I'm not due to upgrade until Feb, 2011 as far as i know. I never recieved an email for an early upgrade. If I go to a verizon store and show them the droid early upgrade promotion picture..found online..will i be able to upgrade early? I do not currently have a smartphone.
    12-07-09 06:53 PM
    No.....that's the price if you ARE up for an upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 07:49 PM
    You should be up for an upgrade on Feb 2010, and get the phone at the discounted price. If you wait until the 2011 mark, that is when your contract will expire and you will be able to get an additional $50-100 discount.

But yea if you got a phone on Feb of this year, your annual upgrade will come Feb next year, and if you call or email VZW, and try long enough, I'm pretty sure they might move your annual upgrade to an earlier date.
    12-07-09 07:53 PM
    Call (611) and tell them you want to upgrade early. That's what I did. They said no problem and next day aired one to me. Had it the next day.
    12-07-09 07:56 PM
    Post removed. Seems others felt I was trying to scam VZW, which I was not.
    Last edited by Krynj; 12-08-09 at 05:07 PM.
    12-07-09 08:36 PM
    removed to keep everyone happy
    Last edited by ScooterSpurs; 12-10-09 at 03:43 PM.
    12-08-09 02:56 PM
    I called 611, and I asked for early upgrade. They asked why, I said because me blackberry screen was cracked (which it was). I was put on hold, and 2 minutes later, they came back, asked what phone I was wanting to get. I told them (droid) and said they bumped my upgrade date to that day (Nov. something). I went into my local verizon store and picked up my Droid. The store clerk obviously didn't lose any comission on my purchase, because their info said I was eligible.
    12-08-09 03:08 PM
    Last edited by ScooterSpurs; 12-10-09 at 03:44 PM.
    12-08-09 03:19 PM
    What store do you work in? Did they tell you in your training class that if you are caught suggesting things like this to customers that you will be terminated?? Do you realize that, as a commissioned sales consultant for verizon wireless, that everytime you process an manager approved upgrade you MAKE NO COMMISSION???
    I don't work in sales. A happy VZW customer with a device they're satisfied with is more important to me than one sales rep making/losing commission.
    12-08-09 03:33 PM
    12-08-09 03:52 PM
    Call and tell us you're going to leave for AT&T to get the iPhone if you can't get the early upgrade. Tell the rep you get that you hate using your phone, and you want to get a phone with a lot more features. The rep you get won't be able to approve an early upgrade, so you'll have to ask to speak to a supervisor. Once you get a supervisor, tell them you have no problem paying your ETF if it means you can finally get a phone you really like.

I can almost guarantee this will work. We're told in training that if people threaten to leave (more specifically for the iPhone), that we'll do almost anything (within reason) to keep you. I've had a lot of these calls lately. Customers wanting an early upgrade for the Droid.

If you use this method, I'd like to know if it worked, so, post a follow up if you could.
    I really wish you would post your name, i would forward this post to HR in 2 seconds. This is the type of stuff does nothing but hurt the company. They didnt tell you any of that BS in your new hire training and you should be fired for posting this crap. I hope you know that we do have a team of people in our company that browse sites like this and they do try to "police" things like this due to morons like you.
    12-08-09 03:59 PM
    12-08-09 04:10 PM
    I had this same exact issue. I got a promo mailing from VZN saying I had an upgrade, so I went to BestBuy, and they said not until 1/26. So I went to Verizon. They said I could get the promo price, but that I'd have to pay $20 to start a new contract, and that i'd forego my $50 credit that I'd be eligible for in January.
    12-08-09 04:52 PM
    CONSIDER IT A BLESSING.

There will likely be some new devices out by February. I'm eligible now but am wAiting till end of January to pull the trigger.

12-08-09 05:06 PM
    CONSIDER IT A BLESSING.

There will likely be some new devices out by February. I'm eligible now but am wAiting till end of January to pull the trigger.

I'm not sure "blessing" is a word I'd use, but I see your point. I was wondering if there might be something out in the late Winter that I might want instead.
    12-08-09 05:08 PM
    I'm not due for an upgrade until Aug. 2010 but am getting the droid this week for the one year price. You won't get the two year price but shouldn't have a problem getting the one year price.....just tell them you are looking at the. iphone
    12-08-09 05:13 PM
    Oops. Just noticed it was not this coming February. What about the Annual upgrade? Is your VOICE plan over 59 per month?

12-08-09 05:21 PM
    Post removed. Seems others felt I was trying to scam VZW, which I was not.
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. Some people have forgotten what these forums are all about.
    12-08-09 06:49 PM
    Or if ya want it bad enough pay full retail! A lot of us on here took the plunge and paid retail...ill be honest it was money well spent!
    12-08-09 07:31 PM
    I was wondering if there might be something out in the late Winter that I might want instead.
    By now I'm sure you've read the rumors. Regardless (NOT IRREGARDLESS, you knuckleheads) I think most agree that we should know more next month
    12-08-09 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD