Hey everyone I'm currently using a Blackberry Storm 9530 on Telus and considering gettting the HTC desire when it is released in a few weeks. Before I purchase it I would like to make sure that the phone is capable of these things.

1) Multi LED notifications - Something similar to Berrybuzz, I find it one of the most useful things on my storm and would hate to give it up.

2) Camera Flash flashlight app - I currently use the video camera function on my storm and it gives me a very bright light via the camera flash. I dont like any of those apps that just make the screen white they are useless in my opinion.

3) Physical button to change songs - Right now if I hold the volume button up or down on my storm it will change to next or previous song. This is real easy for me to reach my hand in my pocket and change songs without actually having to take my phone out unlock it and change songs

4) Tether - I'm pretty sure telus hspa network allows tethering so this may not be such a big deal but currently I use the tether app and like it alot.

5) Removable battery - I work outdoors and listen to music most of my day and such go through a battery or two so it's nice to be able to carry spares
    07-31-10 11:45 AM
    Hey everyone I'm currently using a Blackberry Storm 9530 on Telus and considering gettting the HTC desire when it is released in a few weeks. Before I purchase it I would like to make sure that the phone is capable of these things.

1) Multi LED notifications - Something similar to Berrybuzz, I find it one of the most useful things on my storm and would hate to give it up.

2) Camera Flash flashlight app - I currently use the video camera function on my storm and it gives me a very bright light via the camera flash. I dont like any of those apps that just make the screen white they are useless in my opinion.

3) Physical button to change songs - Right now if I hold the volume button up or down on my storm it will change to next or previous song. This is real easy for me to reach my hand in my pocket and change songs without actually having to take my phone out unlock it and change songs

4) Tether - I'm pretty sure telus hspa network allows tethering so this may not be such a big deal but currently I use the tether app and like it alot.

5) Removable battery - I work outdoors and listen to music most of my day and such go through a battery or two so it's nice to be able to carry spares
    1. Not sure, but it should work if it has an LED notification light. A lot of apps actually let you pick the color of the LED notification you want within the specific app.

2. Yes. There are a lot of them. I use TeslaLED and have it as a widget on my homescreen to turn on/off whenever I need it for flashlight use.

3. Not sure on this one.

4. Yes, plenty of tethering options out there.

5. Yes it has a removable battery. All Android devices do.
    07-31-10 12:53 PM
    1) There are some programs that allow you to customize the LED, and off the top of my head I can't name any. I know in Handsent SMS, you can change the LED for SMS notifications

2) Just scoured the market, and didn't see any apps on the market to turn the flash into a flashlight. May have to look online for an app not on the market.

3) Nothing right out of the box will change the songs. One of the updates rolling around actually gave you the ability to change tracks from the locked screen.

4) I use PDANet on my G1 to tether. Works wonders for me.

5) Yep. You can change the battery whenever you need to.
    07-31-10 01:08 PM
    2) Just scoured the market, and didn't see any apps on the market to turn the flash into a flashlight. May have to look online for an app not on the market.
    Huh? Just search "flashlight" in the market and a whole list of flashlight apps come up. I recommend TeslaLED though. Extremely responsive.
    07-31-10 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD