Today, I was devastated to learn that my company does not, and will not, support Android phones because Android does not support a remote wipe capability. Someone please tell me that Android 2.0 will have a remote wipe capability. Please.
    11-02-09 04:01 PM
    11-02-09 04:43 PM
    That's not what the OP means. The admins want remote wipe from within the ActiveSync Console on the domain controller. I have to say... if this is true, that's a big turnoff for Enterprise users and admins. I would have thought Android would have had RemoteWipe by now... which reminds me... I still have to certify Android for my user base, so I'll be testing this pretty soon as well. I know we wouldn't have allowed iPhone in the enterprise if they couldn't be remote wiped from the server.
    11-02-09 05:17 PM
    I noticed SmrtGuard appears to be available for Android.

I know this is still not the same thing, but wanted to throw another option out there.
    11-02-09 05:32 PM
    Wtf????...
    12-02-09 09:18 AM
    i realize it isnt the same, but one of the android devs challenge winners is a app wavesecure that gives you remote wipe capabilities online.
    Last edited by Caddyman; 12-02-09 at 10:03 AM.
    12-02-09 09:21 AM
    This shouldn't be a big surprise. With the serious limitations in the ActiveSync support, it was already clear that making Android 2.0 a legit player in the Enteprise market was not a priority.
    12-02-09 09:56 AM
    Android doesn't support Active Sync security policies, which includes remote wipe capabilities.

I mentioned this in another thread, here is some info:

Active Sync Policies and Android 2.0 on Motorola Droid - Verizon Community

Issue 4475 - android - Support for ActiveSync provisioning protocol - Project Hosting on Google Code

The app 'Touchdown' might work since it does support the policies, but from what I hear its hit or miss.
    12-02-09 10:26 AM
    That's not what the OP means. The admins want remote wipe from within the ActiveSync Console on the domain controller. I have to say... if this is true, that's a big turnoff for Enterprise users and admins. I would have thought Android would have had RemoteWipe by now... which reminds me... I still have to certify Android for my user base, so I'll be testing this pretty soon as well. I know we wouldn't have allowed iPhone in the enterprise if they couldn't be remote wiped from the server.
    Is MobileAdmin installed on your Exchange boxes? I've remote wiped iPhones before using this..

I haven't tested Android, but I do see them as showing up under MobileAdmin..
    12-02-09 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD