Did I ever say that maleware for BlackBerry is inexistant?
    The point, that nothing of what I said is untrue, still stands.

Posted via CB10
    Now i see where you're coming from. You tell the truth, but leave out the bad stuff that relates to BB. If Lindsay Lohan called her connection with a BB, you would preach about the evils of drugs, and that's it. If she called using an iPhone or an Android, that fact would be included in your anti-drug tirade. You just like to stir the pot.
    05-25-13 09:51 PM
    Now i see where you're coming from. You tell the truth, but leave out the bad stuff that relates to BB. If Lindsay Lohan called her connection with a BB, you would preach about the evils of drugs, and that's it. If she called using an iPhone or an Android, that fact would be included in your anti-drug tirade. You just like to stir the pot.
    But still entertaining none the less

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 09:56 PM
    If that is what you think, I suggest you look at some other threads in here, and see what I wrote there.

I do not care for celebrity endorsement myself. If it works as a marketing strategy, so be it.
    But I do not choose my phone, because one of these so called "celebs" uses it.

Can I take it from your reply, that we are at the point, where we agree that nothing I said is wrong?

Now onto:
    "Now i see where you're coming from. You tell the truth, but leave out the bad stuff that relates to BB."

The theme of this thread is Android and maleware.
    I said that, from all of the mobile platforms that exist today, Android is "the most maleware haunted".
    This automatically implies, that BlackBerry has some of it too, as I never included the premise that it wouldn't be the case.
    I specifically put the emphasis on "all of the mobile platforms".

Neither is that wrong, nor do I like to stir the pot. I just stated facts. I said that BlackBerry has maleware too, in this post:

Of course.
    But I for example prefer the way BlackBerry handles application permissions/restrictions.
    This alone is a reason for me, to only buy a BlackBerry, as long as they exist.

And if one uses a good Firewall and a good Anti-Virus, one should be safe with Windows ad long as Java and Flash is not installed.
    I used it a very long time, before they introduced "the great leap forward" called W8. I bought a Mac instantly after it was officially revealed. Security was a non issue for me on Windows.
    It doesn't change the fact, that the chances of getting infected are exponentially higher on a Windows PC.
    And that I don't want my phone to need the same kind of attention than my old PC.

Oh, and it's a fact that Android is by far the most malware haunted mobile OS on the planet.
    How that affects its sales, is another question.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 05-26-13 at 02:14 AM.
    05-26-13 02:02 AM
    If that is what you think, I suggest you look at some other threads in here, and see what I wrote there.

I do not care for celebrity endorsement myself. If it works as a marketing strategy, so be it.
    But I do not choose my phone, because one of these so called "celebs" uses it.

Can I take it from your reply, that we are at the point, where we agree that nothing I said is wrong?

Now onto:
    "Now i see where you're coming from. You tell the truth, but leave out the bad stuff that relates to BB."

The theme of this thread is Android and maleware.
    I said that, from all of the mobile platforms that exist today, Android is "the most maleware haunted".
    This automatically implies, that BlackBerry has some of it too, as I never included the premise that it wouldn't be the case.
    I specifically put the emphasis on "all of the mobile platforms".

Neither is that wrong, nor do I like to stir the pot. I just stated facts. I said that BlackBerry has maleware too, in this post:
    Not in that oust you quoted you didnt

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 08:27 AM
    Let's get something straight right now...

Android is NOT "the PC of the mobile world"!

Android has essentially no settings to allow it to be locked down. Heck, it won't even allow you to adjust app permissions.

Windows has a wide range of settings that allow it to be locked down to a wide range of extent. In fact, did you know Novell-like control can be implemented just with Windows Professional/Business versions itself? If you know what you are doing and are reasonably at least intermediate with computers, you can set up Windows to be a "default deny" environment in which nothing executes from where it can write to the disk, and nothing that writes to the disk can execute. It is a catch 22 for the malware. You can then install Microsoft Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit to prevent malicious exploit code from "borrowing" trusted applications to do dirty deeds using mitigation technology such as bottom up randomization, heap spray, in addition to system wide mitigations of DEP, SEHOP, and ASLR.

This is a mobile forum so to keep a long story short, Windows is secure. Very secure. It has been actually significantly more secure than Mac OS X (both in the lock down options, user security, and code protection departments) for a long time, and they are just now finally starting to catch up.

The reason Windows is perceived as insecure is because the way people use it out of the box is not ideal, not to mention many ignorant tweak guides strip Vista/7 key features down even more, because the "quick click and go" experience appeals to so many. Don't even get me started on those that turn off UAC, and as a result loose out on IE protected mode sandbox and file/registry virtualization. UAC belongs on Always Notify.

/end nerdrant

P.S. While manufacturers are indeed allowed to put their own bloatware on PCs, there are several companies you can order bloat-free PCs from, including Microsoft Signature themselves. Also, even with the bloatware which can be uninstalled and disabled from running quite easily, it is still a better situation than with Android. With Droid, both the carrier and manufacturer are allowed to bloat the device up. And, the manufacturer is allowed to add their own aspects to the OS, making for a truly convoluted experience among many devices that run Android. Nexus is the only Droid I would remotely consider buying.

~STV
    John Pawling likes this.
    05-26-13 08:42 AM
    ^Awesome post STV!

Not in that oust you quoted you didnt

Posted via CB10
    Then you should work on your reading comprehension skills.
    As I pointed out before, it is implied in the sentence with the part of "the most maleware haunted OS in the mobile landscape".

Since this is a comparison, and I didn't say "the only maleware haunted OS" it automitcally means, that thr other operating systems have maleware too.

It's not my fault, when some people do not understand what they read.

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    05-26-13 09:05 AM
    ^Awesome post STV!

Then you should work on your reading comprehension skills.
    As I pointed out before, it is implied in the sentence with the part of "the most maleware haunted OS in the mobile landscape".

Since this is a comparison, and I didn't say "the only maleware haunted OS" it automitcally means, that thr other operating systems have maleware too.

It's not my fault, when some people do not understand what they read.

Posted via CB10
    You can mask whatever you want with semantics. I maintain that you would cut off your arm, before you would write anything bad about BB. Please, don't give me that "implied" bs. You are a fanboy, masquerading as someone impartial. End of story.
    05-27-13 08:57 AM
    You can mask whatever you want with semantics. I maintain that you would cut off your arm, before you would write anything bad about BB. Please, don't give me that "implied" bs. You are a fanboy, masquerading as someone impartial. End of story.
    I'm a fan but I critique BlackBerry constantly...

~STV
    05-27-13 09:20 AM
    There is no need for masking anything, or to hide benind semantics.
    If someone doesn't understand what he reads, its neither my fault nor my problem. Simple as that.

I can only propose to look in some of the other threads, to see what I say, or what I do not say.

Or to quote STV:
    I'm a fan but I critique BlackBerry constantly...

~STV
    Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    05-27-13 09:24 AM
    If someone doesn't understand what he reads, its neither my fault nor my problem. Simple as that.

I can only propose to look in some of the other threads, to see what I say, or what I do not say.

Or to quote STV:

Posted via CB10
    *blushes*

~STV
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-27-13 09:34 AM

Or to quote STV:

Posted via CB10
    I understand exactly what you wrote, which is why i said what i did. I can see through the smoke & mirrors, and i stand behind what i said in my previous post. Good bye.
    05-27-13 09:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    Exactly!!!! Like I told you days ago how wrong you are and where to see that first hand. So go check out xda (ya its a forum not a thread) to see just how wrong you were
    Or dont. I don't care.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 09:50 AM
    I understand exactly what you wrote, which is why i said what i did. I can see through the smoke & mirrors, and i stand behind what i said in my previous post. Good bye.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 09:51 AM
    Exactly!!!! Like I told you days ago how wrong you are and where to see that first hand. So go check out xda (ya its a forum not a thread) to see just how wrong you were
    Or dont. I don't care.

Posted via CB10
    I went there.
    And I haven't found anything that would prove what I said wrong.

Rooting is a security issue. It's written in a lot of rooting disclaimers on XDA.

Android has the biggest part of maleware, in the mobile landscape.

Enterprises don't want rooted devices in their intern infrastructure.

Not one single point is wrong.

If you would have, then there would be no need to call it "smoke and mirrors".
    The worth of an ability to see through something that doesn't exist, seems pretty low.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 10:01 AM
    I went there.
    And I haven't found anything that would prove what I said wrong.

Rooting is a security issue. It's written in a lot of rooting disclaimers on XDA.

Android has the biggest part of maleware, in the mobile landscape.

Enterprises don't want rooted devices in their intern infrastructure.

Not one single point is wrong.

If you would have, then there would be no need to call it "smoke and mirrors".
    The worth of an ability to see through something that doesn't exist, seems pretty low.

Posted via CB10
    They might not want them but they run on enterprise already.
    Malware...yaaawnn. overblown at best. Still can't find all the people online getting effected by any.

Rooting if done wrong or incomplete is an issue. But with superuser asking for permissions for any app, it's on the user to lock it down..and it can be done quite simply.

Your generalizations are lame at best.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 10:38 AM
140 ... 456