dandroid over at droidforums.net posted this video/link up.

while not on the browser (yet) the OS supports it. Which tells me that it will be made available.

Here's proof

DroidDoes Have Pinch & Zoom | Android Phone Fans
    11-03-09 11:31 PM
    Not if stinking Apple has anything to say about it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 11:33 PM

dosent matter what apple says , android is open source meaning if we find a way to add it , aka using the euro "milestone" code, then we are good to go and they cant do anything about it.
    11-03-09 11:37 PM
    No jailbreaking required.
    11-03-09 11:39 PM

Apple isn't the inventor which is why the Palm Pre has it.
    11-04-09 07:30 AM
    HTC Hero has it too, as well as the Nikon S230 camera. There is a new commercial with Ashton Kutcher where he is running around an art gallery taking pictures. It shows him using pinch zoom on the still pic. The Droid will have it eventually, everyone needs to get off this issue.
    11-04-09 07:45 AM
    Patent laws and legal wrangle-dangle are a dark, knotty thing - but I do believe if Palm, Google and others were to challenge Apples "Patent" on "multi-touch" they'd have a fair case to free themselves any supposed wrongdoing...

Remember this is the same U.S. patent office that gave Amazon it's ridiculous "one-click" shopping "patent"... next thing they'll give someone the rights to the Pixel. Sheesh.

If Apple is trying to claim they invented or hold any foundation patent on Multi-Touch, they're way off base... or even the "idea" for Multi-Touch.
    First off, it's been recognized in public domain for years - we've seen it in shows and movies, and as far as research and practical applications? Lots of other companies and people can show they've been tinkering with Multi-Touch for a long, long time...

Xerox PARC and MediaLab at MIT had technologies and patents based on gestural interfaces, both in contact with the screen, and in space, back in the early days of GUI.
    Hewlet Packard and Microsoft also hold patents for Multi-Touch, and somewhere else I found mention of the following: "...Bruce Tognazzini "invented" the pinching method back in the 90's when he worked with Sun. The effect can be seen in his 1996 book Tog on Software Design."

The only viability of Apple's patent I would imagine, would have to be in very specific aspects of mapping multi finger movments to specific commands in very specific apps.

The bottom line is that a lot of these patent-cases are used by larger companies to tie people up in defensive litigation, while at the same time helping to ensure that good ideas which could lead to further progress on the open market if shared, are not.
    11-04-09 08:25 AM
    We already knew this... the Euro version of the phone has it... they just didn't enable it in the US. I think I posted a video about some Russian guy playing with it.

Also, I thought that anything built on an Open Platform fell under the Open Platform Distribution license laws which basically depicted that anything goes (so long as you don't reverse engineer the open platform software or hardware). That being said, Google should be free to implement whatever "pattented" thing they want. I would think that if they provide an update that is "FREE" after you buy the phone, this would constitute as allowable, since they didn't actually have the capability on the handset at time of purchse (the capability "wasn't" sold and therefor cannot fall outside of the Open Platform Distribution). Of course I could be wrong on this, but I dunno.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 11-04-09 at 09:29 AM.
    11-04-09 09:24 AM
    This also looks like a cool program, something I've never been able to find for the storm.

PicSay - 20 Android Apps: Our Favorites - Tom's Guide
    11-04-09 10:41 AM
    Would you guys lay off the Apple patent crap?? It just isn't true! Many devices other than the iphone use multitouch and pinch zooming. It is NOT an apple only feature!

I say the Droid has it by the end of November.
    11-04-09 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD