This guy "John4Lakers" posted a pretty good comparison video for the DROID and iPhone. It's pretty lengthy.

11-02-09 12:38 PM
    This guy "John4Lakers" posted a pretty good comparison video for the DROID and iPhone. It's pretty lengthy.

Seemed like a pretty fair & balanced comparison. Considering that the iPhone has been out for a few years now and the Android 2.0 platform still isn't even out yet, I'd have to say that Android is almost equal with Apple already. Give Droid a couple of years, and I'm willing to bet that Google Android will surpass Apple by a long shot.
    11-02-09 01:28 PM
    Wow. That just made me want this phone more. Considering my local Verizon store has 150 in stock - and may have more arriving - I think I'll be able to snag one.
    11-02-09 02:17 PM
    Wow. That just made me want this phone more. Considering my local Verizon store has 150 in stock - and may have more arriving - I think I'll be able to snag one.
    I have a friend who is putting one aside for me. I am taking Fri off.
    I can't believe I am doing this.
    But I'm still cool though
    11-02-09 03:52 PM
    Seemed like a pretty fair & balanced comparison. Considering that the iPhone has been out for a few years now and the Android 2.0 platform still isn't even out yet, I'd have to say that Android is almost equal with Apple already. Give Droid a couple of years, and I'm willing to bet that Google Android will surpass Apple by a long shot.
    I agree with Android surpassing Apple in the future. Open source is key and is the future.
    11-02-09 03:53 PM
    Yeah definitely ditching my Storm2 for it.
    11-02-09 04:04 PM
    I also think the android marketplace is going to explode over the next year with all these new handsets coming out.

So then we'll have to sort though 30 versions of a farting app like the iphone.
    11-02-09 04:34 PM
    Cool, thanks for the link, very useful. My Dad is trying to switch from Verizon to AT&T to get the iPhone and I'm trying to talk him out of it. This video may be the key to that. Only thing I'm worried about is that I've heard Android 2.0 still is not incredibly intuitive, so may not be the best phone for my Dad?
    11-02-09 04:36 PM
    lol @ Kev83202. that's all we need -- an iPhone-like app store full of garbage apps.

@ NDonline -- there are a ton of videos demonstrating Android 2.0 all over the Net. From what I've seen, an old granny could figure out how to use and Android phone. I'm not sure who wrote that the OS isn't intuitive - probably an iPhone fan boi wrote that?
    11-02-09 04:42 PM
    That's the most "Open Minded" review I've ever seen.
    11-02-09 05:12 PM
    I also think the android marketplace is going to explode over the next year with all these new handsets coming out.

So then we'll have to sort though 30 versions of a farting app like the iphone.
    Verizon rep told me today he was on the Android Marketplace while he was training/learning the Droid, and he found 200 fart apps already there. But he said that the way the counter picked them up, it was counting as one app, since there were 200 sounds.

And then he told me he couldn't go get it, because Nationwide, if you let a customer play with one early, that's automatic dismissal.
    11-02-09 07:51 PM
    way does the iphone look so much bigger even the screen is bigger-----
    11-02-09 09:19 PM
    way does the iphone look so much bigger even the screen is bigger-----
    The camera adds .25".
    11-02-09 09:40 PM
    That was a great review. He admitted that he was an iphone user, but didn't let that affect his review. Nice.
    11-02-09 09:58 PM
    DAMN.... That is an awesome video. I'm buying some Motorola stock now for sureeeeeeeeee LOL
    11-02-09 10:47 PM
    Great review, I am even more excited for the Droid now!
    11-02-09 11:04 PM
    I'll eventually drop my iPhone (or put it to the side) for Android, but definitely not with that ugly device or Verizon. Hopefully HTC can come up with exactly what I'm looking for. The capacitive screen is a must + AT&T's UMTS for simultaneous voice & data.
    11-02-09 11:53 PM
    I'll eventually drop my iPhone (or put it to the side) for Android, but definitely not with that ugly device or Verizon. Hopefully HTC can come up with exactly what I'm looking for. The capacitive screen is a must + AT&T's UMTS for simultaneous voice & data.
    Everyone has their own opinion of course, but I can't possibly see how the Droid is "ugly". Sure, it's not as curvy as the iPhone (or other devices), but the angular lines and the overall design refreshes what once made Motorola a great phone company. Just wait, the overall thinness of this device will change the mind's of people (yes, from personal experience ).

Of course, like I mentioned earlier, everyone has their own opinions.
    11-03-09 01:56 AM
    I can't possibly see how the Droid is "ugly". Sure, it's not as curvy as the iPhone (or other devices)
    I dislike curvy lines on my electronic devices. When Apple curved the lines of the new iPod touch, I very much disliked it compared to my old more squarish touch.

I held the Droid in my hand last night and love the way it looks and feels.
    11-03-09 08:19 AM
    yea droid for me, dont need 300 fart apps, but seems as tho a third of bb apps are to help it run better..
    11-03-09 03:48 PM
    Yeah, I'm definitely going to wait for several iterations of the Droid 2.0 OS to come out from multiple handset manufacturers. The Motorola's physical design looks like it took them all of 5 minutes to draft. What's with the tongue at the bottom? A d-pad, in 2009? A keyboard straight from some POS slider phone from 2002.
    11-03-09 04:33 PM
    Yeah, I'm definitely going to wait for several iterations of the Droid 2.0 OS to come out from multiple handset manufacturers. The Motorola's physical design looks like it took them all of 5 minutes to draft. What's with the tongue at the bottom? A d-pad, in 2009? A keyboard straight from some POS slider phone from 2002.
    cant get fancy on keyboard if u want thin. most androids have trackballs..the tongue is housing the antenna and speaker..
    11-04-09 03:08 PM
    Keyboard is great in hand. It's very balanced, easy to hold and thin without being too thin if that makes sense . Users will get used to it in a few hours.

Overall the phone is so damn solid. It's insane to hold it and see how thin it is yet it has weight to it.

Motorola did an awesome job on this phone. People will not be disappointed.
    11-04-09 03:16 PM
    cant get fancy on keyboard if u want thin. most androids have trackballs..the tongue is housing the antenna and speaker..
    Definitely understand the constraints when designing an ultra thin device. I'm just saying that I've been burned too many times in the past adopting first gen devices, and I really think Motorola could have done better with the hardware design. I mean really, a d-pad?

I believe we'll start to see many new devices with better form factors come out over the next year running Android 2.0 that will make people look at their Droid like it's an ancient design. It already looks old to me. I realize that in today's world of technology development, if all you want to do is wait for the next, best design, all you'll do is wait since something new seems to come along every week. It's about what's available now, and does that product work for you. I'm sure there will be many people that buy the Droid that never regret it for one minute and it's great when that happens. For me, the Droid hardware seems outdated before it's even released.
    11-04-09 04:20 PM
    That was a great review, but I have to say that if the iphone was on Verizon i would still be getting one over the droid, and I bet there are many people on here that feel the same way even if they won't openly admit it. As it stands there is no way I woulod ever switch to AT&T. I live in the Baltimore/Washington metro area and there service still sucks. The storm didn't come close to the coolness factor of the iphone. It looks like the droid is close. I just wish I didn't have to carry a cell phone and an i-pod. I know I could put music on the droid, but I like i-tunes and my car has an interface that only works with ipods.
    11-04-09 06:14 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD