I am having an issue where my Droid is going into a constant boot cycle for at least 30 minutes before it resolves itself. I returned my first Droid (kept origninal SD card) for this same condition, so I'm guessing it is not the phone itself causing this. I am rooted, running DM 1.0 Rom and OC to 800Mhz. The phone seems to operate fine all day long and will start this cycle at night. When in this cycle it will restart about every 5 - 45 seconds, sometimes only making it as far as the splash page, other times some applications will be loading and functional before it reboots. I have tried removing various recently installed applications, etc. to no avail. The one thing that I think (although can't be sure) may be related is while in this cycle, it will not recognize the existence of the SD card. Not sure is this is a sympton or possibly the cause of the reboots.

Once it finally settles down and recognizes the SD card, the phone will then function fine. Today, I could not get the phone to stop with the restarts and had to do a Nandroid restore of yesterday's backup to make it functional. Do I have a bad SD card?, bad Rom, an application conflict, any ideas?

I have reflashed the ROM, done a Nandroid restore all with the same result. Is there a log file or something that might give me a clue as to what is going on.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    03-02-10 09:58 AM
    could be the rom or the overclocking that's causing it. try keeping your clock speed at 600 for a day or two and see if it still happens. if it doesn't happen again then the overclock is likely your problem and you may want to try a different kernel or stay at a lower clock speed. if it does happen again then there's probably an issue with the rom on your phone and you should try a different one. good luck!
    03-02-10 10:44 AM
    I had the same issue over the weekend on an unrooted phone. i havent downloaded any new apps recently and suddenly the phone cut off and started a constant reboot cycle. the motorola 'M' would come up, say droid, then the red eye would come up and cut off and say droid again and the eye..... over and over. gave it all night until the next afternoon and never would stop. took it to verizon and they gave me a new one no questions. they said they hadnt seen this on a droid. only thing similar is when they said someone had tried to remove the sd card without unmounting first or something.
    03-02-10 12:01 PM
    could be the rom or the overclocking that's causing it. try keeping your clock speed at 600 for a day or two and see if it still happens. if it doesn't happen again then the overclock is likely your problem and you may want to try a different kernel or stay at a lower clock speed. if it does happen again then there's probably an issue with the rom on your phone and you should try a different one. good luck!
    I agree. There are some Droid processors out there that love to be overclocked then there are some that cant handle it. You may have one of those that cant.
    03-02-10 01:09 PM
    Try a different sd card and see if it will have difficulties to load.
    03-02-10 03:12 PM
    Had the same issue right when it said preparing sd card ...poof reboot. The solution believe this or not is to turn off the SD card notification. Worked for me no problems since....
    03-04-10 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD