Hey guys, I got a chance to play with the droid and droid errs while at the vzw store today and thought that other storm owners might be interested in my opinions.

Motorola droid:
    I went straight to this device first mainly because of all the hype. Personally, I didn't like it. The standard android virtual keyboard is probably the one to blame for this. anytime I would tap a key it would register three or four times. Plus when trying to enter a web address the keyboard constantly disappeared on me. Landscape mode with the actual keyboard was much better. However, I do agree with a lot of people about the dpad. It is a reach to type with your right hand. Also, the standard android OS seems overly complicated. more so then the storm. I did love the speed of the device. But
    that was really about it.

Droid eres:
    wow!!! Completely different device. Its like night and day. Everything was so easy to use from the get go. No learning curve necessary. The virtual keyboard was much much better. The menu system was better.navigating around the different screens was easier. And it was a cinch to customize the home screens to my liking. I'm really lovin the sense ui overlay. I almost felt like walking out with it then and there. the only gripes were that I would want a slightly wider screen and the fact that its limited to US 3g. But that was the case for both droid devices.

In conclusion, as soon as there is an htc droid device with sense ui for Verizon that runs android 2.0 with global capabilities. I will jump on board with no hesitation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 08:04 PM
    Hah, someone coming from a Blackberry saying another OS is overly complicated? Please. Something being "complicated" also shouldn't be a reason to not like it. It just takes some time to learn.
    11-07-09 08:07 PM
    I totally agree with everything you said, I liked the Eris much better also. I don't feel its to complicated though seemed pretty easy to me.
    11-07-09 08:17 PM
    The Eris looked kind of .. cheap, though. Did you guys not think that?
    11-07-09 08:25 PM
    Motorola phones are crap. The Eris seemed better in my opinion.
    11-07-09 10:18 PM
    The Eris looked kind of .. cheap, though. Did you guys not think that?
    I've owned both. If anyone needs to know anything go ahead and ask. Regarding the build quality of the Eris... it's great. Certainly doesn't feel cheap, very solid.
    11-07-09 10:21 PM
    I've owned both. If anyone needs to know anything go ahead and ask. Regarding the build quality of the Eris... it's great. Certainly doesn't feel cheap, very solid.
    I held both today. HTC > MotoroLOLa as far as build quality goes. The last hit they had years ago, the Razr was equally a PoS build wise, as I ended up going through 3 of them. The guts on the Droid are impressive, but I wouldn't touch a Motorola product with a 10 foot pole. Especially if I were a VZW customer. They're going to have better Droids by the end of the year.
    11-08-09 12:31 AM
    I chose the Eris. Definitely liked it much better than the Moto Droid. There is a bit of a learning curve and I consider myself pretty tech savy, I've been playing with it for a few hours and I'm still trying to figure things out. But I'm enjoying it very much so far.
    11-08-09 12:37 AM
    Hah, someone coming from a Blackberry saying another OS is overly complicated? Please. Something being "complicated" also shouldn't be a reason to not like it. It just takes some time to learn.
    I like my storm but not the learning curve it took as it was my first blackberry. Maybe I want a phone that is easy to use and customize right out of the box. Honostly android OS without an overlay like sense ui or motoblur really sucks. I'd rather keep my storm over the standard android os.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 02:47 AM
    Yeah...I thought the Moto looked cheaper and more bland, and the Droid Eris was beautiful, intuitive, and just so sleek! That's why I picked it up....and haven't put it down since Friday.....awesome phone!
    11-09-09 01:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD