like the title says im just wondering if the Eris had a LED indicator for new messages an what not? thanks
    11-09-09 12:31 AM
    I downloaded the Handcent SMS app and it has a setting for a LED indicator when you get new text but it is nothing like what BB has! The light is small and doesn't stand out like the berry.
    11-09-09 08:19 AM
    The trackball will also glow if you have pending messages.
    11-09-09 08:33 AM
    I downloaded the Handcent SMS app and it has a setting for a LED indicator when you get new text but it is nothing like what BB has! The light is small and doesn't stand out like the berry.
    So right out of the box it doesn't have the new message LED then huh?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 08:37 AM
    The trackball will also glow if you have pending messages.
    Oh ok...as long as something flashes or whatever whens there's new messages...I currently have a 8900 an that's one of the big reason I like BB is the new message indicator, I went to check out the droid the other day an the eris really caught my attention because of its size...but I wanted to make sure it had some sort of new mess light. Thanks

11-09-09 08:46 AM
    i wonder if you can change the color of the light
    11-09-09 09:22 AM
    i wonder if you can change the color of the light
    What color does the ball flash..just white?

11-09-09 09:42 AM
    11-09-09 07:31 PM
    White. Flashes for all emails,sms/mms. I can see it from a long way away. Another good thing about the trackball glowing is that when I set my phone in the trucks cup holder and have the stereo too loud to hear, I can see the trackball when its got the charger attached. My storm had the led on the top of the device so when the charger was connected it was at the bottom of the cup holder and I couldnt see it. Nothing much to some but to me its important.
    Last edited by SGracer; 11-09-09 at 07:41 PM.
    11-09-09 07:38 PM
    Does it ever stop flashing? My BB stops flashing red after 25 min, so I miss stuff (on occasion... I always check, but if I just see the light and dont think it's been 25 min... ya know). I would understand if it didn't last all the time for battery reasons.
    11-09-09 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD