Downloaded it and installed it last night. Seems to be running really smooth.

I highly recommend the update if you are up to the challenge...and i know you know here to find it and know the risk involved.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-10 07:39 AM
    what about the camera and gapps ? No problem with market ?
    08-30-10 09:18 AM
    what about the camera and gapps ? No problem with market ?
    I've yet to experience any problems. But when ever i do an update i always NanDroid Backup > Wipe > Flash ROM > Flash Google Apps.

Camera is working Flawlessly and Market is working for me.

In fact i just snapped this picture with my MyTouch
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-1...CKjIov8M&hl=en < goes to my Google docs.

Last edited by mjneid; 08-30-10 at 09:42 AM.
    08-30-10 09:30 AM
    Tell me, with this rom, could you install the apps on the sd card (A2SD) ? if so, how did you create your ext3 partition ?
    08-30-10 10:11 AM
    Tell me, with this rom, could you install the apps on the sd card (A2SD) ? if so, how did you create your ext3 partition ?
    Honestly i don't run that many applications.
    IMDb
    Moviefone
    TweetDeck
    Wi-Fi Tether
    aCar
    Swapper2
    Auto Memory Manager

and thats pretty much it....

I haven't looked into kicking the apps over to my SD Card...

08-30-10 11:10 AM
    Is this some sort of "leak/hybrid" type thing?
    08-30-10 11:16 AM
    Is this some sort of "leak/hybrid" type thing?
    It's a Custom ROM by the guys @ Cyanogen(mod).

Basically Cyanogen makes ROMs for phones like Magic and Dream that the carrier stopped caring about.

and they make new and improved ROMs for newer phones.

You do have to have your phone rooted, and be willing to learn and understand that one bad move and the phone is bricked, IE 300 dollar paper weight.

08-30-10 11:26 AM
    No problems with gapps or market here. Working great so far.
    08-30-10 01:02 PM
    Just found a really cool little add on...

When you go to reboot the device it'll prompt you to reboot normally

into boot loader

or into RECOVERY mode

08-30-10 01:02 PM
    Wait a second......I thought that android phones was suppose to be "so superior" out of the box? So why do people need to put ROMS, rooting, etc. if android phones are suppose to be superior?

Plus wasn't this one of the things that everyone criticizes BB/RIM about?

What about the whole reboot/battery pull thing as well? I have seen on a few websites, including CB, that people have had to do a battery pull. I had to do 2 last week myself. So why do people make it like it NEVER HAPPENS?

It's just funny to me that people basically are doing the same stuff on android phones that they did on BB's.
    08-30-10 01:16 PM
    Yep. CM6 has been stable for EVO since the 28th. I've been running CM6 off and on since RC1 was released (July 25th). Cyanogen is probably the best dev in the business right now. He actually builds these AOSP ROMs from the ground, up and they are ultra customizable.

I'm not sure about other device versions, but the stable release for EVO has the option to enable JIT (Just In Time) compiler and Compcache (which compresses vitual memory) making device smoking fast and efficient....add UV/OC CM-Snap kernel and you have a f****ng beast!
    08-30-10 01:17 PM
    Wait a second......I thought that android phones was suppose to be "so superior" out of the box? So why do people need to put ROMS, rooting, etc. if android phones are suppose to be superior?

What about the whole reboot/battery pull thing as well? I have seen on a few websites, including CB, that people have had to do a battery pull. I had to do 2 last week myself. So why do people make it like it NEVER HAPPENS?

It's just funny to me that people basically are doing the same stuff on android phones that they did on BB's.

Android devices ARE superior out of the box...period. People just want to "hotrod" them out a little. Think of it as boring and stroking the motor on an already fast muscle car...then throwing a 4 barrel performance carb in the mix.
    08-30-10 01:22 PM

Okay Put OS6 on a 8330.

That is basically what Cyanogen did by putting together CM6 for the Dream and Magic.

We aren't "doing the same thing" that RIM allowed us to do... we are doing stuff RIM doesn't allow us to do.

And androids are superior out of box, Cyanogen and XDA make superior - better.

08-30-10 01:23 PM
    Not to make this another Android IS better thread. But to answer your question...

It IS superior out of the box. What you're seeing here in reference to ROMs, rooting., etc is for the people who CHOOSE to do it to make it EVEN more superior, icing on the cake. LOL.

What people were installing on their BBs came from RIM so that's not even close in comparison.
    08-30-10 01:23 PM
    Android devices ARE superior out of the box...period. People just want to "hotrod" them out a little. Think of it as boring and stroking the motor on an already fast muscle car...then throwing a 4 barrel performance carb in the mix.
    well played and with stuff like JIT it's adding a little boost an some NO2.

and with Custom ROM we can take stuff from other ROMs and throw it on ours to make ours just the way we like v. the bread and butter format that RIM gives out.

08-30-10 01:24 PM
    well played and with stuff like JIT it's adding a little boost an some NO2.

and with Custom ROM we can take stuff from other ROMs and throw it on ours to make ours just the way we like v. the bread and butter format that RIM gives out.

H3llz yeah! I love the customization that rooting gives you.
    Last edited by 12MaNy; 08-30-10 at 01:32 PM.
    08-30-10 01:29 PM
    H3llz yeah! I love the customization that rooting gives you.
    Oh well i guess when people have been eating Bread and butter so long when they see stake and taters they wonder WTF?!?! and throw some A1 sauce in and they are all confused....

08-30-10 01:37 PM
    Oh well i guess when people have been eating Bread and butter so long when they see stake and taters they wonder WTF?!?! and throw some A1 sauce in and they are all confused....
    Lmfao!!!
    08-30-10 01:50 PM

Trust me.....anybody in their right mind would say WTF too if they saw "stake and taters" on their plate.

Since you help explain what I am so confused about.....Let me help you with something more important in life......Spelling.

Stake and taters is spelled Steak and potatoes. Of course you will say I know that, but just in case you didn't.

Your welcome.
    Last edited by Itzdatdude; 08-30-10 at 04:33 PM.
    08-30-10 02:07 PM
    Trust me.....anybody in their right mind would say WTF too if they saw "stake and taters" on their plate.

Since you help explain what I am so confused about.....Let me help you with something more important in life......Spelling.

Stake and taters is spelled Steak and potaoes. Of course you will say I know that, but just in case you didn't.

Your welcome.
    Says the girl who misspelled "supposed" twice in her first rant. Go away now, troll.
    08-30-10 02:10 PM

Stake and taters is spelled Steak and potaoes. Of course you will say I know that, but just in case you didn't.

Your welcome.

dude it was a joke i'm sorry you didn't get it.

08-30-10 02:10 PM
    Says the girl who misspelled "supposed" twice in her first rant. Go away now, troll.
    If I was speaking in the past tense then it would have a "D" on the end.......genius.

Oh I get it......My bag yo.

I know they have laws now against discriminating against g**s.

Once again I apologize. But let me ask.....did I spell all my words right lmao.

GTFO BODH lol
    08-30-10 02:26 PM
    If I was speaking in the past tense then it would have a "D" on the end.......genius.

Oh I get it......My bag yo.

I know they have laws now against discriminating against g**s.

Once again I apologize. But let me ask.....did I spell all my words right lmao.

GTFO BODH lol

teh joke was the misspelling of the words.

"steak and potatoes" in the south are commonly called "steak and taters"... "taters" being short for potato

and we know not everyone from the south is not the sharpest knife in the cutting block.

08-30-10 02:37 PM
    dude it was a joke i'm sorry you didn't get it.

Mine was a joke too. So now we're even.
    08-30-10 02:39 PM
    Installed it on my Moto Droid during my lunch break and forget to install the Google add-on and I felt lost lol.

I was running the Lithium Mod and right off the bat I can see a huge improvement with the battery performance with this new ROM installed.

So far so good!!!
    08-30-10 06:35 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD