I have never owned an Android device, but I have a friend who has an Evo. I use Outlook as my desktop email client. When she forwards emails to me using her Evo, the formatting is weird and almost unreadable.

Each recipient's address is separated by both a comma and a semicolon. "&gt" follows each recipient's address, so [email protected] looks like "[email protected]>,"

The contents of the email appear to be in plain text, but it is jumbled about, with no clear distinction where a paragraph begins or ends.

When she forwards emails using her PC, there is no weird formatting.

She is sending the emails from her Comcast address, not Gmail.

Is there some setting she needs to adjust on her Evo?
    06-28-11 10:24 AM
    Do you know if she's using the stock email app or a 3rd party app for email?
    06-28-11 11:25 AM
    Do you know if she's using the stock email app or a 3rd party app for email?
    I am not sure, but I will ask her.
    06-28-11 11:31 AM
    The &gt is the html escape code for the ">" character. And based on the point you said the body of the text is jumbled about, it appears that she's receiving email that is in html format, then trying to forward it in plain text format. Check to see if she has any settings that relate to how reading and sending is formatted.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-28-11 11:49 AM
    The &gt is the html escape code for the ">" character. And based on the point you said the body of the text is jumbled about, it appears that she's receiving email that is in html format, then trying to forward it in plain text format. Check to see if she has any settings that relate to how reading and sending is formatted.
    Do Android devices have the ability to preserve the original formatting when emails are forwarded, or do they automatically get sent as plain text?
    06-28-11 11:53 AM
    i just forward an email from my hotmail account to gmail account. It was full html and all remained completely intact with pictures and formatting. All from the apps on my phone. there might be a setting incorrect on her end
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-28-11 12:07 PM
    Yep. Normally it should be preserved. I've never encountered this particular issue with Android myself.
    06-28-11 12:09 PM
    I will ask her to forward the emails in HTML format, not plain text.
    06-28-11 12:09 PM
    Just out of curiosity, the emails she forwards to you, do they all originate from the same source? If they are, It may be that the HTML formatting from the originating source is a bit faulty, so her email client when sending it plain text gets confused in the parsing and doesn't convert it properly.
    06-28-11 12:15 PM
    Just out of curiosity, the emails she forwards to you, do they all originate from the same source? If they are, It may be that the HTML formatting from the originating source is a bit faulty, so her email client when sending it plain text gets confused in the parsing and doesn't convert it properly.
    I do not think they are from the same source. The only common denominator is that they are forwarded from her Evo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-11 12:19 PM
    I wondering if it is a Sprint issue or a phone issue. I have several people who send me email from their droids, however the one friend that has an EVO always has the same type of issue as what you are talking about.
    06-29-11 12:33 AM
    I wondering if it is a Sprint issue or a phone issue. I have several people who send me email from their droids, however the one friend that has an EVO always has the same type of issue as what you are talking about.
    I will let you know. I emailed my friend, so I should hear from her today.
    06-29-11 12:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD