I have read tons of threads, but clearly I am an *****. My understanding is that the new Motorola Droid will have push email for Gmail accts only and that if you want to access other accounts it will be through active sync?

First off, am I correct in that understanding?

Secondly, how does active sync differ from the push email I currently use to access my yahoo email and my microsoft outlook work acct?
    10-29-09 01:43 PM
    lol, not sure why the forum is bothered by me calling myself an i d i o t!
    10-29-09 01:51 PM
    that seems to be correct.
    Active sync is for exchange servers and was mostly used for windows model devices but has expanded in recent years.
    10-29-09 01:57 PM
    Thanks for your quick response! One more clarification if you could. Does active sync push my email or do I have intitate a process to retieve it?
    10-29-09 02:04 PM
    it will check the servers from time to time for new email u set it to how often you want it done or u can manually check anytime u feel like it
    10-29-09 02:06 PM
    This phone will have full exchange support. You do not need ActiveSync. It will work just like the iPhone and every windows mobile phone. You put your Exchange server settings in and it will push you email in real time, as well as sync your contacts, calendar, notes and tasks. All in real time.
    10-29-09 02:10 PM
    OMG!! That is it for me! Goodbye Storm, hello Droid!!!

Thanks cliffr39, tracksforhire, and dhendriksen. I only hope I can find a droid forum as fantastic as crackberry.
    10-29-09 02:14 PM
    I haven't been able to find a good Android forum, that is why I am just using this one!!!
    10-29-09 02:15 PM
    To add to this, how hard is the yahoo email setup? its a personal account and on my blackberry all i had to do is input the username and password, is this the same for android phones? I don't mind that the yahoo email wouldn't be push, but i do want to have access to it.
    10-29-09 02:40 PM
    I just need to find out how much Best Buy is going to charge me when I replace my Tour I bought from them (in July) with a Droid. Reading their website it looks like within 181 days it would be $300 fee.
    10-29-09 02:41 PM
    Seems like it might be easier and cheaper to add a line and then cancel it after 181days. I am pretty sure on my family share plan an additional line is only 9.99 a month.
    10-29-09 02:58 PM
    Seems like it might be easier and cheaper to add a line and then cancel it after 181days. I am pretty sure on my family share plan an additional line is only 9.99 a month.
    That's what I am going to do...add-a-line.
    10-29-09 03:01 PM
    Email question for any current Android users: Are emails in full html and full length, or truncated in some way like Blackberry emails? *my biggest irritation lately.
    10-29-09 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD