Is there a program that i can download for my pc that will give me the same functions as desktop manager? I am going from a droid Eris to an incredible and i want to be able to just swap stuff over just like you can do with blackberries. Is there any such thing???
    04-28-10 02:55 PM
    Google syncs everything for you. You really don't need a desktop manager.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 04:22 PM
    Since Google syncs your contacts wirelessly into your Gmail account, and your marketplace purchases are kept track of, there really isnt anything you need to backup other than files on your SD card, which you can do through other means (like Windows backup ect)

When you get a new Android phone, all the contacts are downloaded and sync'd automatically, and your apps will be displayed in Marketplace for you to download.
    04-28-10 05:59 PM
    does it sync with Outlook or I am forced to use Google
    04-28-10 06:46 PM
    If you go the Incredible route, you can use HTC Sync to work with outlook.
    04-28-10 07:14 PM
    Does the market place keep track of free downloads also? When I rooted my Eris I had redownload everything and that is a pain when u have more than 60 apps. I guess I will have to live with no desktop manager.

04-28-10 08:12 PM
    yes, android has eliminated desktop manager software from your computer, damn robot! (thanks robot!) What a pain that crap is to have to micro manage!
    04-28-10 09:01 PM
    Appears like google sync will work. Just synced my Curve so I should be able to switch everything to the DI when it comes in later.
    04-29-10 09:07 AM
    Mobisynapse, it is free now!

Mobisynapse

It manages apps, music, videos, contacts, ringtones, SMS etc on Android through Mobisynapse software on PC. It also has backup and restore feature.

It is desktop software for android just like blackberry desktop manager on PC.
    lssanjose, xliderider and Jude526 like this.
    12-13-10 09:14 AM
    Just signed up. Will do wonders for Windows PCs; I hope they have, or will have Linux support. However, I know the latter may be a pipedream at best.
    12-13-10 09:41 AM
    Signed up for Mobisynapse and made a successful backup on my Windows 7 64 bit laptop.

However, I am unable to connect my Droid X to Mobisynapse on my Vista 64 bit desktop PC. I'm guessing because I never figured out why I can't get ADB working properly on this machine. Mobisynapse must use ADB to connect and function.
    12-13-10 01:45 PM
    Tried to download this it downloads the installer to my pc, then pc says installed, select icon and then tries to install again. What am I doing wrong?

12-18-10 06:30 PM
    Mobisynapse does use ADB to connect through usb between PC and android phone.

It looks like yours issue is adb driver missing or wrong version for your Droid X. I use Droid 2, it seems working fine.

I submitted a ticket to Mobisynapse support with my driver issue before. They said that Droid X should be supported. You can run the latest update to see how it goes.

If still an issue, submit a ticket:

Mobisynapse

Someone should be able to help you with the driver issue.

BTW, I would assume that you enabled "debugging mode" on your Droid X. If not, make sure you enable it. Here is a how-to:

How to enable the debugging mode on Android phone | Mobisynapse

Signed up for Mobisynapse and made a successful backup on my Windows 7 64 bit laptop.

However, I am unable to connect my Droid X to Mobisynapse on my Vista 64 bit desktop PC. I'm guessing because I never figured out why I can't get ADB working properly on this machine. Mobisynapse must use ADB to connect and function.
    01-03-11 01:16 AM
    What Windows OS are you using? XP, Vista or Windows 7?

I am using XP with Droid 2, it seems working fine. The FAQ on mobisynapse says that it should work on all XP, Vista and Windows 7.

Also, try to get an update on latest Mobisynapse, it adds Outlook contact sync and Android app market features. It helps me a big time on Outlook contact sync.

If still a problem with latest version of Mobisynapse, submit a ticket here for more help:

Mobisynapse

Tried to download this it downloads the installer to my pc, then pc says installed, select icon and then tries to install again. What am I doing wrong?

01-03-11 01:20 AM
    The only other thing I would like to be able to back up is my memo pad. I have so much info there. Is there any easy way to transfer this type of info?

01-03-11 06:37 PM
    Just signed up. Will do wonders for Windows PCs; I hope they have, or will have Linux support. However, I know the latter may be a pipedream at best.
    Or even those of us who are MacHeads.
    01-03-11 09:29 PM
    Is there a program that i can download for my pc that will give me the same functions as desktop manager? I am going from a droid Eris to an incredible and i want to be able to just swap stuff over just like you can do with blackberries. Is there any such thing???
    There is functionality in that friend. With android, everything is backed up without having to plug in. however, just a simple usb enable mass storage mode, drag and drop files or albums or pictures or libraries. It is that simple.
    01-03-11 09:42 PM
    The only other thing I would like to be able to back up is my memo pad. I have so much info there. Is there any easy way to transfer this type of info?

The good memo pad apps allow sd card backup. I recommend color note. Ze best.
    01-03-11 09:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD