Trying to copy text from the browser on an Android phone is difficult. I tried it on the Droid and the Eris. The BlackBerry is the best at copying text. The iPhone is also user friendly at selecting text to copy. On android phones you touch where the text begin. If you lift up your finger the text is copied. I had to lift up my finger to see if I was selecting the correct word, I wasn't finished. Very frustrating. Then there were some words on the page it wouldn't copy.
    It's very easy to copy on my BlackBerry. Just the other day I was copying the playoff schedule for the NBA playoffs, and pasting it into my calendar. I copied the text, hit the alt-key and Esc key to switch to my calendar to paste. I kept doing this until I had all the games I wanted to see added to my calendar.
    Why is the copy and paste feature on Android so horrible???
    I was looking into getting the HTC Incredible when it comes out. If it uses the same Copy and Paste method, I may just stay with BlackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-10 03:40 PM

copy and paste from the browser looks decent. Don't think they made it OS-wide though.
    04-21-10 03:45 PM
    Copy and Paste is WAY better on Sense UI than it is on the stock Android UI. If you not rooted, then root your device and install Sense UI if you don't have it. I have a Nexus One and it comes with the stock Android 2.1.
    04-21-10 03:58 PM
    Copy and Paste is WAY better on Sense UI than it is on the stock Android UI. If you not rooted, then root your device and install Sense UI if you don't have it. I have a Nexus One and it comes with the stock Android 2.1.
    I tried it on the Eris and it was not too much better. I was able to use the trackball on the Eris, which helped some. There were some areas on the webpage where the trackball would not navigate to so I could select the text. It was kind of jerky as well.
    As for the Droid, it was not good at all. I only able to select text within the viewing window. It would no scroll down the page to allow me to select additional text.
    04-21-10 04:26 PM
    Ha! Try to copy and paste on a Storm.
    04-21-10 04:31 PM

copy and paste from the browser looks decent. Don't think they made it OS-wide though.
    After watching the video of how the copy and paste feature will be on the Incredible, it is a lot better than the stock Android OS.
    He mentioned that there's no Copy & Paste feature in Email
    That's a real bummer.
    Does anyone know a work around for being able to Copy & Paste Email?
    04-21-10 04:33 PM
    Yeah, I'm running the SenseUI port from the desire on my droid and the copy/paste in the browser is a lot better. I can't for the life of me get it to work in the gmail app.
    04-21-10 04:49 PM
    Copy and paste is easy if you use the phy keyboard.
    04-21-10 04:56 PM
    The only way I have found is to access the mobile gmail site.
    04-21-10 04:56 PM
    That sucks!!!
    So basically it's very similar to the GMail app I have installed on my BlackBerry. I use the GMail app to pull up old and archived Email that I deleted from my phone. The GMail app on my BlackBerry won't allow me to copy, but I can simply forward it to my BlackBerry Email address, and copy it from my BlackBerry message box if I need to copy old messages. Having to go to the mobile site each time to copy text from an Email is not good. Most phones can do that by going to the website. I figured since this is a Google product, they would allow more features
    for the GMail app on the Droid, in comparison to the one on my phone. Guess not.

Last edited by cdf3; 04-21-10 at 06:11 PM.
    04-21-10 05:29 PM
    Android is still relatively new. Give it time and wait for updates. I'm sure we'll see universal copy&paste in the next OS update.
    04-21-10 06:00 PM
    Android is still relatively new. Give it time and wait for updates. I'm sure we'll see universal copy&paste in the next OS update.
    Are you able to copy and paste from sms messages?
    04-21-10 06:12 PM
    Ha! Try to copy and paste on a Storm.
    Beat me to it.

Storm copy and paste just plain sucks.
    04-21-10 06:21 PM
    The BlackBerry is the best at copying text.
    qft. that is for any blackberry with a physical keyboard.
    04-21-10 08:34 PM
    Droid's copy and paste is just as good as the BB's when you use the physical keyboard.
    Last edited by killswitchX13; 04-22-10 at 05:45 AM.
    04-21-10 08:42 PM
    Are you able to copy and paste from sms messages?
    Yes. And MMS messages. I'm not possitive off memory if it works on stock, but in Handcent (best MMS/SMS app if you dont have Sense UI) you just long press on the message to get a menu with the option to Copy it.
    04-21-10 10:45 PM
    i like incredible copy and paste better than iphone
    04-22-10 05:27 AM
    Droid's copy and paste is just as good as the BB's when you use the physical keyboard.
    Ummm yeah.... Other than the droid keyboard is an abortion and there's no tracball / tracpad
    .. And I do love my Droid. Mostly....

04-22-10 11:58 AM
    aside from the fact that bb allows copy/paste in more areas than the droid.
    04-22-10 12:36 PM
    Where on a blackberry can you copy and paste that you can't on the Droid?
    04-22-10 01:04 PM
    Where on a blackberry can you copy and paste that you can't on the Droid?
    email for starters. you can't copy text from an old email message and paste it into a new email.
    04-22-10 01:26 PM
    Have you tried holding shift on the physical keyboard and swiping across the text? That works for me in gmail.
    04-22-10 01:29 PM
    Have you tried holding shift on the physical keyboard and swiping across the text? That works for me in gmail.
    you're right! i hadn't used the physical keyboard for so long i forgot about that shortcut.
    04-22-10 01:45 PM
    Ummm yeah.... Other than the droid keyboard is an abortion and there's no tracball / tracpad
    .. And I do love my Droid. Mostly....

i don't want a trackpad. i'd rather have a d-pad or a trackball. the trackpad on android phones look stupid imo..tried it on the incredible and it sucked lol
    04-22-10 02:02 PM
    only thing about the dpad on the droid is that it's a little too flat, as is the keyboard, but i've gotten used to it. it is the one area that could use the most improvement though. as for a trackball it just seems like ancient technology and prone to failure. it's easy to render the trackball useless and it's a pain to take apart a device to try and fix it. same reason blackberry is putting a trackpad on all their newer phones. it's just a better design, although it does take some getting used to.

the evo won't have any of the above, which may not be a deal breaker but i like having the option. comes in handy when precision is needed.
    04-22-10 02:19 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD