm thinking the difference between the blackberry and your droid or eris might be that the blackberry had a 3.2 mpxl camera and the droid and eris have 5mpxl camera's...so you should definitely expect more from the camera on the droid or eris
    12-25-09 05:33 PM
    i wouldnt go as far as to say they look like toilet paper but i have noticed that the camera does not take indoor pics all that well. now outside shots come out amazing for a phone that happens to have a camera.

remember that..... this is a phone that just happens to have a camera..

its no nikon DSLR so i would not do a photoshoot with it but for a quick shot here and there and not have to carry a digicam with me at all times it does just fine.

like someone already said its nothing that cant be fixed with photoshop
    12-25-09 10:07 PM
    I can't say if this will help as I don't have a droid. However the first thing you can try is turning the resolution down. Keep the quality at max but choose a lower res. It makes a difference on BB's and honestly who needs needs a cell phone pic at 1600x1200 (going off max on 8330) of course its going to look way to big and have terrible quality when viewed on a PC.
    12-25-09 10:24 PM
    The whole no flash on camera bothers me
    12-27-09 05:41 AM
    The whole no flash on camera bothers me

the camera has a flash

the video camera does not have a light but there are options on that like mototorch.

also the 2.1 update has a light with the video camera.
    12-27-09 08:48 AM
    I don't know about the droid, but eris has no flash on camera.

the camera has a flash

the video camera does not have a light but there are options on that like mototorch.

also the 2.1 update has a light with the video camera.
    12-27-09 09:09 AM
    I don't know about the droid, but eris has no flash on camera.

lol im exactly the opposite... i have a droid and know for a fact it has a flash on the camera.
    12-27-09 01:45 PM
    I'm thinking the difference between the blackberry and your droid or eris might be that the blackberry had a 3.2 mpxl camera and the droid and eris have 5mpxl camera's...so you should definitely expect more from the camera on the droid or eris
    The blackberry 8530 that he was talking about has a 2mp camera with no autofocus

12-27-09 11:54 PM
    lol im exactly the opposite... i have a droid and know for a fact it has a flash on the camera.
    That's a plus to the Droid...HTC is known for not including flash on cameras
    12-28-09 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD