Cliff notes:

I have had the OG storm since it's release (seems like 3 years!).

I know BB is falling behind the times and want to get an Android.

I did my research and figured the SGS2 is a beast and I would wait for it.

However the wait is longer than I anticipated and my Storm is slowly dying. I think I had to pull the battery 5 times today and trying to use a feature like GPS causes it to freeze, restart, and drain the battery down to nothing.

So I keep waiting for the SGS2 to hit Verizon? Or do I get something else? If something else, what? I am not in an area with 4G but if 4G ever makes it to the sticks of upstate NY I am sure it would be nice. I would like a phone with specs good enough to keep till my next new every 2 (if I decide to) and battery life is very important.

Thanks!

BTW, seeing that wirefly has the DINC2 for 50$ for contract extensions, in my mind it's the front runner.
    06-13-11 07:52 PM
    If battery life is most important I doubt you will be using a 4g phone at all...
    06-13-11 08:15 PM
    Just wait.
    Always worth it.

Downgrade to 4.7
    Survive with no apps.
    Upgrade to SGS2

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-11 08:18 PM
    No Android will give you a decent battery life without needing a car charger, a secondary or extended battery, and some daily power saving maneuvers.

06-13-11 11:05 PM
    As for your storm problams. Download bbsak and the latest os version for your phone. Wipe your phone with bbsak and load the os with bbsak and your phone "should" be close to new status. Always works for me when my bold bogs down a little bit.

06-13-11 11:35 PM
    No Android will give you a decent battery life without needing a car charger, a secondary or extended battery, and some daily power saving maneuvers.

Disagree with you here..I get really "decent" battery life on my Atrix..and this is without any "powersaving" apps like Juice Defender or anything. I can get minimum 13 hours with heavy use (and while everyone's idea of heavy is different..I go by "screen on time" which is usually around 5 hrs) or can easily get over 24 hrs if I'm just using it like a normal person would.
    06-14-11 11:36 AM
    Buy a used Galaxy S (Fascinate), or Droid X off of Craigslist for $150, and wait for the S2.
    06-14-11 04:17 PM
    Get the incredible 2. You will like it. If you're in an LTE area get the thunderbolt.
    06-14-11 05:37 PM
    I have to agree that all the complaints about battery life is overblown. I would get 6-8 hours of screen time on my Tour. I get 5-8 hours of screen time on my SGS. It is just more noticeable on my Mez since it is in my hand a lot more.

I agree that you should try wiping your Storm and loading a fresh OS onto it. You might need to load a couple fewer apps to keep the memory clear, but that should tie you over until the SGS2 gets released.
    06-14-11 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD