I came from BB and have the Droid Incredible. I love it. And yes, the battery usage isn't as great as BB but it should definitely last longer than 3 hours. I am getting soon the 1800 volt battery Matt recommended and got two for a decent price. So, thanks again Matt. I hope you won't let this have a bad taste in your mouth for Droid because it is really is outstanding. And you also need to know now with Verizon is it only a 14 day trial. They no longer have the 30 day ride on their devices. That changed on Jan 16th. My suggestion is go into the stores and play with the different devices. I am very partial to the Incredible. It is awesome.
    01-25-11 01:41 PM
    I came from BB and have the Droid Incredible. I love it. And yes, the battery usage isn't as great as BB but it should definitely last longer than 3 hours. I am getting soon the 1800 volt battery Matt recommended and got two for a decent price. So, thanks again Matt. I hope you won't let this have a bad taste in your mouth for Droid because it is really is outstanding. And you also need to know now with Verizon is it only a 14 day trial. They no longer have the 30 day ride on their devices. That changed on Jan 16th. My suggestion is go into the stores and play with the different devices. I am very partial to the Incredible. It is awesome.
    If you are getting an "1800 volt" battery, I strongly suggest you NOT install it. ( unless you like watching smoke pour out of your phone).
    01-25-11 02:09 PM
    And you also need to know now with Verizon is it only a 14 day trial. They no longer have the 30 day ride on their devices. That changed on Jan 16th.
    So I've heard. geez, what ELSE can Verizon take away from us paying customers?? No more $15 data plan, no 30-day trials...what else have they taken away recently?
    01-25-11 02:11 PM
    I'll definitely keep that in mind. I normally won't go through the carrier to buy the phone these days, but still good info to know in case I do use my upgrade supposedly coming in August.

I'm with you on the spare batteries. I might end up purchasing some more. Kind of gives me the freedom to use the device the way I want, without being too gun shy
    01-25-11 02:17 PM
    So I've heard. geez, what ELSE can Verizon take away from us paying customers?? No more $15 data plan, no 30-day trials...what else have they taken away recently?
    they also took away $100 upgrade rebate
    01-25-11 02:39 PM
    Sucks being with AT&T's selection of android phones
    That's true but it's going to change when the Atrix arrives. I'm lucky enough to have gotten an AT&T Nexus One but I had to get it directly through Google.
    01-25-11 02:53 PM
    Well Good news!!! Talked to ebay seller and he is willing to send a new battery free of charge and if that doesn't help i can still send it back! So I'm back in the game haha!
    01-25-11 09:36 PM
    great news indeed!
    01-25-11 09:41 PM
    Awesome.. Just be aware that you will still experience some battery drain as you won't be able to put the phone down Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-11 10:22 PM
    Someone told me yesterday, but don't quote me on it, that Verizon is going to offer unlimited data for a limited time for $30/mth and when you get the i4 the plan is guaranteed for the life of the contract. or something like that.
    01-26-11 08:52 AM
    That's true but it's going to change when the Atrix arrives. I'm lucky enough to have gotten an AT&T Nexus One but I had to get it directly through Google.
    Oh, I did not know that. I just looked it up and it looks very promising

I get early upgrades with AT&T, I wonder if it is available by july?
    01-26-11 08:57 AM
    Who make the thread fu#%^$ u u dont have future like ur blackberry
    01-26-11 11:57 AM
    Well Good news!!! Talked to ebay seller and he is willing to send a new battery free of charge and if that doesn't help i can still send it back! So I'm back in the game haha!
    Awesome that is great to hear. If the new battery doesn't make a difference, then you know the device is defective.

He likes the device. The battery was defective.
    01-26-11 11:59 AM
    Someone told me yesterday, but don't quote me on it, that Verizon is going to offer unlimited data for a limited time for $30/mth and when you get the i4 the plan is guaranteed for the life of the contract. or something like that.
    That's what I heard to but it said "limited promo"...
    01-26-11 12:04 PM
    What does this even mean?
    01-26-11 12:39 PM
    What does this even mean?
    It means he is off his meds. We are not here to pledge allegiance to one device/company/OS over another. Please GTFO if you don't plan on taking your meds at timed intervals.
    01-26-11 02:28 PM
    Oh, I did not know that. I just looked it up and it looks very promising

I get early upgrades with AT&T, I wonder if it is available by july?
    I also get early upgrades, I'm usually eligible little after a year, every year.

Word is Best Buy will be getting the Atrix on or around Feb 19, I can't wait.
    01-26-11 02:52 PM
    Are your other 19 posts as poorly constructed as this one?? Just wondering...
    01-26-11 05:48 PM
    Unless you get one of those extended batteries or ugly and bulky cases, you're going to find short battery life very common with pretty much any & every Android device. Now 3 hours is not at all typical, except with the Vibrant, which has WAY too many bum devices being produced. In general, and with every Android I've ever seen, no matter the carrier or manufacturer, you'll be lucky to get two days with very light use, and half a day with heavy. Personally I don't think it's a big deal to just plug the sucker in while at home or work and it's just sitting there anyway, but to each his/her own.
    01-27-11 01:09 AM
    $30/month? Woah...

I don't like extended batteries either.
    01-27-11 07:28 AM
    Unless you get one of those extended batteries or ugly and bulky cases, you're going to find short battery life very common with pretty much any & every Android device. Now 3 hours is not at all typical, except with the Vibrant, which has WAY too many bum devices being produced. In general, and with every Android I've ever seen, no matter the carrier or manufacturer, you'll be lucky to get two days with very light use, and half a day with heavy. Personally I don't think it's a big deal to just plug the sucker in while at home or work and it's just sitting there anyway, but to each his/her own.
    I think that is a pretty good assessment. With the screen off (light use), I can see going two days on one charge. My SGS is used constantly, so it normally needs a charge around the half-day mark. Now, it sits in a charging dock on my desk at work, and a charging cradle in the car, so I rarely run out of juice.

When I had my BlackBerry, it wouldn't make it through an entire day on one charge (from constant use as well). I got into the habit of charging docks and car cradles. That just carried over to Android...
    01-27-11 10:19 AM
    I think that is a pretty good assessment. With the screen off (light use), I can see going two days on one charge. My SGS is used constantly, so it normally needs a charge around the half-day mark. Now, it sits in a charging dock on my desk at work, and a charging cradle in the car, so I rarely run out of juice.

When I had my BlackBerry, it wouldn't make it through an entire day on one charge (from constant use as well). I got into the habit of charging docks and car cradles. That just carried over to Android...

Same for me. I used my BB heavily, and I was used to keeping it on a charger at home, work and office.
    01-27-11 11:38 AM
    right i think many people were the same. compare the storm 1/2 to the other touch screen devices and see how batter life stands. For me it was about the same.
    01-27-11 11:55 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD