I have been using Android and WP7 a lot lately. I am thinking about picking up a Torch. I do a lot of email so its a plus to have a bberry. But I do watch a lot of Youtube, and do a lot of browsing. The last bberry I had really struggled in both of those areas. Is the Torch any different. I have read the reviews but just looking for some actual user thoughts.
    12-09-10 09:28 PM
    I use y tube a lot and am on the net all day and its almost as fast as my internet on my pc s in my house ..........I think the phone is a pretty awsome phone in my opinion .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-10 09:34 PM
    I almost bought an android when i bought my torch but the guy at Future Shop said I would probably be happier with the blackberry. I think he was right cause i can't put it down.
    12-09-10 11:29 PM
    The Torch with OS6 and the new webkit browser takes the BB up to a way higher level than previous BB's. I have no issues with youtube or web browsing. Very good performance on my wi-fi and decent OTA if you have a strong signal.

The screen although not quite as good as the iPhone or the Andriod phones is a vast improvement over any past BB's and is quite good for the majority of uses the 9800 is designed for. If you're into watching HD movies on your phone, the 9800 is probably not your best choice.

However, if email, messaging, contacts, calendar, and security are what you use daily, the 9800 is hard to beat. Not to mention the phone actually makes and receives calls without issues and you get better battery life than the iPhone or most Android phones too.

So far I'm happy with mine.
    12-09-10 11:37 PM
    I have both a Captivate and a Torch, and I prefer the youtube/browsing experience on the Captivate. However, that has more to do with screen real estate than anything else. Also, I would like to add that while flick-scrolling is much smoother on the Captivate, the all-around touch accuracy seems better on the Torch.

When it comes to contacts, there are things I wish I could bring together from both platforms into one phone. On the Captivate, Samsung has built in a feature where you can bring up a contact and then either swipe right to call, or left to text. On the Torch you can call up a contact, and if there is a connection with facebook or twitter, you can see their latest update, as well as a history of your interaction with that particular contact, right in the contact app itself. (The social-network integration on the Torch blows Android out of the water IMO.)

As for email, messaging, calender and call quality, it's Torch all the way. Just my 2 cents.
    12-10-10 04:04 AM
    Couldn't agree more with these comments. My Torch works flawlessly with Youtube and browsing. Truly, it is on par with my son's iPhone. No complaints from me.
    12-10-10 07:33 AM
    Yea I agree with most the comments. I had a captivate and the iPhone 4 the only thing I miss from either are some of the games. If you're a heavy app user you might have some problems with the torch but when it comes to browsing and youtube the torch is just as good.

12-10-10 12:17 PM
    One thing I did not like about the torch and youtube was the fact that it wouldn't buffer the video completely. Id always get a few seconds in and it would pause to buffer. Where as the captivate I can pause the video to allow the complete buffer then play. I live in a bad art area so hence my problem. Over wifi I never really had a problem with streaming video and the quality wasn't too bad on the torch.

I loved getting emails almost instantly and any new notification was easy to spot with the led on top.

12-10-10 01:16 PM
    I'd say the torch bc I have one. I came from iphone and I don't miss it one bit, not even for web browsing. I have never tried an android, but I have heard tje battery is not good. To tell u the truth there is something about this phone that I just love. I can't put it down either.

12-12-10 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD