I bought the Storm 2 when it came out, but the Droid looks really sweet. Can't decide if I should return the Storm 2 and get the Droid. What do you all think?
    11-16-09 02:50 PM
    I think you should go play with the Droid and the Eris and make a choice from there. The only way to really know if any of them are for you is to play with them.
    11-16-09 02:52 PM
    As somebody who has had both phones, I would without a doubt return the Storm2. and not because I hate RIM or blah blah blah, but simply because the phone works, and it is fast. IMO the Storm2 isnt much better than the s1, and I think the screen feels cheap. The browser is terrible, and I would get the spinning clock far to often even when just checking a text or something simple.
    11-16-09 02:53 PM
    Droid.

End of story. I've had the S1 since its release, then played with the S2, but going to the Droid was just amazing. People say the keyboard isn't that great, but honestly I've gotten used to it. And I purchased ($3) the "Better Keyboard" app from the Adroid Market which has satisfied my hunger for the BBerry SureType keyboard style. Other than that, the amount of Apps in the Market are just astonishing. Everyone that I work with that has played with the Droid is on a mission to get out of their contracts (Non-VZW people) and convert over
    11-16-09 02:54 PM
    Yeah I went and played with it, and the only thing I am going to miss is BBM if I do switch.
    Dont play with the Eris... just get the Droid.
    Droid.

End of story. I've had the S1 since its release, then played with the S2, but going to the Droid was just amazing. People say the keyboard isn't that great, but honestly I've gotten used to it. And I purchased ($3) the "Better Keyboard" app from the Adroid Market which has satisfied my hunger for the BBerry SureType keyboard style. Other than that, the amount of Apps in the Market are just astonishing. Everyone that I work with that has played with the Droid is on a mission to get out of their contracts (Non-VZW people) and convert over
    Can you take a picture of the "Better Keyboard" App? That may be the deciding factor.
    11-16-09 02:57 PM
    Go play with the droid and see if it is for you.
    11-16-09 02:59 PM
    Dam, I wasn't sure what to do, but now I realized that I want the Droid. I guess i will be returning the Storm 2. I am so tired of lack of apps.
    11-16-09 03:00 PM
    Here's the link to the Dev site for Better Keyboard:

Introducing: Better Keyboard for Android � Better Android Apps

They should have some pictures of the SureType style keyboard (they call it Compact QWERTY) on there somewhere. I'm rather limited to the sites that I can visit through the network at work :-/
    11-16-09 03:01 PM
    Here's the link to the Dev site for Better Keyboard:

Introducing: Better Keyboard for Android � Better Android Apps

They should have some pictures of the SureType style keyboard (they call it Compact QWERTY) on there somewhere. I'm rather limited to the sites that I can visit through the network at work :-/
    Very Nice. Thanks a lot.
    11-16-09 03:07 PM
    I bought the Storm 2 when it came out, but the Droid looks really sweet. Can't decide if I should return the Storm 2 and get the Droid. What do you all think?
    I'll make a suggestion. Decide if the Storm 2 does everything you want it to do, and makes you happy. If you are happy with it, keep it. Don't feel pressured to move to the Droid or any other device, if you are happy with what you have. The grass is not always greener, even though you wouldn't know it from reading things here. If its Android you are interested in, I'd wait a few months, VZW will have much nicer phones than the two they have right now.
    11-16-09 03:35 PM
    Would you jump off a bridge if someone ask you to? Unless you only 8 yrs old go and try it out for yourself and see which phone is best for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 03:39 PM
    Would you jump off a bridge if someone ask you to? Unless you only 8 yrs old go and try it out for yourself and see which phone is best for you.

Well, of course! That is the only logical thing to do. What is the matter with you?
    11-16-09 03:49 PM
    I have a Storm 1 but won't be making the switch to the Droid. I finally got a chance to play with one yesterday and WOW is Android 2.0 amazing. I'm just not a fan of the hardware - no need for physical keyboard and like a little bit sleaker look - but I will be switching to an Android phone as soon as VZW gets a nice full touchscreen (Passion please VZW!!).

The hardware is just my opinion, but the Droid is a sweet phone.
    11-16-09 04:38 PM
    I have a Storm 1 but won't be making the switch to the Droid. I finally got a chance to play with one yesterday and WOW is Android 2.0 amazing. I'm just not a fan of the hardware - no need for physical keyboard and like a little bit sleaker look - but I will be switching to an Android phone as soon as VZW gets a nice full touchscreen (Passion please VZW!!).

The hardware is just my opinion, but the Droid is a sweet phone.
    Did you play with the Eris? Little bit smaller screen, but not that much of a difference.

Do you need a flash?
    11-16-09 04:40 PM
    Did you play with the Eris? Little bit smaller screen, but not that much of a difference.

Do you need a flash?
    Played with the Eris, and if it gets 2.0 and VZW doesn't release the rumored Passion, I will move over to that.

Assuming that's you in your avatar, I'll pass on the flash, but thanks for offering!
    11-16-09 05:37 PM
    I had the Storm 2 and returned it for the DROID.

DO IT.
    11-16-09 05:54 PM
    Droid.

So look at just the first page of the S2 forums. Damn near nothing but complaints about the POS. And this is RIM's second try at making a touchscreen phone.

They should just give it up and make nothing but business phones.
    11-16-09 06:13 PM
    LOL Bundy...
    11-16-09 06:15 PM
    Completely agree as far as the Droid Eris is concerned....Verizon should have pushed that phone instead of that disappointing Motorola.....no need for that keyboard when both virtual keyboards on the Droid Eris are so great!

As far as your S2...man, if you are happy with it, enjoy it! That's a great phone, and I actually think Blackberries are sweet. Droids are cool too, but after awhile it all kind of turns into an apples to oranges thing....peace, and let's go 2.0 on Eris!
    11-16-09 07:45 PM
    Get the Droid! I was a blackberry die-hard until November 6th.
    11-17-09 12:13 AM
    get the storm2. No random reboot issues
    11-17-09 01:00 AM
    I'm in the same boat.

Love the S2, yet it does get a bit boring at times.
    11-17-09 01:20 AM
    get the storm2. No random reboot issues
    LOL. Good try, the vast majority of Droids don't have this problem. My Tour did though, before I returned it.

11-17-09 01:31 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD