I am receiving my new Samsung Captivate tomorrow. I dont know why I didnt search this earlier. I keep hearing about email issues with Androids. I have (had) a Blackberry Storm. Never had email issues with my Storm. How bad is email on the Captivate/Android OS ?
    09-26-10 08:14 AM
    I too have heard numerous reports about email issues on Androids platform; especially Yahoo email (go figure). I thought hard about jumping to Android before I upgraded from my Tour to my Bold. I run a couple of side businesses along with my real job and email is too important to put into another platforms hands. And my company will not allow Android or iPhone on the Enterprise network due to security risks. That should tell you something.
    09-26-10 08:29 AM
    dont believe everything you read..there are no email problems with the platform like you describe
    09-26-10 08:57 AM
    dont believe everything you read..there are no email problems with the platform like you describe
    ^^ +1. Never had a single email issue with my SGS.
    Every platform has its issues, and if we only took issues in consideration, we'd never buy anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-10 09:10 AM
    I have a Gmail (just as fast as BB), Yahoo (takes about 10) minutes, and a personal (take 10-15) . I havent had any issues
    09-26-10 09:20 AM
    thanks for the reassurance everyone. makes me feel better about my choice. and yes, all phones have problems on one lever or another. i should know because im on my 4th Storm. though the problems were more related to hardware than software. once again, thanks
    09-26-10 09:34 AM
    Don't you worry one bit. Once you get it, you're going to wonder why you stuck with Blackberry for so long.
    09-26-10 09:36 AM
    So I guess you never experienced a BIS outage before? How's your email service when the BIS servers are down?
    09-26-10 02:11 PM
    Don't you worry one bit. Once you get it, you're going to wonder why you stuck with Blackberry for so long.
    Once you get into it, the blackberry won't even be an afterthought.
    09-26-10 02:13 PM
    I am receiving my new Samsung Captivate tomorrow. I dont know why I didnt search this earlier. I keep hearing about email issues with Androids. I have (had) a Blackberry Storm. Never had email issues with my Storm. How bad is email on the Captivate/Android OS ?
    Unless you have switched to AT&T, then you will be getting the Fascinate, not the Captivate.
    09-26-10 02:16 PM
    Let this answer come from someone that held out for a year because of E-mail:
    No truth to it. My work pop email is quicker on k9 then it ever was on blackberry.
    The Yahoo mail is fine..heck if anything the email is so quick it can be annoying LOL.
    09-26-10 02:53 PM
    My AT&T rep informed that the captivate is not the seller they had hoped. Most still chose the iPhone over a droid or torch. Interesting.
    09-26-10 03:05 PM
    My AT&T rep informed that the captivate is not the seller they had hoped. Most still chose the iPhone over a droid or torch. Interesting.
    That's AT&T alright, the iPhone is the flagship phone. :P

Maybe it's just me but everywhere I see on TV, movies/shows, news/sports casters, celebs etc all sporting a MacBook Pro in front of them or even waving around an iPod Touch or iPhone while on the move? Apple is obviously pushing their products to the public's eyes. Clever market strategy, but it's very annoying after a while.
    09-26-10 03:10 PM
    Only last weekend a mate came over to mine about 11pm just to show me his HTC Desire. All he could show me were silly apps like one that makes siren noises or some other non important stuff. Asked him to send me 2 emails... one to my gmail and one to my yahoo mail... they both took 10 minutes to get sent from the phone... exactly 10 mins to send a 1kb message saying "test"... what a joke. He also has a bold he uses for work.. sent me the email from it and received it in 5 - 10 secs on my 8520.

I then sent him one to receive on his gmail... dude tried to trick me and was pressing REFRESH thinking i wouldnt notice... it ain't push... Android is pull i.e it polls at set intervals unlike BB that pushes it to u. Plus all the time he was at mine he was chatting on his BB messenger.

Don't believe the people telling u otherwise... they have no choice and are forcing themselves to believe its on par with BB when they very well know its not.

BB rules ok!
    09-26-10 03:16 PM
    I agree. I was all set to use my upgrade on the captivate until the rep there kept saying how poor the battery life was and how many have returned theirs. I appreciated the rep being forthcoming with information, but I have a hard time trying to decide what has merit and what doesn't.

Do AT&T employees get stipend on types of phone sold?
    09-26-10 03:18 PM
    ^^ don't believe what BlackB says. :P
    09-26-10 03:20 PM
    ^^ don't believe what BlackB says. :P
    agreed, he is well, just wrong
    09-26-10 03:23 PM
    BB rules ok!
    Lol, funniest thing I've read all day.
    09-26-10 03:31 PM
    Only last weekend a mate came over to mine about 11pm just to show me his HTC Desire. All he could show me were silly apps like one that makes siren noises or some other non important stuff. Asked him to send me 2 emails... one to my gmail and one to my yahoo mail... they both took 10 minutes to get sent from the phone... exactly 10 mins to send a 1kb message saying "test"... what a joke. He also has a bold he uses for work.. sent me the email from it and received it in 5 - 10 secs on my 8520.

I then sent him one to receive on his gmail... dude tried to trick me and was pressing REFRESH thinking i wouldnt notice... it ain't push... Android is pull i.e it polls at set intervals unlike BB that pushes it to u. Plus all the time he was at mine he was chatting on his BB messenger.

Don't believe the people telling u otherwise... they have no choice and are forcing themselves to believe its on par with BB when they very well know its not.

BB rules ok!

Must be your coverage there. I just sent 7 picutres and 2 excel files and took 28 seconds. .....
    09-26-10 03:33 PM

BB rules ok!
    Total BS.Don't know why people have to make up stories to make their devices look better. I hope the op knows better than to listen to this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-10 03:44 PM
    Hes an etard. Like Gmail isnt going to function properly on a Google device.

Only reason he hasnt responded yet is he had to do a battery pull and its still loading .......
    09-26-10 03:47 PM

Only reason he hasnt responded yet is he had to do a battery pull and its still loading .......
    Quote of the day
    09-26-10 03:52 PM

Now that's the funniest thing I've read all day.
    09-26-10 04:03 PM
    You can have full push e-mail for all your accounts. Using Gmail as your own personal push mail server | Android Central
    09-26-10 04:13 PM
    Once again were faced with zealots trying to stay loyal to a stagnant platform...seriously fellas, you should really try a better argument than "bb has better email" its just not true anymore...at least on the same level it was a year or two ago - I have yet to see a compelling argument to stay with bb if your not forced to do so

Jack
    09-26-10 06:19 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD