I own stores (wireless industry). I've used all kinda stuff but mostly stuck to BBs. Today, a brand new Samsung Galaxy S Captivate was sitting on my desk so I grabbed it.
    Question-- how's this Captivate on power consumption? I'm not some insane power user by any means. My surroundings are full of computers and phones (mobile AND landlines) so I don't need my batt to be insanely good but I have been a little spoiled by my BBs.
    You boys think the Captivate will be a big disappointment in that department?? As far as phones go-- I can see myself liking it. I've been messing with it since this afternoon and I like it alot.
    I know u guys in this neck of the woods really love your Droids and i respect that. So what do you all think? Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-11 11:29 PM
    I have the Verizon equivalent phone, the Fascinate, and it gets me through a full day with moderate usage.

02-09-11 11:48 PM
    My boss has one, and he had to tweak it a bit as far as battery goes.

It has a very good camera, even though it doesn't have a flash, it takes good pics in low light.
    02-10-11 03:03 AM
    tweak??? can you elaborate?

02-10-11 03:24 AM
    Not too sure, it's not my phone. I can ask him, but he's on vacation till mid-next week.
    02-10-11 03:34 AM
    k. thx. :-)

02-10-11 06:02 AM
    Tweaking is pretty much the same in all phones when you want to conserve battery life.
    - Make sure things like Facebook, Twitter, any social media etc aren't set to update every 5 mins or something like that. Set them to something reasonable for you.
    - Alot of people like switching to 2G until they want to browse the web and whatnot, at which point they switch to 3G.
    - Turn off GPS (and other location services) when not needed.
    - Turn down screen brightness
    - Turn off your haptic feedback for typing/touching the screen..especially vibrate.

Of course some people will say "Why buy a phone with all the bells and whistles when you have to turn them all off?"..to which my thinking is "Why buy a phone that doesnt have ANY bells and whistles?" At least you have the option to turn them off if they are there. You can't turn off what you don't have.
    02-10-11 07:19 AM
    i've been using the captivate since july... on moderate uses voice calls,gtalk,sms email and some gaming i can get one full day w/ each charge cycle, i start the day at 6am 100% at 7pm around 30%-35%...When i got the phone on launch day the battery was terrible, but after 3-4 charge cycles it's fine...just remember to discharge the battery to about 20%,then charge the phone for the first three charge cycles..

p.s. turning off gps and turning down the screen brightness helps too...
    02-10-11 10:06 AM
    i've been using the captivate since july... on moderate uses voice calls,gtalk,sms email and some gaming i can get one full day w/ each charge cycle, i start the day at 6am 100% at 7pm around 30%-35%...When i got the phone on launch day the battery was terrible, but after 3-4 charge cycles it's fine...just remember to discharge the battery to about 20%,then charge the phone for the first three charge cycles..

p.s. turning off gps and turning down the screen brightness helps too...
    That's reasonable (30% in the evening) Thank-You

02-10-11 10:34 AM
    sfjon918 is right, tweaking brightness, gps and bluetooth helps with battery consumption. It lasts through the day with phonecalls, texts, chat, moderate browsing and an average of 45mins of bluetooth usage (during drive to and from office). But mine is completely drained by the time i get home in the evening. Otherwise it is pretty decent, considering all the bells and whistles on this phone.

Helps to have chargers at every stopping point: home, office, car.

P.S. Girls use android phones too...
    02-10-11 12:56 PM
    That's reasonable (30% in the evening) Thank-You
    -yeah it's pretty reasonable.. but angry birds and robo defends really drain my battery the most lol...

sfjon918 is right, tweaking brightness, gps and bluetooth helps with battery consumption. It lasts through the day with phonecalls, texts, chat, moderate browsing and an average of 45mins of bluetooth usage (during drive to and from office). But mine is completely drained by the time i get home in the evening. Otherwise it is pretty decent, considering all the bells and whistles on this phone.

Helps to have chargers at every stopping point: home, office, car.

P.S. Girls use android phones too...

yeah a second charger doesn't hurt...
    02-10-11 01:45 PM
    I'm pretty much satisfied with the battery life of my Galaxy S. Unplugged it this morning at 6am and is now almost 10pm and I'm standing at 36% with moderate usage. Bluetooth/gps always off,wifi always on and brightness set to automatic. Considering all this phone has to offer, that's pretty good to me.

02-10-11 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD