ok i now own a blackberry and am thinking of going to the hero but i NEED my work email pushed to my device.
    we use outlook and i can access it from a mobile site so i have my berry pull the email from the outlook web access site so the mail gets pushed as soon as i recieve the message.
    i dont know if it helps but the remote site is https:webmail.company name.com

please let me know because i am sick and tired of waiting for the damn tour 2, lol

thanks guys
    02-19-10 08:08 PM
    There should be IT where you work, they can help you set it up. I get ALL emails to my droid wicked quick, even free yahoo. Remember, blackberry servers must be gone through before you get an email. With the droid, the middle man is google. You need to know the differences in their delivery policy's, so visit them and inquire...Blackberry sucks...Oh, you fouled out, this is the android section, the tour sucks is over in the BB side of waiting for the web-kit browser...ha ha ha..J/K Not really! J/K not! Mods forgive me, I have a sense of humor, and utilize it some...Crack berry is awesome! If I offend, accept me apologies, I mean not!
    02-19-10 10:10 PM
    Yeah my it wouldn't touch my blackberry and said it couldn't happen unless I had a company issued device which I don't.
    I figured a way to do it though on the BB.
    I know I will get no help from IT that's y I came here. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-10 12:06 AM
    If you can forward to gmail that would work. Ask IT if they support active sync.

And if you "NEED" your work email, why aren't they providing you a phone? Tell em to quit being cheap baatards.

02-21-10 05:30 PM
    If you can forward to gmail that would work. Ask IT if they support active sync.

And if you "NEED" your work email, why aren't they providing you a phone? Tell em to quit being cheap baatards.

I have a work phone but they are talking about getting us blackberrys. I need it because it helps me make more sales when I know what deals have changed.
    It will not support active sync and cannot be fowarded to another gmail acct. I tried with my winmo phone.

02-22-10 12:55 AM
    I have a work phone but they are talking about getting us blackberrys. I need it because it helps me make more sales when I know what deals have changed.
    It will not support active sync and cannot be fowarded to another gmail acct. I tried with my winmo phone.

Your options are use active sync, or forward to gmail. I guess you might as well wait for them to get you a berry if BES is all they will use and support. Personally I like android better, active sync isnt the same as BES so its hard to compare

02-22-10 09:15 AM
    Good luck eve6er69, I had to talk to IT to get my student email working, they told me, so I just went in and had those emails forwarded to my yahoo account. It is a reliable workaround. I wouldn't want to "have" to use BB either, but I would if the company was buying lol.
    02-22-10 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD