A few months back I find out the Nexus 1 is coming to VZW. I was thinking with the browser on my BB is getting a little old to my liking and I was liking the Nexus 1. As we all know the Nexus 1 never made it to VZW.

The HTC Incredible comes out in May and again I'm thinking that is the phone I'm going to get but my NE2 is not up until June 15th or so. So I hold off. Then I find out the Droid X is about to be announced of their release date. And as we all know it's July 15th. Again, I hold off on ordering waiting for the Droid X.

Then I get something in the mail from Verizon. I open it up and find a coupon offering me $150 off a phone if used before the end of June. Now I'm really ready to get the Incredible for $50. I'm just about to go into the store and order it. As I was doing more research on the phone I find an article saying something to the effect of:

Anyone who order their HTC Incredible may exchange it for the Droid X since it will not be shipped until after the Droid X is released. Now I really want to get into the store before the end of the month to get my order in. I go into the store and talk with VZW asking my VZW rep about this. I find it's true. So I order a HTC Incredible.

Out come: The ship date for my HTC is the 26th of July. When I receive it I may go in and exchange it for the Droid X and still have the $150 off the $199 of the Droid X making me only pay $50 for the Droid X. Yes it's 9 days after the original release date but I'm sure I can wait 9 days since I waited 9 months twice for my 2 beautiful girls being born.
    07-03-10 02:04 PM
    Wow. Great deal if it all works out in the end.
    07-03-10 02:12 PM
    Way to work the system! I hope Sprint sends me a $150 off coupon to buy the Epic 4G

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-10 02:23 PM
    Wow. Great deal if it all works out in the end.
    I 2nd that.
    07-03-10 02:31 PM
    Then I get something in the mail from Verizon. I open it up and find a coupon offering me $150 off a phone if used before the end of June.
    I'm sure it's just a typo.. But you stated that the coupon ended already..
    07-03-10 03:38 PM
    I'm sure it's just a typo.. But you stated that the coupon ended already..
    I also believe I said this: I go into the store and talk with VZW asking my VZW rep about this. I find it's true. So I order a HTC Incredible.

And I hate to tell you this but it wasn't a typo. It was in the vzw system too!
    07-03-10 03:54 PM
    Personally, if the rep told you could do that, I would roll up/call the day of the release and have them cancel your order on the incredible. If you do it this way, they should still honor it for you, and you avoid the restocking fee since they never sent you the phone. My two cents.
    07-03-10 10:27 PM
    Way to work the system! I hope Sprint sends me a $150 off coupon to buy the Epic 4G

Where to get this coupon ?
    07-04-10 03:39 AM
    They sent It to me in the mail. I'm probably just as shocked as any one else here. My thinking is they were probably trying to get rid of other phones before the X came out when they sent out the mailer.

07-05-10 12:09 AM
    good luck if it works for you.....but as hey say....."time is money." If Moto can't keep up with demand for the DroidX, you are going to be waiting awhile to get your phone. and then you have to ask yourself, "was saving $150 really worth the wait and potential hassle?" Maybe it is, maybe it won't be.

One thing is for sure though.......You can walk into a VZW store on July 15th and walk out with a Droid X. That's definite. The other plan.......not so definite.
    07-05-10 11:13 AM
    At the amount I have given Verizon I'd expect to see one in my mail............but...........
    07-05-10 01:21 PM
    that sounds awesome
    u get to play with two brand new phones
    sounds like a win win
    07-06-10 02:01 AM
    good deal, i hope it works out for you!
    07-06-10 02:39 AM
    I also believe I said this: I go into the store and talk with VZW asking my VZW rep about this. I find it's true. So I order a HTC Incredible.

And I hate to tell you this but it wasn't a typo. It was in the vzw system too!
    yes you did typo as your post say you had to use the coupon before the end of June and you posted July 2nd...unless you were saying June of 2011.....TYPO!!!

But maybe not if you are telling a story that happened to you in the past and you waited to tell us until the 2nd...im so lost with you boys now
    Last edited by kennyl10; 07-06-10 at 11:31 AM.
    07-06-10 11:29 AM
    Wow. Great deal if it all works out in the end
    07-07-10 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD