I'm sure you guys are all aware of Creative's new Zii platform/experiment. Right to the point, I LOVED my Zen and was looking forward to getting a new mp3 player that was NOT an ipod. But then they unveiled their "Zii Trinity" hardware demo and...well I was quite excited.

There has been very little news on the Zii front, and was wondering if anyone had heard anything and what you guys thought about Creative's touchscreen Android powered smartphone.
    Zii.com
    04-07-10 08:41 AM
    From what I had read about the Zii, it was merely a software and hardware platform along the lines of the Tegra. They are hoping to license it to people who want to develop on their ecosystem, and the hardware that they demoed was just proof-of-concept. I don't think there are any (disclosed) plans for a Creative branded Android device at the moment. I'd love to be proven wrong, though :-)
    04-07-10 09:28 AM
    Wow, I had not heard anything about this. I hope it goes through. I've been a long time Creative user and have always been impressed by their products. This looks like it would be a cool phone and I bet the audio would sound amazing!
    04-07-10 12:39 PM
    From what I had read about the Zii, it was merely a software and hardware platform along the lines of the Tegra. They are hoping to license it to people who want to develop on their ecosystem, and the hardware that they demoed was just proof-of-concept. I don't think there are any (disclosed) plans for a Creative branded Android device at the moment. I'd love to be proven wrong, though :-)
    Understood, like I said I'd be happy if Creative just releases the Zii as their next gen media player. But seeing that smartphone demo, I mean that's a NICE demo. Here's the video of the phone for anyone interested- Zii Trinity smartphone concept handled on video -- Engadget
    04-07-10 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD