The D2 is getting an update soon, rumor is its starting at midnight. Can anybody with a D2 confirm this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-10 12:40 AM
    Yes. To start it yourself go to settings>about>system updates. I'm just getting ready to install it.
    10-28-10 03:44 AM
    Just a quick update after I installed this. Everything seem to have gone well. The update claims to offer improvements to the touch screen sensitivity, improved battery life and some other things. You can find that information by clicking the link on the update download screen mentioned in my previous post.

Here's a link to the pdf file explaining what's new in this update: http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/droid_2.pdf
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 10-28-10 at 04:50 AM.
    10-28-10 04:09 AM
    This looks like a normal sw update, not the Gingerbread release.
    10-28-10 11:58 AM
    That's my guess too. Nothing seems terribly different functionally.
    10-28-10 12:03 PM
    Oh ok. Well I can only hope the Dx gets this soon and fix all the issues brought on by froyo

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-10 01:49 PM
    D2 getting 2.3, that sounds like what us droid x users got for froyo. I sure hope this is not the same version, if it is I would suggest D2 owners proceed with caution, look at all the problems droid x users are having. It is lovely to have our ringtones change and even silent themselves on their own.
    10-28-10 10:55 PM
    I checked my phone and it says there is no update.
    10-29-10 12:38 AM
    Lol the D2 will definitely NOT be the first device with Gingerbread. The update you guys are getting just fixes bugs and improves upon other features. It is still Froyo.
    10-29-10 04:32 PM
    I'm a bit annoyed that Verizon forced VZ Navigator on my device as I'll never use it. First, I refuse to pay $10 a month for navigation. Secondly, I have Google Maps if I need a mobile navigation unit. Thirdly, my car has a built in factory unit that blows VZ Navigator out of the water. Especially since it lowers my music temporary when it has a notification so I don't have to worry about it.

Oh well, these forced applications do suck. I can't imagine anyone actually asked for VZ Navigator to be pre-loaded.
    11-02-10 03:01 AM
    Checked for the update yesterday and it was available, installed very quickly and with no issues. I did lose Root, which is common and I expected. I re-rooted today, battery life is very good, screens definitley slide smoother. I also like the lockscreen, they moved the slide to unlock up, and centered the clock...
    11-03-10 04:56 PM
    I hate this, the Fascinate is still on 2.1.
    11-05-10 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD