you only get speedy updates if you buy an unlocked nexus. If you're a contract person you have to deal with carrier delays anyway.
    This is a common misconception that has been debunked quite a while ago but I still see it occasionally.

This is the real way in which Nexus phones are updated: No carrier, has decided to get updates from Samsung. The carriers have absolutely nothing to do with Nexus updates. The is no 'Bell' Galaxy Nexus, nor is there a ATT or Rogers model. There is just the Country yakjuux build that Google decided to supply to that country's carriers.

Google and only Google develops Android and works on each version that gets released. When Google finishes the Yakju build it gets released and then they appear to contract the minor changes in regional builds to Samsung. What is the difference?

1. Radios 2. Language packs 3. Perhaps some apps are excluded for contract reasons or because services are not available in some countries yet.

All logical regional stuff that it would make sense to change and to contract to Samsung, a company that specializes in those kind of updates more so than Google. Then all updates are released directly from Google's servers. The lag between Google's yakju and the Samsung builds is a pain in the though.
    08-14-12 12:54 AM
    CyanogenMod.
    Cyanogen just finally got a stable release of ICS on the Galaxy Nexus. I wouldn't recommend that ROM to anyone.

Also, ROMs don't make your device more Nexus like.
    08-14-12 08:06 AM
    They have a couple of daily driver roms for the SGS3 as well, just not perfect yet, still waiting.
    08-14-12 09:21 AM
    This is a common misconception that has been debunked quite a while ago but I still see it occasionally.

This is the real way in which Nexus phones are updated: No carrier, has decided to get updates from Samsung. The carriers have absolutely nothing to do with Nexus updates. The is no 'Bell' Galaxy Nexus, nor is there a ATT or Rogers model. There is just the Country yakjuux build that Google decided to supply to that country's carriers.

Google and only Google develops Android and works on each version that gets released. When Google finishes the Yakju build it gets released and then they appear to contract the minor changes in regional builds to Samsung. What is the difference?

1. Radios 2. Language packs 3. Perhaps some apps are excluded for contract reasons or because services are not available in some countries yet.

All logical regional stuff that it would make sense to change and to contract to Samsung, a company that specializes in those kind of updates more so than Google. Then all updates are released directly from Google's servers. The lag between Google's yakju and the Samsung builds is a pain in the though.
    Well our demo Nexus at work is still waiting for the JB update. I have it check everyday

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    08-14-12 10:49 AM
    If it was on sprint then u would have jb already lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4g rockin jellybean using Tapatalk 2
    09-16-12 11:00 AM
    Cyanogen just finally got a stable release of ICS on the Galaxy Nexus. I wouldn't recommend that ROM to anyone.

Also, ROMs don't make your device more Nexus like.
    I respect you, but this is laughable. Their nightlies are 99% stable. And their stable releases are not any different - it's just the way they label things. Nightlies have experimental features while stable releases have little to no bugs at all. You'll see a glitch here and there, but whatever device has nightly support basically mean daily driver status.
    09-16-12 08:15 PM
    No. BlackBerry 10 Rocks and Rolls all over SIII. And everything else. If the UI takes two hands, it's crap. One-handed ease of use FTW.
    Hahaha the most foolish post ive seen in a while lol hahahaha

Sent from my white Epic 4g Touch
    09-21-12 10:55 AM
    Is it worth getting an SG3 now or is there a 4 coming?
    09-21-12 12:38 PM
    4 is coming and its rumored to have a screen that bends ,actually its rumored that the phone as whole will bend therefore making it very hard to break. apparently this screen uses very little battery. I have seen it in action and its pretty cool.
    09-21-12 01:17 PM
    Is it worth getting an SG3 now or is there a 4 coming?
    4 is coming and its rumored to have a screen that bends ,actually its rumored that the phone as whole will bend therefore making it very hard to break. apparently this screen uses very little battery. I have seen it in action and its pretty cool.
    Samsung has already stated that the rumors of the 4 were unfounded.
    09-21-12 04:11 PM
    SGS 3 looks like a cheap POS.
    Kind of like the last bb haha

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
    10-23-12 06:03 PM
    I made this video to illustrate how the Samsung Galaxy S3 runs flash websites.
    I am using the Dolphin browser and running three flash websites on different tabs
    - Live video cam feed: Discovery "Too Cute" kittens. The kitten cam is live, the kittens were asleep though. You could see a little movement in the corner.
    - Scale of the universe 2
    - Tag Galaxy

10-24-12 06:38 AM
    I see a couple of hardcore BB fans got this phone now.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    02-10-13 10:44 PM
    F Samsung. I could paint a margarine tub lid to look pretty and it'd be about as high quality as Samsung devices. Even their laptops are cheap flimsy crap, like their tablets. Their GPS radios are known to be mediocre at best. The SG3 is getting owned by LG now even on benchmarks. Samsung's entire mobile device division is garbage, and the only reason it keeps selling is because of the same people who made McDonald's junk food rich, buy into iPhone's total lack of new innovation just because it's a designer label, and allow TV shows like "Honey Boo Boo" to stay on the air. Seriously your culture is worse than the worst years of decay of any empire in history.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-13-13 10:31 AM
    Seems like BB10 is taking so long to be released in the US that Samsung is going to trump it twice over when the S4 is (supposedly) announced on March 14 for April availability:

Samsung Galaxy S4 Is Coming - ABC News

Things are really getting interested for the undecided among us longtime BB users.
    02-21-13 08:16 AM
    My list of Android phones that will be better than the S4 and out at the same time:

Motorola X
    Xperia Z
    HTC One
    LG Optimus G Pro

If the leaks are anything to go buy, it's going to be same ol' same ol' from Samsung: cheap plastic and a bug ugly physical home button.
    02-21-13 12:18 PM
    F Samsung. I could paint a margarine tub lid to look pretty and it'd be about as high quality as Samsung devices. Even their laptops are cheap flimsy crap, like their tablets. Their GPS radios are known to be mediocre at best. The SG3 is getting owned by LG now even on benchmarks. Samsung's entire mobile device division is garbage, and the only reason it keeps selling is because of the same people who made McDonald's junk food rich, buy into iPhone's total lack of new innovation just because it's a designer label, and allow TV shows like "Honey Boo Boo" to stay on the air. Seriously your culture is worse than the worst years of decay of any empire in history.
    Lol.

Sent from my Galaxy S 3 via JB 4.2.2 - thanks Tasks AOKP!
    02-21-13 12:48 PM
    Yeah I don't claim honey boo boo or any of that crap. Did all this reality stuff start in Europe?
    02-21-13 12:57 PM
    Hahahahaha sniff sniff is that hate I smell lol.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
    bp3dots likes this.
    02-22-13 07:12 PM
    Hahahahaha sniff sniff is that hate I smell lol.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
    That's a little strong, contempt would be closer. You appear to be hinting that it's jealousy by your reply but let me clear that up for you. When a junky product gains popularity due to widespread marketing, that encourages other manufacturers to follow with more junk and lowers the bar rather than raising it. I shouldn't really be directing my displeasure towards Samsung. The lack of taste of easily led buyers are more to blame. Yes I went there.

Sent from owning you using Tapatalk 2
    02-23-13 12:51 PM
    That's a little strong, contempt would be closer. You appear to be hinting that it's jealousy by your reply but let me clear that up for you. When a junky product gains popularity due to widespread marketing, that encourages other manufacturers to follow with more junk and lowers the bar rather than raising it. I shouldn't really be directing my displeasure towards Samsung. The lack of taste of easily led buyers are more to blame. Yes I went there.

You have a lot of contempt towards people in general. I'm not an easily led buyer, not by a long shot, and I still went sgs3 over iPhone 5 from my iPhone 4. It doesn't feel cheap. It doesn't behave cheaply. It's the most solid phone I've ever owned, yes even more than my iPhone 4 and curve 8330 from so long ago.

I get that you THINK it's a junky product, and that's your perogative. But it doesn't make it true.

02-24-13 09:17 AM
    You have a lot of contempt towards people in general. I'm not an easily led buyer, not by a long shot, and I still went sgs3 over iPhone 5 from my iPhone 4. It doesn't feel cheap. It doesn't behave cheaply. It's the most solid phone I've ever owned, yes even more than my iPhone 4 and curve 8330 from so long ago.

I get that you THINK it's a junky product, and that's your perogative. But it doesn't make it true.

"A new report from FixYa was published today with an in-depth study results on smartphone reliability scores. The company compiled information from over 720,000 phone issue reports and measured it against market share data from StatCounter. The result was a list of the most and least reliable handsets currently on sale. The iPhone came out top of the pile, some distance ahead of any of its competitors.

With a score of 3.47% it was 300% more reliable than Samsung�s handsets. The Korean tech company�s phones were given a lowly score of 1.21."

02-24-13 10:53 AM
    Yes. I'm aware of that report. In also know 7 people with a gs3 and all of us have 0 issues. Also a good chunk of what they listed as issues? Aren't what I would consider reliability issues. I consider that to be the phone failing. Not "customization issues"

You can keep posting reports all you want. I live with the phone.

I have seen almost 0 issues with any of the dozens of gs3s we've sold in our store. We've seen several of our iPhone 5s coming back for battery issues. More than we've seen with the gs3 to be sure.

cheekeebandito and Greenghost like this.
    02-24-13 01:59 PM
    Yes. I'm aware of that report. In also know 7 people with a gs3 and all of us have 0 issues. Also a good chunk of what they listed as issues? Aren't what I would consider reliability issues. I consider that to be the phone failing. Not "customization issues"

You can keep posting reports all you want. I live with the phone.

I have seen almost 0 issues with any of the dozens of gs3s we've sold in our store. We've seen several of our iPhone 5s coming back for battery issues. More than we've seen with the gs3 to be sure.

I find reports coming in from companies who deal specifically in repairs and/or complaints and collect statistical data on those to be by far the best indicator of how well a company is doing compared to another in terms of defects and reliability. It's plainly obvious this is far more reliable than the anecdotal evidence of one store employee. Apple destroys samsung in quality reports every year by a significant margin.

The only reason to consider Samsung is the same reason people will buy a Hyundai instead of Honda, who have a much higher and longer established worldwide reputation for quality sedans: Hyundai uses lower prices and includes more bells and whistles to lure you.

02-24-13 02:45 PM
    And again, I'm not sure why you're fanboying this. I own an iPhone. I own a GS3. You seem to have some vested interest in Samsung bashing. Your bias is showing.

Oh, and there's a $50 difference between the 5 and my GS3. If I'd wanted another iPhone, I'd have one. I don't cheap out on my cell phones, last time I did that was when the storm went to $140 no contract. I learned my lesson.

02-24-13 06:01 PM
135 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD