I read this on AndroidForums but it just seems really silly. Is there any reason to think this should do anything good?

Also need to calibrate the battery...
    With the phone in the on position.

Fully charge the battery with the phone on... (until the led turns green.)

Once the led turns green, unplug the charger until the led goes off.

After the led goes off, plug the charger back in. When the led turns green , power off the phone.

now.... with the phone fully powered off...

1. Unplug the charger.

2. Wait until led goes off.

3. Plug charger back in until the led turns green. When it turns green, unplug the charger again and go to step 1.

4. repeat steps 1 and 3, 10 times. This may take anywhere from 30 seconds to 30 mins per cycle. Typically only about 1 minute. though.
    06-17-10 12:15 PM
    Sounds a little logical along with the sugestion of letting the battery drain and then recharge as the battery meter might be averaging the number of re-charges against the voltage out put of the battery.

The battery meter might very well be a predictor of run time rather than the real battery voltage, just like a notebook/laptop gives you xx hours and so many minutes of run time when it's running on it's battery.

I think the two process are related as with notebook battery and UPS power backup systems, the measuring of the battery and predicted run times are based on calibrating the load against the battery output voltage.

After 5 days of use, my battery on my EVO is getting better and I would say that I have plugged and unplugged from power at least 10 times if not more.
    06-17-10 02:22 PM
    Sounds a little logical along with the sugestion of letting the battery drain and then recharge as the battery meter might be averaging the number of re-charges against the voltage out put of the battery.

The battery meter might very well be a predictor of run time rather than the real battery voltage, just like a notebook/laptop gives you xx hours and so many minutes of run time when it's running on it's battery.

I think the two process are related as with notebook battery and UPS power backup systems, the measuring of the battery and predicted run times are based on calibrating the load against the battery output voltage.

After 5 days of use, my battery on my EVO is getting better and I would say that I have plugged and unplugged from power at least 10 times if not more.
    But unless I'm reading those steps wrong, it isn't just suggesting that the battery will improve after several charges, it seems to be saying to plug/unplug the phone 10 times in a single sitting. That seems strange and almost harmful to the battery. But maybe I'm misunderstanding the instructions.
    06-17-10 03:41 PM
    I read this on AndroidForums but it just seems really silly. Is there any reason to think this should do anything good?
    Yes it does work, I was skeptical myself but I tried it about a month ago and was shocked that it worked. I dont do it 10 times, but I will do it 3-4.
    06-17-10 05:51 PM
    Yes it does work, I was skeptical myself but I tried it about a month ago and was shocked that it worked. I dont do it 10 times, but I will do it 3-4.
    I just wish I had some real evidence to suggest it did anything. What do you see happening that makes you say it "worked"? What about the physical properties of a batter allows these steps to improve the battery?
    06-17-10 06:35 PM
    Its a software issue with the phone. When I do that my battery life greatly improves. Try it for yourself and see how yours works for ya
    06-17-10 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD