Just wondering if messing with the droid os and the phone gets bricked, will you be able to recover it like a blackberry?
    11-12-09 07:01 PM
    From what I've read on the Dev sites, there is no fix for a bricked Android phone. If you brick it while rooting, you have a 600 dollar paper weight.
    11-12-09 07:14 PM
    damn that sucks looks like ill be keeping it stock if i decide to buy, thanks for the response
    11-12-09 07:18 PM
    That does suck... that's what I love about both BlackBerry and the iPhone. It's never really bricked.
    11-12-09 07:55 PM
    they will be able to be restored once a restore file is created.... ive brought back several G1's that were bricked due to a bad rom flash.

give it about a month for a working restore file to be created.
    11-12-09 08:17 PM
    from what i have read in some of the developers forums the 2.0 os is almost brick proof, that said i wouldnt go messing with the os code. just hang out for a bit and sooner than later it will be rooted for sure. for what reason are you looking at rooting the droid? if its for the apps2sd that is getting addressed atm and from what i am reading the app is in beta stage. i would post links but im not sure if i would get into trouble.
    11-12-09 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD