And again, I'm not sure why you're fanboying this. I own an iPhone. I own a GS3. You seem to have some vested interest in Samsung bashing. Your bias is showing.

Oh, and there's a $50 difference between the 5 and my GS3. If I'd wanted another iPhone, I'd have one. I don't cheap out on my cell phones, last time I did that was when the storm went to $140 no contract. I learned my lesson.

Sent from my Galaxy S 3 via JB 4.2.2 - thanks Tasks AOKP!
    And u are steady giving real life scenarios and he is quoting reports lol. Bottom line Samsung earned the spot they have right now.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
    reeneebob and cheekeebandito like this.
    03-01-13 04:02 PM
    It still an android phone dude !!
    03-01-13 04:28 PM
    What does that mean??

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
    03-03-13 12:13 PM
    I had a Blackberry Curve originally, swapped it for a 9700 Bold (which I loved) , went to a 9800 Torch (which I HATED, due to daily dropped calls, freezes and battery pulls) and when it locked up on Christmas day, while I was at work , I had enough..... I was nearly a year away from being eligible for an upgrade from my carrier (Bell Mobility) , so I purchased an unlocked international S3 (GTi9300) running on JB 4.2.2 ....... Not a single dropped call, an absolute plethora of apps available, beautiful screen , and amazing web browsing..... A co-worker just picked up the new Z10, and it's definitely an improvement over past BB's , but I don't see me switching back any time soon ...... My wife and son are still happy with their old Curves, but we'll see what happens when their contracts are up..... My son really loves my S3 ..... In the 6 months prior to me dumping the Torch, my BBM contacts dropped from 50+ to 22 ...... I really hope BB survives , with this new handset (Z10) , but for now, I'm sticking with my S3 , thanks.....
    03-04-13 11:29 AM
    And you're still in the Android section, dude!
    lssanjose and Greenghost like this.
    03-12-13 02:41 PM
    Count me in as anti-Samsung. I've owned 2 Samsung phones, a DvD player, an LCD TV, and 2 PC Monitors from Samsung.

Phones: Both went kaput not long after the 1 year warranty.
    DvD Player: Died at around 22 months (warranty expired as well)
    LCD TV: Display died at 18 months. Luckily I bought an extended warranty from Best Buy this time! Found out that the issue with that Samsung model was frequent.

The only Sammy electronics that have lasted 2 years for me are the ones that I should have stayed with because they still do well with them if not their other products: PC monitors. Samsung always had a good reputation for their PC monitors. The QC on their other stuff sucks. I know exactly why. They've become too large a company, and they don't care to make a big effort any more. The old school Samsung company that I used to trust is long gone, replaced by their current bloated form. All Samsung are focused on in today's market is rapidly pumping out products that have catchy gimmicks that can be advertised successfully but not much concern about quality. Could this have happened to me using a collection of LG or Sony electronics? Probably. Which is exactly my point:

No I don't think Samsung make worse phones than the others. But unlike some of the fanboys recently posting above, I also sure as heck don't think they're better either. This year you can go buy a Samsung, Sony, HTC, LG, Motorola Android phone and it really isn't going to matter one bit which one you get because they're all pretty much even now so it's just going to end up being a matter of personal taste. Welcome to the state of Android 2013.

OEM-specific Fanboys in the Android ecosystem are about as useful as a screen door on a submarine, and half as knowledgeable.
    03-13-13 08:10 PM
    This year you can go buy a Samsung, Sony, HTC, LG, Motorola Android phone and it really isn't going to matter one bit which one you get because they're all pretty much even now so it's just going to end up being a matter of personal taste. Welcome to the state of Android 2013.
    Disagree. Now, more than ever, OEMs will be adding more and more features to their phones to make them stand out from the competition. In the past, that was just done with the OEM skin, making TouchWiz stand out from Sense which stands out from MotoBlur, etc. Now, the name of the game is NOT slapping a skin with a few tweaks from it's prior version onto a better speced version of the OEM's previous device. Now it's coming up with features and innovations that no other device/OEM can boast. This is going to result in devices that look and behave vastly different from one another, but all run Android. And even though I'm an HTC fan, I can definitely say that Samsung is largely responsible for this movement.

I also think that specific OEM haters do just as much of a disservice as fanboys. Just like fanboys, you can't tell where bias ends and logical judgement begins.
    03-14-13 02:58 PM
    Disagree. Now, more than ever, OEMs will be adding more and more features to their phones to make them stand out from the competition. In the past, that was just done with the OEM skin, making TouchWiz stand out from Sense which stands out from MotoBlur, etc. Now, the name of the game is NOT slapping a skin with a few tweaks from it's prior version onto a better speced version of the OEM's previous device. Now it's coming up with features and innovations that no other device/OEM can boast. This is going to result in devices that look and behave vastly different from one another, but all run Android. And even though I'm an HTC fan, I can definitely say that Samsung is largely responsible for this movement.

I also think that specific OEM haters do just as much of a disservice as fanboys. Just like fanboys, you can't tell where bias ends and logical judgement begins.
    Those differences are only skin deep (pun intended) not at the OS or kernel level.
    03-14-13 05:16 PM
    Those differences are only skin deep (pun intended) not at the OS or kernel level.
    But does the average consumer care about how features and functions are possible? I don't think so. I think what matters to them is that they ARE possible. And the SGS3 has a ton of little features jam packed into it, like smart stay, multiple gestures, scrolling headlines on the lock screen that you can open up directly to the full story, the alarm briefing feature, etc. To me, this set the bar for other devices to create their own unique feature offerings. And like I said, I believe THIS is what's going to set the OEM's apart this year. People won't be content with cookie cutter Android devices anymore.
    03-14-13 05:37 PM
    But does the average consumer care about how features and functions are possible? I don't think so. I think what matters to them is that they ARE possible. And the SGS3 has a ton of little features jam packed into it, like smart stay, multiple gestures, scrolling headlines on the lock screen that you can open up directly to the full story, the alarm briefing feature, etc. To me, this set the bar for other devices to create their own unique feature offerings. And like I said, I believe THIS is what's going to set the OEM's apart this year. People won't be content with cookie cutter Android devices anymore.
    Of course they don't, and I agree with you. My point is that the features the OEM's are putting on the phones with their skins aren't really that huge of a deal. Yes they serve to differentiate, and some are pretty cool. But - and this is just my opinion, but I also think it's pretty common sense for most consumers - the features available on Touchwiz, Sense, etc etc are not enough to override more important basic buyer considerations - who has the best track record for hardware reliability, which device received the most favorable reviews (lol buyer beware when reading those too though!), which device appears the most aesthetically pleasing to look at and to hold in the store (shallow point, but people do this), price, real world performance, etc.

Yes I agree with you that the skins are *a* consideration, but I don't think they'll rank higher than those others for the average buyer. Remember, people buy iPhones more than any other company just because the common perception is that iPhones are the best. Note the lack of differentiation with iOS's UI compared to other OS's. It's doesn't exactly stand out and yell "I'm unique".
    03-14-13 06:53 PM
135 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD